Home The Bridge
Options

Crew slot sale?

I wanted to hold off asking for this for a while longer but no longer can. Will there be a slot sale soon? All these other offers are untenable for those of us the deals would most benefit like the 4k honor one because we lack slots. Lots of complaints on those as it is exchanging 4k honor for 900, but for those of us without a full bench of purples we could really use it. Problem is, no space. For the last month I have been freezing crew I shouldn't just to add event crew, then repeat on those crew or others for the next event. I passed on buying several cash deals the last month for the same reason. 3k for 5 slots is way too expensive, and even at 50% off it is a bit steep. We need info on this please @Shan and @JazzRiker

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will never announce a deal before it goes live. But I would expect the sale to occur on Friday or Monday.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a purely selfish note ... I could do with more...
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Seems like it was christmas eve or day last year we got it.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    I heard it was Dec 21 last year, so I expect maybe Friday or Saturday. I am down to 3 crew left I can freeze before airlock or sacrificing more cadets. Would love to get extra stars on all my purples but alas voyages have been barren lately.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here was the announcement from last year, Thursday December 21st through Dec 27(later extended to Jan 3).

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2373/happy-holidays-crew-slots-and-dabo-wheel-holiday-sales-extended-edit-12-27-new-end-time#latest

With the current sale ending on Dec 21, I think Dec 21 after the current sale is a reasonable guess, but DB is free to change whatever they want from last year.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've come at the beginning of Mega's too. So my money is on this weekend, or the first week in Feb when the STD mega starts. We'll see. Maybe both? (HAHAHAHAH, I wish!)
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have nothing else to spend dil on. I can't buy packs 'cause I don't have slots, same about using boosts in events, and using it to prolong voyages on the off chance I'll get extra stars doesn't seem smart.

I NEED MORE SLOTS NOW! :smile:
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Thorozar wrote: »
    Problem is, no space. For the last month I have been freezing crew I shouldn't just to add event crew, then repeat on those crew or others for the next event. I passed on buying several cash deals the last month for the same reason. 3k for 5 slots is way too expensive, and even at 50% off it is a bit steep. We need info on this please @Shan and @JazzRiker

Problem is, no space. For the last month I have been freezing crew I shouldn't, just to add event crew...

I've been freezing as well, just to get a new crew for the event. The only problem I have is, I'm having problem Immortalizing half of my crew.

3k for 5 slots is way too expensive

Agreed. I think they should lower it to 1,500 and increase the slots to 10 or 20.
  • Options
    Make the crew restriction tighter. Force people to plan and make decisions instead of just hoarding.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Make the crew restriction tighter. Force people to plan and make decisions instead of just hoarding.

For a lot of players it's not about planning and making decisions anymore. 90% of the cards released go right in cryo. It's about collecting all the cards. And collecting all the cards is difficult when you're limited in how many you can hold before they're FF.

This. There was never all that much strategy involved anyways. It was more frustration and pack purchasing limiter for me and my fleet. Particularly when newer players.
    And as we're a fleet that likes and seeks "noobs" we get to watch this same thing happen to them on an ongoing basis.
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Course the real question remains, If they did eliminate slot restrictions, what would they do about all the people who bought them previously? that might be a problem.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    Course the real question remains, If they did eliminate slot restrictions, what would they do about all the people who bought them previously? that might be a problem.

Which is why it will never happen. The screaming/demands for refunds will stop them from ever making that change.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

They could refund the dilithium used to buy crew slots. They did similar with honor used to fuse voyage only crew. I doubt it'll ever happen though.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

will never happen, their tiny little toothpick mysql server will snap in two
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    I personally would not mind if they did away with slot limitations and I have purchased slots with dil previously. Or at least made them cost less.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    It's almost Christmas. Good time to raise the cap and throw out a few extra Slots........
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hope it hits in an hour or so. Looked at at my roster and out of 130 slots i have 57 1/4s. All are at risk of the airlock as i officially have 0 characters i can FFFE right now.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't usually throw out offers on the weekends. Maybe Monday.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had high hopes for this. I have 11 crew members over the limit. I need a christmas miracle.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I had high hopes for this. I have 11 crew members over the limit. I need a christmas miracle.

George Constanza: It's a Festivus miracle!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »

George Constanza: It's a Festivus miracle!!!!!!!!!!!
    DB and the lack of a slot sale will be remembered during the airing of grievances
  • Options
    GaldranGaldran ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I know so many people that don't buy crew packs...because of lack of crew slots. I never hear someone go "Oh, I needed slots, I just bought more dillithium". Everyone I know, waits until a sale to buy slots with their dillithium. I wonder even factoring in the whales who spend most of their dillithium on events, not crew slots, if they are actually losing money by limiting the amount of crew space, not making money.

I emphasize though, the people that wait for the sales could be the minority, I don't know if its that high, its just a comment from my small sample of people.

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galdran wrote: »
    I know so many people that don't buy crew packs...because of lack of crew slots. I never hear someone go "Oh, I needed slots, I just bought more dillithium". Everyone I know, waits until a sale to buy slots with their dillithium. I wonder even factoring in the whales who spend most of their dillithium on events, not crew slots, if they are actually losing money by limiting the amount of crew space, not making money.
    There has to be a limit, otherwise there is no reason to airlock, to buy citations (unless you are impacient to immortalize, which doesnt give any benefit other than a little extra points in abilities). The problem is that crew space is really expensive. 3k dillithium is way too much, that's why everyone waits for sales. It's the only time the cost is acceptable.

The only other alternative I can think of is allowing to freeze not immortalized crew, and when you unfreeze those, they are always at 1* level 1.
  • Options
    Galdran wrote: »

I emphasize though, the people that wait for the sales could be the minority, I don't know if its that high, its just a comment from my small sample of people.

The thing is, that matches my sample of different people.
    And nobody has ever reported a different response from any sampling of any people.

At this point, either the restriction is some kind of genius that no other man alive has the capacity to comprehend, or is the stubborn plodding of a fool that can't afford to lose face.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone here once pointed out that some of the game mechanics like Dabo and the gauntlet rewards keep track of your inventory and open crew, so the more crew slots, the more strain on servers. Similarly, the more items you have, the more strain. Also, having more crew slots gives an advantage in expedition and faction events, so people will pay for them.

But they are too expensive, in my opinion.

I've been saving. I have 7500 dilithium waiting for a crew slot sale.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately Dabo has been keeping tack of voge crew that have not returned and offering me another purple copy. Unfortunately they are usually immortals so a wasted effort, assuming I ever win top row again.
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Please Santa DB, start the slot sale in 1 hour...