Home The Bridge
Options

Upcoming Mega-Event Tease!

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discovery mega event is predictable, and I understand why they want to tie-in with Discovery as much as possible.

But to say Discovery is divisive in its reception by Trek fans is probably a massive understatement. I think it’s an abomination that should never have been made, personally.

While in general I do think it’s important for Mega Events to stay on theme, and am still way more than a little angry over how the Romulan/Vulcan Mega Event was handled, I have to hope that this Mega event offers something more interesting and engaging than just a bombardment of Discovery content, because frankly, that’d be equivalent to a month of being bombarded with reasons to stop putting up with the game entirely and quit.

Game has plenty of problems without being spammed by characters I don’t have interest in.

What specifically in each episode did you hate as you watched Season One?
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I do not think it will be Kol. He did not remake the klingon empire in his image. He just liked killing. I think it will be someone new to season 2 discovery. Very likely a storyline we will see in season 2 with a new klingon causing problems and trying to overthrow chancellor L'Rell. Maybe it will be Tyler/Voq, or a Duras, or a Mogh. Hope DB does not go hard on the Klingons, we have so many already and we already had T'kuvma and Kortar as event month legendaries.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discovery mega event is predictable, and I understand why they want to tie-in with Discovery as much as possible.

But to say Discovery is divisive in its reception by Trek fans is probably a massive understatement. I think it’s an abomination that should never have been made, personally.

While in general I do think it’s important for Mega Events to stay on theme, and am still way more than a little angry over how the Romulan/Vulcan Mega Event was handled, I have to hope that this Mega event offers something more interesting and engaging than just a bombardment of Discovery content, because frankly, that’d be equivalent to a month of being bombarded with reasons to stop putting up with the game entirely and quit.

Game has plenty of problems without being spammed by characters I don’t have interest in.

They've been pretty good about mixing things up so it isn't purely one show of late.

That said, like it or not, Discovery is Trek, and you better believe DB will be cashing in.

jczcwrigv1jv.png

• Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, I hope that this mega event character is two skill because I will have a one month break from playing!!!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kol, really? Bah, poor choice.

kol-on-the-bridge-star-trek-discovery-s1e9.jpg

Head is the wrong shape. Try this guy.

Skills, Security, Diplomacy, possibly a bit of Tech.

Star-Trek-Discovery-115-016-1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqAQahfM9Q0
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

The description flat out states that it's a Klingon.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus the shape of the shoulder armour is spot on.

I guess he's Kor's dad, so that's something.
  • Options

Plot twist. He is actually the second "product" of the House of Mo'Kai.........
  • Options
    veXveX ✭✭
    Not excited at all...
  • Options

We already have Leyland in the game (that Section 31 guy).

Bet you $50 we'll have Section 31 Georgiou in the next month.
  • Options
    veX wrote: »
    Not excited at all...

I'll wait until the Briefing tomorrow to light the pitchforks and sharpen the torches.

They can still keep my interest, if they do it right.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Hope it is a new klingon if a Klingon.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Doctor 8472Doctor 8472 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Kol... really not my favourite, hope he has at least decent stats, not like the other space orc mega character we had.
    But looking into the past, it will probably be CMD and SEC again. Although honestly, from the Kor in the series, maybe DIP should be his best skill. His most successful action was to convince Voq's people to join him. That is convincing people that are not under his command to do something he wants without using force -> DIP.
    Personally (for my crew), I would like him to be SEC, DIP and CMD (in this order)... but only because I really don't see how he could have SCI, ENG or MED.
    What specifically in each episode did you hate as you watched Season One?
    Only one thing per episode? Ok so just a small sample:
    Ep 1: Burnham supposedly was raised by Vulcans, but all of her actions in this episode are without any logic and full of contradictions, also she is presented extremly unlikeable here.

Ep2: T'Kuvma mentions a big battle space orcs fought with Starfleet; his whole motivation is based on how Starfleets influence on the space orcs developed in the last time. Nevertheless, all Starfleet personal thinks, the Federation did not have any encounter/contact with the space orcs for 100 years (also see ep 1). Also, the space orcs recently (less than 100 years!?) killed Burnhams parents and bombed Doctary Alpha.

Ep 3: Burnham charges Lorca to illegaly experiment with bioweapons, nevertheless immediately follows his invitation to go into what she thinks is the bioweapons experiment chamber.

Ep 4: The sarcophagus ship has the most advanced war technology (cloaking device), nevertheless no one (Starfleet and Space Orcs) cares for six months for the ship sitting defenseless at the site of the battlefield, from which eg starfleet has rescued all the crew from derelict ships.

Ep 5: All characters seem to know what the audience know; in this episode eg L'Rell knows from the beginning that the Discovery appeared from thin air(/vacuum) at Corvan, although all space orc ships have been destroyed there; also: L'Rell risks her life by standing in the way at the escape, although she should know, that the escape was her plan (only the audience does not know that at the time).

Ep 6: Again, only the bad guys (here vulcan terrorist) state their intends. Sadly, the "good guys" in Discovery never state their motivation, they just want to "win" against the bad guys, making them (the "good guys") look like fascists.

Ep 7: A bad remake of a good idea. It does not make any sense to make Burnham the protagonist of the episode; Stamets is the one that has the abilities; also Tylers "information" is pretty useless and is not used. How the device works, is not at all clear or consistent.

Ep 8: How should the range of a transmitter help to see ships light years away, if the ship cannot be seen even if you are in its direct proximity?

Ep 9: At the end: There is a medical emergency. The discovery nevertheless waits without any reason for hours at the site of the battle with the space orcs (ignoring the danger of encountering space orcs), instead uses a slow shuttle for the emergency. Only AFTER the shuttle arrived at the starbase, Lorca suggests to Stamets to make a jump to the starbase, although he probably risks his life with that, stating the danger of encountering space orcs otherwise; even worse: Stamets falls for that. Worst handled transition to another story chapter ever!

And so on and so forth... overall there is basically only about 30 seconds of Star Trek (from episode 15) in that season.

However, I think, episode 1 of season 2 was better.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    A space orc...hmph. He better have pretty awesome stats, or my next citation is going to someone useful like Delta Flyer Paris.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I like the new look of Klingons, a lot more alien, less low-budget plasticky leather goofy, and less silly space vikings. That said, they don't look great bald. I'm glad S2 they've gone ahead with giving them hair again.

As for Kol, if that's who it is then I'm fine with it. At least he had more appearances than Kortar, Minuet, and Etana Jol combined. Discovery hasn't given us a whole lot of unique characters so far and the ones who I think would be better choices (Scruff Mirror Lorca) are more likely to be in packs (for perfectly defensible $ reasons).

Besides, I'm more interested to see who are the other new crew. The last mega event had Etana Jol, fine, but then gave us the Sphere Builder and High Roller Sisko, both of whom I was a lot more excited to get.
  • Options
    I like the idea of a section 31 person. If Tyler can be a klingon why not a section 31 person?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    With an apparently bug-free Phase 1 [GASP], I suppose Kol-Gate will have to do for forum entertainment this week...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... or at least until Saturday at noon.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    Arne Darvin. enough said.
  • Options
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Arne Darvin. enough said.

Y'know, I would totally go for a non-canon Darvin as a Disco-style Klingon, full makeup and warrior armour and the whole deal, posing heroically with a tribble in his hand.

Eating a Tribble........
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be the longest Mega
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    This is going to be the longest Mega

Most likely four weeks. Isn't that what they have always been so far?
  • Options

You owe it to yourself to try out Season 2 of Discovery. Season 1 had some issues but Season 2 has been phenomenal so far. Johnathon Frakes directed episode 2 and did a masterful job. It was a great episode that was very much like a tos or tng episode. I guarantee you would like it if you watched it and gave it another chance.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not a Klingon it's a klinGoT

This guy said so
    mvqa32cz6s72.jpg

but I think he meant...
    KlingLotR

Uncle Bobby!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a more serious note this does give a bit of a headache preparing do I level up Klingons or Discovery cast crew.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a more serious note this does give a bit of a headache preparing do I level up Klingons or Discovery cast crew.

I run the same cadet mission every Tuesday and Thursday to load up on 0* gagh...we’ll see if it is enough. :/
  • Options

I run the same cadet mission every Tuesday and Thursday to load up on 0* gagh...we’ll see if it is enough. :/

Which ones {Tuesday and Thursday are different challenges} have Gagh?