Home The Bridge

How much a month do you guys spend on this game?

Comments

• ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    My downward trend in spending is driven predominantly by normal exhaustion with the game accelerated by crappy customer service.

I used to spend around €50/month on the game on average, but my spending fell to zero recently too, though I am now back on the monthly card.

For me it was running out of characters to level that did it, and a bad run of event characters that I wasn't interested in.

I'd also had a run in with CS that took forever, that they made multiple mistakes in and I ended up having to decide whether continuing to fight was worth it. It wasn't.

I don't mind the bugs that creep in, that's pretty normal in gaming. And in general I am happy with DBs response to issues though there have been a few high profile missteps. If I have any long term negative feelings towards the company, most of it comes from the dreadful customer service problems that they have.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    VIP level 14 (x2, my actual VIP score is around 120,000).

My roadmap is roughly as follows;

- First 6 months, very little spend (£100 tops). It was clear the game had many issues and was pay to win from the get go. But many late nights of fun were had.

- As time went on, I enjoyed the game more in general, so had fewer issues with buying packs - probably spent £1000 in those 1-2 years. Despite the occasional issues and bugs, there were still enough new features and personal goals to chase after.

- As I got stronger, broke 400 immortals, been subjected to numerous #gates and poor CS, I started to tone it down somewhat. Sure, we all have our differing amounts of disposable incomes, but there’s a limit. I could have played 30x full PC/Console games by this point and STT doesn’t come close to even just 1 good real game, other than the addiction/community factor (which is basically free).

- At present I’m supporting DB:DB (DB Do Better), and won’t be spending anything until I get a reasonable response over recent issues.

[edit] oh um average per month - I guess about £65/£70 overall.
  • I play other games currently. The difference in CS is just ridiculously obvious and I've never even had to file tickets for said games. That's usually because before I even realized the issue CS has proactively reached out and offered compensation with a FULL explanation of what happened. Can you imagine if that was DB's approach.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Monthly card and a 10x10 offer once or twice per month if offered.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm half expecting that announcement any day now. It's hard to believe a company that intends to stay in business would mistreat its biggest players/customers. It's quite possible DB doesn't care because they already know the end date.
    That would make sense. I can't see the game lasting much longer with competition out soon (i.e. Star Trek Fleet Command).

DB: Do Better
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I'm half expecting that announcement any day now. It's hard to believe a company that intends to stay in business would mistreat its biggest players/customers. It's quite possible DB doesn't care because they already know the end date.
    That would make sense. I can't see the game lasting much longer with competition out soon (i.e. Star Trek Fleet Command).

Too bad it's the Kelvin timeline.
  • Jim Steele wrote: »

After three years (almost,) I'm not giving up on timelines. I've dropped a few dollars over the years but not enough to feel the burn now. It is interesting that a couple decent games.are.coming out around the same time. I tried to get access to the non-US version of Fleet Command unsuccessfully, however I'm really enjoying Star Trek Adversaries since unlike timelines you do get real time multiplayer. It has a long way to go before it's got the curb appeal of timelines though.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMDG wrote: »
    Too bad it's the Kelvin timeline.

why is that bad?
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    It's not Star Trek for me. Look at the huge drop at the box office ( adjusted for inflation )

Star Trek $315,768,900
    Star Trek Into Darkness $250,302,200
    Star Trek Beyond $170,586,400
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It's not Star Trek for me. Look at the huge drop at the box office ( adjusted for inflation )

Star Trek $315,768,900

I quite like the re-booted franchise. Cummberbach made an excellent Khaaann!!..

Edit: The Next Gen Movies suffered a similar downward trend in their box office takings.

Star Trek: First Contact $189,576,200
    Star Trek: Generations $164,934,500
    Star Trek: Insurrection $134,346,100
    Star Trek: Nemesis $67,273,000

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭

Star Trek $315,768,900

Edit: The Next Gen Movies suffered a similar downward trend in their box office takings.

Jim

Generations came out 2 years before First Contact.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Star Trek $315,768,900

Jim

Or, put another way, adjusted for inflation, people like the Kelvin timeline better than The Next Generation (and heck, Beyond did better than the last two TOS movies as well).

Which is why we can probably all agree that box office gross may not be the best measure of quality.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I don't know when I started so I can't say how much is is monthly but I believe I've got the monthly card 3 times. I wanted the 4th shuttle and I wanted to unlock warp10. Now that I've done that I won't spend anymore. I like getting crew randomly or from events. For me that's more fun than buying them.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Star Trek $315,768,900

Jim

Or, put another way, adjusted for inflation, people like the Kelvin timeline better than The Next Generation (and heck, Beyond did better than the last two TOS movies as well).

Which is why we can probably all agree that box office gross may not be the best measure of quality.

Very true. Two words. Michael Bay
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    ok then lets see some scores with screenshots to prove it..

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are seriously asking this question and not just trolling. Nobody owes you "proof", but perhaps if you ask nicely without being accusatory, somebody will post a screenshot of their total VIP points from the Dilithium purchase window (which keeps counting up after you hit VIP 14).

Reaching VIP 14 (which is 50k VIP points) takes about $1000 worth of in-game purchases. There are many people who are VIP 14 several times over. So, somebody who has about 200,000 VIP points, has spent around $4000 on the game. And that's actually only a "mid-level whale", at best, to be honest.

Just doing a quick search, I found a screenshot in a thread from 2 months back, where you can see the player has 128k VIP points — which translates to around $2,500 spent. Which, again, is less than what many have spent (including a certain player whose avatar features a pipe-smoking android *coughcough*), and not even close to what the biggest spenders are dropping.

This is not true. I have been VIP 14 for some time, and I've never spent anywhere near $1000 on this game or any game.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, actually...
    Each dollar spent in STT is worth 50 VIP points. Regardless of what offer you buy, regardless of what frequency you buy them at, regardless of what you buy with it - each $1 USD is worth 50 VIP points.

So $10 spent is worth 500 VIP Points, or VIP Level 3
    So $100 spent is worth 5000 VIP Points, or VIP Level 8
    So $1000 spent is worth 50,000 VIP Points, or VIP Level 14.

So, if you show VIP 14 next to your name, and you click on the 14 and it shows a counter at the bottom greater than 50,000 VIP Points, then yes in fact - you have spent more than $1000 USD on this game.**

**Please note, that as always - there is one exception to this rule. If you spammed and abused the Independence Day pack that gave free DIL and VIP points, you may have inadvertently climbed without spend. This should have been removed, but not all players had the VIP points removed.

25$ offers usually give 1500 vip, so it’s a little off on those too.

• There have been many offers that add "bonus" VIP and dilithium...so no, you don't have to spend anywhere near $1000 to get to VIP 14.
  • jdebt5wfecvi.png

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:#
  • Well, actually...
    Each dollar spent in STT is worth 50 VIP points. Regardless of what offer you buy, regardless of what frequency you buy them at, regardless of what you buy with it - each $1 USD is worth 50 VIP points.

So $10 spent is worth 500 VIP Points, or VIP Level 3
    So $100 spent is worth 5000 VIP Points, or VIP Level 8
    So $1000 spent is worth 50,000 VIP Points, or VIP Level 14.

So, if you show VIP 14 next to your name, and you click on the 14 and it shows a counter at the bottom greater than 50,000 VIP Points, then yes in fact - you have spent more than $1000 USD on this game.**

**Please note, that as always - there is one exception to this rule. If you spammed and abused the Independence Day pack that gave free DIL and VIP points, you may have inadvertently climbed without spend. This should have been removed, but not all players had the VIP points removed.

That's really good to know. I can now actually calculate reasonably close to what I've spent, since I haven't really tracked it at all. I'm level 10, just barely. So that is 9K VIP. 9000/50 = $180. Been playing since about beginning, so let's say 34 months. So, about $5.29 a month. Considering the monthly card is $4 of that, I feel pretty good about that. Although, this month I have yet to renew that monthly card.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonus DIL is given by the VIP level. VIP Points are static. As Paladin pointed out, a $25 offer gives $30 worth of points - sure you can find an odd one like that - but if you've spent enough to be VIP 14, you've spent $1000.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    CS used to give VIP points for things too, at least early in the game they did.
  • I spend about $49 a month. Monthly card, DYC, and 2 10x10 packs. I have considered dropping the DYC due to 50k honor not being as big of an issue due to skirmishes as it once was and almost all 4* crew being immed I turn them into honor.
    I usually increase due to Black Friday sales and Xmas sales.

I am surprised by reading all the anger at support in this thread. I have played several games and the reason I spend money on this is due to the crazy amount of communication and free compensation.
  • Almost a AngelAlmost a Angel ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    cqmvsvdvest6.jpg
    People don't spend that much money on a phone game..they lie to seem important

I don't lie ....I keep it Real!
  • These are airbrushed or
    Inspect element
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are airbrushed or
    Inspect element

Or, and more likely ;) , while for you STT is just a mobile game for others it is a hobby they invest in...