Home The Bridge

How much a month do you guys spend on this game?

1235»

Comments

• edited November 2018
    VIP 14 but after Polywater Yar crap mess up they barely squeeze 3.99 out of me.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    earthman34 wrote: »
    Not impressed.
    m5hgnqve7nve.jpg

Not bad for a guy who can't even clear a node on a mission!
    Keep spending, pal! ;)

Perhaps you underestimated, looks like 2 Macbook pros per month. Yikes....
  • Well, actually...
    Each dollar spent in STT is worth 50 VIP points. Regardless of what offer you buy, regardless of what frequency you buy them at, regardless of what you buy with it - each $1 USD is worth 50 VIP points.

So $10 spent is worth 500 VIP Points, or VIP Level 3
    So $100 spent is worth 5000 VIP Points, or VIP Level 8
    So $1000 spent is worth 50,000 VIP Points, or VIP Level 14.

So, if you show VIP 14 next to your name, and you click on the 14 and it shows a counter at the bottom greater than 50,000 VIP Points, then yes in fact - you have spent more than $1000 USD on this game.**

**Please note, that as always - there is one exception to this rule. If you spammed and abused the Independence Day pack that gave free DIL and VIP points, you may have inadvertently climbed without spend. This should have been removed, but not all players had the VIP points removed.

Well that's pretty scary. I have been playing since soon after the game launched and was f2p for ages before I started buying monthly cards and random packs. I'm now VIP 13 on 28450 VIP points. By your math I have spent $US 569 which is way more than I would have imagined, and certainly more than I intended it to add up to.

With the recent bugs and CS issues I'm really scaling back my spending and this may be my last monthly card. I feel that I will go back to f2p and possibly even retire from the game altogether soon as I feel overwhelmed with all the 'offers' and packs being forced down my throat all the time to spend spend spend. It's not FUN when you do that, DB, I just want to hang out and chat with my fleet crew most of the time but your chat client is so lame that even that is painful.

Do better. Please.
  • I can't help but wonder how many people play beyond their means, by which I mean this game at no stage tells you how much you have spent, other than by doing the math above. It's kind of like gambling (you spend money hoping to 'win') and certainly addictive, demanding you come back every 2-3 hours for voyages, shuttles and chores. Only recently has DB introduced 'pop ups' to suggest players take a break. DB's duty of care seems to extend only to players time, rather than their cash.

I can't imagine too many people would pay $1000 for a console with only one game, right? And then keep feeding money into it?

Also, I collect action figures. A decent one costs less than a mid-range event pack, and you actually get a real, physical character you can play with and display, instead of a few pixels on a screen. So when I consider these offers for legendary crew I think about what figures I want and usually divert the cash to that instead.