Home The Bridge
Options

REALITY CHECK- Campaigns- Let's talk dollars and cents.

124»

Comments

• Options
    Maybe someone mentioned this already.....For me, tying the monthly card to this is a non-starter UNLESS the daily dil also stacks along with with the tier rewards. Buy on day 1 and claim 100 dil and rewards everyday. Buy on day 15 and claim all dil based on login history (up to 1500) along with earned rewards immediately then claim 100/day until the end.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone mentioned this already.....For me, tying the monthly card to this is a non-starter UNLESS the daily dil also stacks along with with the tier rewards. Buy on day 1 and claim 100 dil and rewards everyday. Buy on day 15 and claim all dil based on login history (up to 1500) along with earned rewards immediately then claim 100/day until the end.

They would have separate pricing structures on top of a potential 2 for 1 version. You buy the monthly dilithium card and then buy the campaign card whenever you want if you like the prizes. They would give you all the campaign rewards for the month but they would never give the dilithium retroactively.

The one difficultly I can think of is getting everything lined up. Somewhere I read it will likely be longer than a week, possibly monthly. This means going live April 1st and lining up with the daily rewards. Dilithium cards are 30 days if I recall correctly, and they are not variable like the daily rewards. Most people don't have their monthly card line up with the daily rewards so we would have to skip some days, even weeks to line up. This makes me think that pricing will likely be separate for the two.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will really come down to the price and rewards. I enjoyed doing the dailies and getting extra things for it. Going higher and higher lvl. It was fun.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It will really come down to the price and rewards. I enjoyed doing the dailies and getting extra things for it. Going higher and higher lvl. It was fun.

I enjoyed it too. Hope I'm not priced out in the regular feature.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    Raise the monthly card to 9.99 usd and include the premium campaign track for 30 days.

That is my hot take as a marketing guy with only cursory data available to me. I reserve the right to be horribly wrong :)

I like this idea and suggest you could have two monthly card types, ie standard which we have now and premium which covers campaigns as well.

Co-signed. . . .

30-Day Card #1: 100 Dilithium per day for $4
    30-Day Card #2: 1 10x Event Pack per event (not horde-able) for $4
    30-Day Card #3: Premium Campaign Tier unlocked for $4
    Super Card: All of the Above for $10

The whole reason why the 30-day Dilithium card is available (despite throwing all DB's usual valuation for DIL out the window) is because DB uses it to lure you into paying them for the obligation of logging in daily. Us logging in and engaging is worth as much as (or more than) the $4, because of whatever percentage of those $4 spenders are converted into bigger spenders by the engagement.

I am very definitely down with both of these ideas too!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bid two bits!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Needs to be a monthly card for the same price and I might be interested, depending on if I want that character cards or not.

What would be really good is an occasional extra shuttle for those of us on 3 or perhaps an extra 5 crew slots instead of the Legendary card.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs to be a monthly card for the same price and I might be interested, depending on if I want that character cards or not.

What would be really good is an occasional extra shuttle for those of us on 3 or perhaps an extra 5 crew slots instead of the Legendary card.

I don’t need either of those. Even if I did that would not encourage me to buy the premium tier and certainly wouldn’t encourage me to do all the dailies for a month

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I don’t need either of those. Even if I did that would not encourage me to buy the premium tier and certainly wouldn’t encourage me to do all the dailies for a month

That's fair enough, but to have it dish out a Legendary every month without some way of keeping them is a bit tight. I've frozen every single one of my 1,2 and 3 star characters and always still have a full roster as I've only got 125 crew slots. That means crew I have been working on for weeks either get airlocked if I haven't levelled them fully or the new crew go straight into recycling. The latter is what normally happens. I've canned legendaries because I know I will never level them up. Crew slots are hideously expensive so a non investment desire there.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

That's fair enough, but to have it dish out a Legendary every month without some way of keeping them is a bit tight. I've frozen every single one of my 1,2 and 3 star characters and always still have a full roster as I've only got 125 crew slots. That means crew I have been working on for weeks either get airlocked if I haven't levelled them fully or the new crew go straight into recycling. The latter is what normally happens. I've canned legendaries because I know I will never level them up. Crew slots are hideously expensive so a non investment desire there.

I will totally agree that crew slots are ridiculously overpriced

• Options
    There have been alot of good suggestions, ideas, and thoughts here. I think that by now DB has probably already decided what they are going to charge.
    Crew slots are overpriced. Forcing another 2 cards a month without a slot compensation may very well cause ppl to airlock. I had suggested a cite instead of crew.
    In the beginning of this thread i think some of the suggested prices were high bcuz everyone didnt understand that a portion of this new system would be avail for free to everyone. As people began to understand and research the “willing to pay ?$” went down again and again.
    A monthly di card is roughly $4.00. Di is the most coveted currency resource. The paid portion of campaigns is not likely to be valued by players the same as 100 di a day on a monthly card.
    The most likely ppl to invest in this are ppl already buying a di card and already clearing the daily missions. Some ppl may be encouraged to complete dailies for the free portion but i doubt those ppl will buy a card.
    I still suggest the option of a cite instead of crew, and encourage the addition of a combo di/campaign card at $6.00 would probably be more appealing overall to those more likely to spend $$$.
  • Options
    {H} Smelly wrote: »
    I think the vast majority of us agree that DB way overvalues legendary characters, so I'm guessing none of us are going to be surprised if the price for the premium campaign rewards are beyond what most of us find reasonable.

So hypothetically, for the sake of this discussion, let's assume the first legendary they actually offer for money is YOUR most desirable legendary in the game. What would YOU be willing to pay for it?

Personally, while I think the other premium rewards are a nice bonus, I can't say that I'd actually buy them on their own for any price. So for me, I'd be basing my purchasing decision solely on the value of the legendary. That said, I'd go as high as $20 for Killy, but beyond that, what I'd be willing to pay for other characters would drop to zero pretty fast. So I'm curious what your thoughts are?

£3.99
  • Options
    Monthly card 3.99 makes it something i'd actually buy.