Home The Bridge
Options

How many copies of The Caretaker did you receive?

Comments

• Options
    Irial wrote: »
    Not sure what I would do if over the coming few days I were to get The Caretaker a 6th time prior to his departure from The Gauntlet …

What a conundrum...
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    We need a pity counter for gauntlet legendary. Just like we have for galaxy rare rewards. Of course increases much more slowly, but just improves the gauntlet legendary odds for dedicated folks with bad rng. Can’t be that hard to code as they already do it for galaxy events.
  • Options
    kobakoba ✭✭✭
    4 locuti
    5 guinans
    2 caretakers

11k rounds
    Leader of the Czechoslovak Fleet (Starbase level 134). We are recruiting!

My Cryostasis Vault
  • Options
    ST_DreadnoughtST_Dreadnought ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    0 Caretaker
    2 Guinan
    1 Locutus

14k gauntlet rounds
  • Options
    Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    4 caretakers, 1 locutus from achievement & 1 guinan.

Really wanted locutus to drop, had to do 20k rounds to get him. Only 1 guinan... Wanted more copies. Ironically i will be content with getting only 1 armus.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    In case anyone else is curious.

m54bgmi4l0ea.jpg

Highly incomplete data, especially for the correlative analysis, but somewhat reassuring that even among 14 of us the amount of rounds played accounts for about 65% of variation in drops. Granted, this doesn't account for life of play.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Can't answer the poll, as my answer's not there: zero!
  • Options
    borg2004 wrote: »
    14w5m8224bb2.png

Wow! I have to admit that I'm feeling a little "gauntlet only crew" envy right now. If you have any secrets to share with the rest of us regarding your success, feel free to share them. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    [/quote]
    Wow! I have to admit that I'm feeling a little "gauntlet only crew" envy right now. If you have any secrets to share with the rest of us regarding your success, feel free to share them. ;) [/quote]

just dumb luck i m afraid...i have played more than 20k rounds if that says anything.i used citations on locutus as he was good for the borg collection but the others simply dropped for me.i think my fleet hates me lol

• Options
    ZERO. No Caretaker, no Guinan, and no Locutus. Really starting to think this game hates me.
  • Options
    8492 gauntlet rounds, 0 Locutus, 1 Guinan, 1 Caretaker.
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    17+k rounds...nothing.
    By far the most unfair minigame within STT. I only play gauntlet when i can stomach some frustration, the reward system just -insert naughty Word here- o:)
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose I should provide some additional info.

I've been playing since early August 2017, and I am nearly at 20k rounds (about 300 to go)

0 Locutus
    4 Guinan (first one near my 2400th round)
    4 Caretaker (all between early October and now)
  • Options
    Literally just got my second star today, hurrah!
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Big ol' zero, but that's fine - if it weren't a pilot and setting up the series I'd consider 'Caretaker' pretty forgettable (seriously, my mental image of Banjo Man is actually Boothby, just because my brain can't be bothered remembering him and substitutes the first 'random old dude in Star Trek' that comes to mind). If it were the space jellyfish version that'd at least have novelty going for it, but Banjo Man's just nothing to me - if I'd got him I wouldn't quite airlock him out of spite, but I've got quite a crowd of unlevelled 1/5s sitting around, and if I did have him and crew space became an issue, he'd be out in space so fast Dario Argento would feel it. Even, if I had him, ahead of 23rd Century Martok, because even if he does look ridiculous, he's still Martok.

Armus though, I'm keen on.

That still sounds spiteful, unless you don't care about voyages at all.

- Currently in Top 10 voyage crew

- Even at 1/5 will have a better ENG score than any 4/4 out there, and a voyage score up there with the best 4/4s.

- The ENG Skill gap may have been filled quite a bit this last year, but the gauntlet skill gap is still very real.
    Pol wrote: »
    17+k rounds...nothing.
    By far the most unfair minigame within STT. I only play gauntlet when i can stomach some frustration, the reward system just -insert naughty Word here- o:)

THE MOST frustrating mechanic in the game period... especially since the luck involved seems terrible. I got my caretaker on a very low streak, ironically just after deciding to only use Gauntlet as a source of merits (I had just spent the last week or so going all out for top 3, and getting there, only to open boxes full of disappointment.)

Here's my idea for a mechanic to help everyone out:

- Once a month, have a few days (or maybe two sets out of each week? or just one week a month? kinda spitballing here) where it is a 'rerun' gauntlet crew as the reward.

- Top places in these events have boxes tweaked to have less-stupid reward chances for the crew.

- Or hell, have it be 2 sets a month, and 1st place gets the crew. Call it 'Q's Royal Rumble' as a special thing.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNGesus, help a brother out, I just pulled out a miracle 6-win streak in this final Gauntlet despite not having much in the way of bonus traits, and surged all the way up from 85th to 26th place. Please, just one time?!
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    ByloBand wrote: »
    RNGesus, help a brother out, I just pulled out a miracle 6-win streak in this final Gauntlet despite not having much in the way of bonus traits, and surged all the way up from 85th to 26th place. Please, just one time?!

I'll join you in this prayer :D
  • Options
    Gauntlet crew is fake news. No such thing. Like the Easter bunny and friendly fire.
  • Options
    I've been playing the game about 8 months and Gauntlet around 4, so I don't have the original Gauntlet crew. But I received 1 Caretaker about a month ago. Thank goodness for that and the luck of drawing Gangster Spock from a pack about the same time. Now I'm actually competitive in Gauntlet. Just finished 1st in one last week. I've fought about 2500 rounds I think and probably was around 2000 when I got Caretaker. Interestingly, 2 other people in my (mostly inactive) fleet got him within 24 hours, we were talking how amazing that was as none of us expected it. Two of us got him as one-offs, with no streak at all. Kind of a strange coincidence but I guess that is random numbers for you at times.
  • Options
    Just had my second Caretaker drop!

On a 3-streak no less!
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Zero! Played most days since he began and even though I didn't get Guinan I thought for sure this time...
  • Options
    Never gotten even one. Zero.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I literally got an additional copy right after clicking on this poll.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    10,000 rounds
    0 Locs
    3 G's
    1 Caretaker
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    20.000+ rounds
    0 locutus (but 1 from the achievement)
    4 Guinan
    8 Caretaker
  • Options
    Em CamEm Cam ✭✭✭
    12641 rounds of Gauntlet, with only 1st place unachieved, several cases of 30+ win streaks, I have got:
    Locutus: 0
    Guinan: 0
    Caretaker: 0

Loads and loads and loads of training, that's what I've got.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    3534 rounds
    0 locutus
    0 Guinan
    2 Caretakers

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet