Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Home for the Holidays - 12/06 (Mega-Event Part 1)

Comments

• Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that clearing new threshold wouldn't put me in top 1000 and give me a new legendary that I don't want
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without the Pilot trait, Quark, Chakotay, and the sphere builder will only be usable in their event.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Without the Pilot trait, Quark, Chakotay, and the sphere builder will only be usable in their event.
    Looking at those stats, Spherebuilder will be pretty damn usable going forward, event or not.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    S31 wrote: »
    I hope that clearing new threshold wouldn't put me in top 1000 and give me a new legendary that I don't want

No worries, can t even remember the last galaxy where 350k would have been enough for Top 1000. ;)

Very pleased with Jol‘s status. Sphere Builder has 3rd highest ENG base and interesting artwork, but sadly no rerun value. Still not bad.

Chakotay is ranked reward? So what? In the past it wasn t unusual that this was the case. We just were spoiled the past weeks, that the new crew was threshold.

Galaxy event wise it makes sense, to not give the new crew away for „free“(130k can easily be cleared by almost everyone, just hoard some voyage chrons 2-3 days before). And since Chakotay has only average status, no loss anyway.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »

You can always trash it. And you get extra 3* pulls.

I'm a little disappointed that DB introduces two new ENG primaries and neither has especially strong proficiencies. The Caretaker's gone but his ENG dominance will continue.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually legitimately excited for these crew. Etana pleasantly surprised me by not being a 2-star failure or a CMD/DIP/SEC cliche. Sphere Builder is great stats-wise, and even Chakotay isn't half bad.

[Crafty] and [Saboteur] which Etana has, both show up rather often on ENG slots. [Villain] is a little uncommon on ENG or SCI, but occasionally happens on DIP slots, same with [Undercover Operative].

As for Sphere Builder, [Innovator] occurs very often on ENG and SCI slots. [Cultural Figure] is pretty common on CMD and [Villain] occasionally appears there too. But [Tactician] occurs often on SCI and I'm glad Sphere Builder has it. All of my SCI [Tactician] people are low in SCI or aren't high enough in stars to be worth using in a SCI slot yet. My Maquis Tuvok is at 3 stars and his SCI is still meh, I have many non-[Tactician] people who are better, and Lt. Wesley has SCI + [Tactician] but his SCI is his lowest skill.

So all in all, thanks for not DBing it up DB.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Aww I was hoping to see the Sphere Builder art

czrdpcl3vq0a.png

I like the art, it's pretty cool. :)
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Bought eight packs and all I got were crappy chakotays and quarks. Anyone get a Spock from packs?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Bought a bunch of packs and all I got were crappy chakotays and quarks. Anyone get a Spock from packs?

2 "for the holidays" 10 pulls got me 1 Spock 1 Chipotle and a bunch of dupes.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh I'm surprised it took them this long to throw the new 4* into ranked rewards. It will stop some people from going thresholds and out.
  • Options
    Well, at least it makes it easier for me to get the two Quarks I need to FF him. I’ll have to decide how far I want to push it after that since I don’t think I’ll be able to commit the time for a top 1k finish.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to being 3rd best ENG base, Sphere Builder is now top (ENG and SCI) base (if taken in order), for the occasional cases where that seat shows up. Poor Ahdar's moment in the sun is shortening a bit ...

Looks like she also is the 16th best out of 249 for total Voyage points, or close (my numbers have my bonuses built in).

Very nice daily use card to pursue.

Meanwhile Etana appears to be #19 best voyage points, and top base (ENG and DIP) score, also a very rare seat but nice to have. She does edge out Amelia, Rom Data and the Traveler by a smidge there.

Nice crew DB! (Well, nice stats at least :-) )
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    Just want to thank DB for making this even an easy choice for me, 25k and out as already have Quark FF/FE from the last time, and i am not wasting resources on items I will never need again or just airlock, especially with another Galaxy hybrid next week. Not even missing too much by missing out on sphere builder as Etana Jol isnt too bad an Eng stat and with so few people receiving more than just 1/5 builder........
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB...you could have gotten me to chase the top threshold reward and instead made Chakotay a ranked reward. 25k and out, on account of those and the safe assumption that there will be a mob of people chasing an excellent voyage crew as the 5* ranked reward.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to being 3rd best ENG base, Sphere Builder is now top (ENG and SCI) base (if taken in order), for the occasional cases where that seat shows up. Poor Ahdar's moment in the sun is shortening a bit ...

Looks like she also is the 16th best out of 249 for total Voyage points, or close (my numbers have my bonuses built in).

Meanwhile Etana appears to be #19 best voyage points, and top base (ENG and DIP) score, also a very rare seat but nice to have. She does edge out Amelia, Rom Data and the Traveler by a smidge there.

Problem with sphere builder is that it will never be bonus crew in any other event after next week's which greatly reduces its usability. Not unless it is in a rerun which is highly unlikely. It isnt even like a random klingon or vulcan or romulan that could appear as bonus crew in a future mega event month.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Recurring character and 5* reward are three-skill engineering mains? I’m excited. Don’t mind Etana, although I wish the recurring would have been one with more episodes. Doesn’t need to be main cast; but a recurring character like Q, or Dukat, Lore, somebody like that. Too bad my internet’s been down for five days... Thank goodness this isn’t the faction event.
  • Options

Problem with sphere builder is that it will never be bonus crew in any other event after next week's which greatly reduces its usability. Not unless it is in a rerun which is highly unlikely. It isnt even like a random klingon or vulcan or romulan that could appear as bonus crew in a future mega event month.

Yes, hence "Very nice daily use card to pursue." :-)

"AND" ... there aren't any more event-attractive alternatives higher than her in ENG base stats. Dress Scotty is main crew but for some bizarre reason Scotty has almost never been featured as an event character, so I believe would have qualified for only 0.8% of all past events (excluding any in which DUS specifically was the featured card). Then we drop a couple of hundred points to a fistful of Data's, boxing travesty Tucker, and wondering whether or not Discovery crew as an ensemble will continue to get future event bonuses (Cadet Tilly). And for the admittedly niche pair of ENG-and-SCI, 1527 points (without any skill bonuses) is competitive with 2x-bonused SR crew, so not a bad second string seat filler even at that.

I'm still at a point where if I take my one or two power ENG crew out of service in any of {daily voyages, daily shuttles, galaxy holdbacks}, the other two play modes suffer, so I welcome and will be chasing her. At the end of the day a "top 10% crew" is a "top 10% crew", even if not at the tippy-top of my fuse priority list, because I still need my daily shuttles and voyages to get to where I want to be. Others with more robust crew might not need or want her so much.

That said, I realize there's an invisible #nurseyourangerandresentmentoverrewardchanges buried in the titles of most recent threads, so I shall pursue the matter no further :-)

• Options
    odp6i1qu5kxx.jpg

I thought Halloween was over....Jeepers them are SCARY.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...WHY is Geordi in the threshold? Is it because he has the “pilot” trait? Real missed opportunity here to add a two or three star Quark variant. For shame, DB. FOR SHAME.
  • Options
    Does anyone actually know if the event crew will be [pilot] trait the entire event? Or is it just this week? I’m kinda hoping it’s not, I’d rather the Sphere Builder to be usable more than just next week.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Does anyone actually know if the event crew will be [pilot] trait the entire event? Or is it just this week? I’m kinda hoping it’s not, I’d rather the Sphere Builder to be usable more than just next week.

JazzRiker wrote: »
    Starting on December 6 and running throughout the month, Captains will need their best Pilot crew in order to investigate strange vessels that are appearing on the outskirts of the Quadrant.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeup, get those pilots out
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

JazzRiker wrote: »
    Starting on December 6 and running throughout the month, Captains will need their best Pilot crew in order to investigate strange vessels that are appearing on the outskirts of the Quadrant.

Thanks.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Yeup, get those pilots out

I actually have 4 pilots still frozen. I figure they won't be needed this week with the galaxy event.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some 4* pilots that will not be coming out of the fridge. Fencing Sulu is terrible.
  • Options
    Sidebar: Am I missing something, or are the ranked rewards for Tier 201-350 and Tier 351-650 identical to each other? (not that any of the reward gradation between 25-1000 was ever worth much for those who could get there, but still ...!)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sidebar: Am I missing something, or are the ranked rewards for Tier 201-350 and Tier 351-650 identical to each other? (not that any of the reward gradation between 25-1000 was ever worth much for those who could get there, but still ...!)

Scroll over. They have a different number of purple trainers. Which is a big nothing, of course, but different.
  • Options

Scroll over. They have a different number of purple trainers. Which is a big nothing, of course, but different.

Ah, thanks. Now there’s some motivation right there. :-)