Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Home for the Holidays - 12/06 (Mega-Event Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chakotay does have the hunter trait. That seems to come up a bit in voyages and his combined SEC&COM might make it on an odd voyage.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some 4* pilots that will not be coming out of the fridge. Fencing Sulu is terrible.

Same, I'm concentrating on the ones with SCI/ENG/MED.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB...you could have gotten me to chase the top threshold reward and instead made Chakotay a ranked reward. 25k and out, on account of those and the safe assumption that there will be a mob of people chasing an excellent voyage crew as the 5* ranked reward.

Same here. I'm also still rebuilding my chroniton store from going HAM for Weyoun 5.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Looking at the art it looks that someone in DB is trolling and has a sense of humor
    - Etanol Jol is a prostitute, she looks naked under those sheets and is in seductive pose

Plus, she has a "meow" on her forehead.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mission costs for this event are higher on average than usual.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same set of items it always is. They don't use the exact same recipes each time, but they pick from a broader set. All of these are common galaxy items.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that new threshold is worth it... Now I understand why people are pissed, usually I would finish threshold in Friday and have a nice good weekend.

Now if you want to clear a new threshold you should spend a lot more time and resources.

Thank you DB, but I am happy with my Quark and having a free weekend.
  • Options
    Already had Quark FF, so this week was Etana Jol aaaand out.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This is the first time I'm not at least going for threshold and out in an event since I've been able to do so.

The community rewards gave me my final Quark, so I'm Etana-and-out. Would've gone to 130k if Quark and Chakotay had been flipped, but I'm not complaining about saving on the resources - instead Chakotay is airlocked and Etana is already maxxed.

I'll try a couple of packs next week for the Sphere-Builder because she's a fantastic card, but if I don't get her it'll hardly be the end of the world.
  • Options
    HaBlack wrote: »
    S31 wrote: »
    I don't think that new threshold is worth it... Now I understand why people are pissed, usually I would finish threshold in Friday and have a nice good weekend.

Now if you want to clear a new threshold you should spend a lot more time and resources.

Thank you DB, but I am happy with my Quark and having a free weekend.

I don't see why are people so burdened with completing threshold. If you want nice weekend, play until you want some specific reward, or your own personal threshold, for example 120k, and be gone.

I don't disagree with your basic premise, but many of us who like this kind of addicting game are drawn by a need for completion. If I decide threshold is what I want, I must get it all. It doesn't matter if I decide I only want the last copy if the crew or if I say I want top 1000, but if I tell myself threshold, I have to get it. I'm ok with that since I know my issues and I can cope, but I understand the issue many seem to be having.

Personally, these changes have so far been beneficial. I like more stuff available. However, with more stuff available, it also means more people who might otherwise not go for it, will go for it and thus more competition. I'll deal with it.
  • Options
    i agree with what has been said above. If Chakotay was threshold and Quark ranked I’d have gone hard to finish Quark. Now, my Quark is done and I doubt I’ll have the time to go hard for top 1k to get 4 Chakotays.

The voyage token would be nice but even the premium pack where I probably won’t get anything isn’t that intriguing.
  • Options
    Boy, what a relief. Tourist Quark was already 1/4 lvl 100 so, with community rewards, I'm done at 40k, Chakotay has to learn to breathe in space, and a surprisingly effective Etana Jol is well on her way to lvl 70 with 2.4k chrons leftover that I'll probably blow in the Skirmish hybrid.

Thanks, DB. This game is surprisingly more relaxing when you set the bar SO high it isn't worth it (double points for making Chakotay flaming-useless).
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a decision tree involved with every event that will determine how far you go:

1) Do I go for a win or top 25 finish? (Most people will answer no here because of the amount of resources needed to be saved or the spending required.)

2) Do I go for top 1000 for the ranked 5*? (This should be a guarantee to clear all thresholds as well.)

3) Do I go for the top 1500/2000 to get the ranked 4*?

4) Do I want to clear all thresholds regardless of rank; if not, what threshold rewards have value for me?

For me, it was pretty easy: I don’t like trying to go for rank in Galaxy events and with the swap of Quark and Chakotay I therefore already gave up on trying to FF Chakotay. Given that I have Quark immortalized and don’t want a second copy, plus more credits/chrons/merits than I need and a healthy stockpile of supply kits, the only threshold rewards that interested me were Etana Jol and the new top-end rewards. After some thought, I decided that the rewards past 25,000 as a whole did not provide enough value to me to be worth grinding for. I went a little past that target due to rare reward turn-ins and am now done for the weekend.

The completionist in me is bummed that DB put the new 4* in the ranked rewards but otherwise I am comfortable with how this event is turning out.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It's the same set of items it always is. They don't use the exact same recipes each time, but they pick from a broader set. All of these are common galaxy items.

I was left with the impression that more 1* ID codes and 0* isolinear rods were being used than in past events. Especially the ID codes...it seemed like every other recipe required one - it really hammered home the need for a ship battle that drops them. Perhaps the next pair of missions based on the Short Treks?
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a mad grind last night and cleared thresholds, without turning in any rare builds. I have just under 700 of them so I should be ok to not invest anymore.

I spent roughly 11k chrons on this event, but I also prefarmed items for next week's galaxy portion.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I did a mad grind last night and cleared thresholds, without turning in any rare builds. I have just under 700 of them so I should be ok to not invest anymore.

I spent roughly 11k chrons on this event, but I also prefarmed items for next week's galaxy portion.

I spent 7000 to clear thresholds because I wanted to use my supply kit and dropped everything. I won't be going for thresholds every week in too many events now because it is just too expensive and too much of a time sink.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

I spent 7000 to clear thresholds because I wanted to use my supply kit and dropped everything. I won't be going for thresholds every week in too many events now because it is just too expensive and too much of a time sink.

I hear you. I'm going full tilt in this mega, then I will likely dial it back and just compete in the events where I like the 5*.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently I am sitting at 165,695 victory, which is whatevs, but the interesting bit of news is that I have yet to cash in ANY of the 274 bonus items I've farmed up so far. At some point point I'm going to just unload a massive bonus item bomb on the leaderboard!
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Currently I am sitting at 165,695 victory, which is whatevs, but the interesting bit of news is that I have yet to cash in ANY of the 274 bonus items I've farmed up so far. At some point point I'm going to just unload a massive bonus item bomb on the leaderboard!

Good on you, but just don't expect it to kill too much. You're doing well though.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Good on you, but just don't expect it to kill too much. You're doing well though.

Update.

obdvwzqdhbr9.jpg

Currently sitting at 1,245 position without using my bonus items.
  • Options

You are not the only one. I just passed 130K VP and have 306 super rares. I've never done better. It helps that I have immortalized Spock and Quark and 2/5 mega 5* and fully equipped 1/4 Chakotay (so far not used). By the time I turn in, I'll pass more than a few people.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not the only one. I just passed 130K VP and have 306 super rares. I've never done better. It helps that I have immortalized Spock and Quark and 2/5 mega 5* and fully equipped 1/4 Chakotay (so far not used). By the time I turn in, I'll pass more than a few people.

Going to bed right now. A moment ago was ranked 967, was at approximately 230,000 victory, and have 363 bonus items yet to turn in! Good luck sir :)
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most I have heard of for turn ins are around 700. I don't have that many, but I've got a few.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most I have heard of for turn ins are around 700. I don't have that many, but I've got a few.

Several folks in my fleet regularly get into the thousands of rare rewards. I've been there a few times myself.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Wow.

I still figure I'm in a good place.