Home The Bridge
Options

Upcoming Festive Mega-Event, "Presents and Futures," Begins December 6!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to echo what was said elsewhere. This mega seems more cohesive than usual. I love also how the titles of the event missions work with seasonal themes. Good job. Also. The crew have been good. The gold crew, in particular, have all been very strong this event. It is my favorite mega so far.

I loved the Borg mega event, too, so can’t say this is my favorite. But it’s definitely up there. I’ve also enjoyed the seasonal themes and the strong crew. One thing that would make it a little better would be to finally right the wrong with Cadet Wesley’s traits. The boy was a pilot.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    I would like to echo what was said elsewhere. This mega seems more cohesive than usual. I love also how the titles of the event missions work with seasonal themes. Good job. Also. The crew have been good. The gold crew, in particular, have all been very strong this event. It is my favorite mega so far.

I'm also down with the format arrangements for this Mega:

Galaxy
    Hybrid Faction/Galaxy
    Hybrid Skirmish/Expedition
    Faction

I like that we only had to slog through 1½ Galaxy Events, and that they're now out of the way. We can spend the rest of 2018 running Voyages and replenishing our chronitons. Skirmishes and Factions are considerably more manageable for a hectic weekend like many of us are likely to have going into Christmas this week and New Year's Eve the following. Expeditions are more demanding than those, but there's a certain flexibility with the tickets.

Faction and Skirmish I excel at. I despise Galaxy with every fabric in my body.

This past event I was able to do well with my shuttle missions. I did so well I ranked top 50ish by the time galaxy started. I barely did Faction, I think I spend 1700-2000 crons and ended up in 185th place. I'm glad I got Archer I like his skill set. I'm hoping Sisko's isn't that great but I do so well on skirmish I may end up under 1000.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Galaxy
    Hybrid Faction/Galaxy
    Faction

I like that we only had to slog through 1½ Galaxy Events, and that they're now out of the way.

I'd much rather have had the Skirmish in-between the Galaxies. With the order we got, those two Galaxies in a row tapped out my reserve of chronitons, whereas putting a Skirmish in the middle would've allowed me to pre-farm some items for the 2nd Galaxy while still not overly depleting my chron reserve.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Galaxy
    Hybrid Faction/Galaxy
    Faction

I like that we only had to slog through 1½ Galaxy Events, and that they're now out of the way.

I'd much rather have had the Skirmish in-between the Galaxies. With the order we got, those two Galaxies in a row tapped out my reserve of chronitons, whereas putting a Skirmish in the middle would've allowed me to pre-farm some items for the 2nd Galaxy while still not overly depleting my chron reserve.

As a pre-farmer, I ended up spending (possibly over-spending!) 2K chrons on this Faction/Hybrid (had to get that Humbled Archer, but over-shot and ended up ~600th as usual), leaving me with only an 8K base to build up for the next Skirmish (11K is possible, but I like to go into 2-day Skirmishes with 12K).

But ever since we got that Mega schedule mail in our inboxes I've been planning and plotting my Chrons spend and character investments to make sure I'm covered for the month. Putting the Skirmish in the middle would have made it easy and straightforward to have lots of chrons in every Event with barely any thought. Doing it this way allowed for more strategy, which I quite like. The schedule provided the possibility of an advantage for those who planned strategically, and that's the kind of gameplay I enjoy.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    people spend that much on skirmish. that makes me sad.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    (redacted)
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO