Home The Bridge

How much a month do you guys spend on this game?

Less than $20?
$20-50?
More than $50?
Or nothing at all?

Comments

• Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you average it out, close to 100 a month, but I spent high initially to get set up, throttled back afterwards, so only 3000 or so over 32 months
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    res3d99r8h06.gif

(Actually, I usually prefer not to add it up. I call this method "Blissful Oblivion".)

I like Blissful Ignorance. I spend on the monthly card and mega DYC. I've also got the 10 for 10 twice, I think, and once during a crew slot sale for enough dilithium to hit the 1500 I needed. I don't want to think of how much that adds to.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most months, around $15 (monthly card plus a small offer of some kind). I have had an occasional splurge, so it probably averages $20 over 2 years.
  • My wallet permanently snapped shut this last event. I'm done holding onto the hope that DB will actually Do Better.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • I buy the monthly card occasionally, and perhaps the odd DYS or offer here and there, but can then go months without spending anything.

I would guess that over the two years I’ve played I’ve spent approx £5 per month on average.

For that, and my longevity in play, I can usually make top 1000 in any event I choose and can occasionally push myself (last week I finished 80th for example).

• I am VIP 14 for ever
    After yar screw up and db basically telling me it is our way or the highway
    I spent 0 dollars and couldn't be happier
    DB Do-Better II
  • maezzam090fk.gif
    DB Do-Better II
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    $0 since about March 2017 (and don't ever plan to put a penny more into the game ... not because DB being DB, but because of the style of game even though I do enjoy it) ...

But I did spend a little money prior to that (a couple of monthly cards and some packs) ... so that comes down to an average of:

$0,72 per month since I started playing (around Aug 2016 - not exactly sure, was in the summer of 2016 for sure) ... some of that (monthly cards) was Google money from doing Google Opinion Rewards, so I don't feel too bad about it. :)
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I was an f2p player for the first year, but I started buying the monthly card last December and since then I've also bought some offers, especially 10x10 packs. So since May, I've been spending 10 or 20 euros a month, depending on the month. As for an average over the two years, I must have spent about 5 euros a month.

But I think I will cut it back to the monthly card, not so much because of the screw ups as because at level 66 I don't get anything out of it anymore, except for 4* and 5* that I don't want and, very rarely, one that I do want. At this point, I can rank above 1000 without investing any money if I really care about the ranked 5* and I don't really get anything useful out of the 10x10 packs anymore (one character in 10 packs is not worth the expense for me).

• Until recently I was a monthly card player with the VERY occasional special offer (once a quarter? Maybe) Now that money goes to Pokemon Go.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • I just buy the monthly card, mostly. I have in the past spent on 10x pack deals and a few event packs. I may have spent a couple of hundred bucks in total but I've been playing since shortly after the game was released so that's not bad, and I hold my own against many of the wallet warriors. I really don't like spending $$ to end up with honour points though, so I've stopped buying the 10x portal deals too because I usually end up with only one or two crew I can actually use at this juncture. So I don't plan on spending much more on this game, and after last weeks debacle I'm planning on winding back the amount of time I spend on it too.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Yargate, a little over $4 a month - monthly card for the last two months and all but one of the recent 10 for $10 offers. Other spending tends to be streaky for me because I wait until I come across a crew I really want, then get the gambler’s itch.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    $0.

Time, on the other hand....
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it really matter?

:)

Trista
  • Since Yargate, a little over $4 a month - monthly card for the last two months and all but one of the recent 10 for $10 offers. Other spending tends to be streaky for me because I wait until I come across a crew I really want, then get the gambler’s itch.

Ditto. Never spent that much but limiting myself to the monthly card after some brush offs by customer service when having issues with packs.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Does it really matter?

:)

Trista

Trista spends on Shoes ask her what that allowance is. Lol
  • Now it use to be upwards of $600 a month. But as of late 2018 it will be $0, not even a monthly card. Time to find Real friends with Real games.
  • Used to occasionally go for $10 legendaries and sometimes the $25 DYS for mega event featured crew. Now it’s monthly card only.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Varies depending on my mood. Some months I go an easy $10-15, some in the hundreds...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    before they changed the rewards system, anywhere from $25-100.
    since they went to this bizarre, nonsensical event rewards system, monthly card only
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dare not add it up, but I have really cut down the last few months as the 10 for $10 packs just yield garbage and everything else is too expensive and usually ends up with disappointment. As a company they really treat their customers with contempt, so going forwards I'm going to be ftp at lest until fleet command is released.
    DB: Do Better
  • In a year and a half playing I’d say £40 on deals, then £4.00 monthly card. So that works out at £2.00 a week roughly. 10 hours playing a week, that’s 20 pence an hour.

I’d call that a bargain for the fun had with game. And when DB makes mistakes, at least they do make up for them. Seen so many games where they just don’t care, and take you for granted.
  • I'm a monthly card player mostly but have splashed out a few times for DYC or the 10x10 offer. I've been playing from the start so I've got so many crew immortalised that even the 10x10 offer is usually a waste of money unless I get a Begold so often I'll just pass on those too.

As others have said, the biggest investment I've made is time and that is a LOT of time!!

I've not spent enough to have any regrets about it and I don't begrudge the time either since I found an awesome fleet who I can share my love of Trek (as well as a bunch of other stuff) with.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met