Key information about the event: Shore Leave (rerun) - 03/28

Comments

• Options
    Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    Survivalist Kirk us about the best bet for Sci bonus crew
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but only people who bought him or were lucky to get him in that big non event pack have him. He was not in an event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but only people who bought him or were lucky to get him in that big non event pack have him. He was not in an event.

This makes me that much more thankful for the special offer last week.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    He helps, but I'm still going deep into my bench just to win midlevel shuttles.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I’m at the 4K shuttles already but to echo what has been said, this is brutal. I may have enough time and boosts to get 400k but not sure my crew is going to be strong enough. I sent two out in the 60% range already.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, so people who buy things and keep STT alive for everyone have certain advantages in events etc. That is truly truly shocking, what an evil concept ;)

• Options
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    So I’m at the 4K shuttles already but to echo what has been said, this is brutal. I may have enough time and boosts to get 400k but not sure my crew is going to be strong enough. I sent two out in the 60% range already.

I know the feeling. I got a 4th shuttle before this event and have been leveling up some of the event crew. I even managed to get Tucker from the previous event (first I ranked high enough for that) It just seems I have to boost most of the shuttles to keep them getting into icky success rates and barely getting any room to use time reduction boosts.

I've accepted that I don't have the crew to get high enough to get Paris this time, however I would like to see if I can hit 400k
  • Options

One of the things that I forgot about the 10-mission events is that there are a lot of chances to have tough skill matchups. Such as the Augment mission where there can be up to five engineers when there are, what, three or four 4*/5* bonus crew with that skill (I filled it with bonus and non-bonus engineers and used one of my many 5* skill boosts to pump it up to 85%).

This event was supposed to sort of be a week off for veteran players and it’s probably only the veterans who aren’t getting terrible success percentages...that’s not going to help the mid-level players trying to get stars on Romulan Kirk.
  • Options
    I hope this strategy doesn't come back to bite me, however I will open multiple shuttle missions and shop around I find some not as demanding ones. 2 man shuttles get a score boost or time reduction, 4 man shuttles get some boost to ensure high success.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the things that I forgot about the 10-mission events is that there are a lot of chances to have tough skill matchups. Such as the Augment mission where there can be up to five engineers when there are, what, three or four 4*/5* bonus crew with that skill (I filled it with bonus and non-bonus engineers and used one of my many 5* skill boosts to pump it up to 85%).

This event was supposed to sort of be a week off for veteran players and it’s probably only the veterans who aren’t getting terrible success percentages...that’s not going to help the mid-level players trying to get stars on Romulan Kirk.

Yeah some of the augment missions are rough. I have what I consider to be a relatively decent bench for this event with FFFE of: Mirror Tucker, Romulan Kirk, Incognito Kirk, Mirror Garak, Evil Kirk, and Augment Riker soon to follow. I have Mintakan Riker 2/5 and Mirror Kirk, Tucker on the Ropes, Admiral Kirk and Rura Penthe Kirk at 1/5. I also have EV Suit Tucker and Angel One Riker T 3/4.

I’m going to have to send the D crew out on a voyage tomorrow and keep all my 5/5s in reserve and any strong purples handy.
  • Options
    Percentages seem low. Shuttles with all event crew are not having great success. Though part of the problem is that these super rare bonus crew even at full stars are often 600-750 range instead of 800-900 range you migt see with newer crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this strategy doesn't come back to bite me, however I will open multiple shuttle missions and shop around I find some not as demanding ones. 2 man shuttles get a score boost or time reduction, 4 man shuttles get some boost to ensure high success.

You should always cherry pick the shuttles, don’t send any 5 seaters if you don’t have to.
  • Options
    Dont send any four seaters either. But yes I am only doing two two seaters and the other two three seaters.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally I agree with the "send fewer seat shuttles" argument. But by quirk of fate (ok, actually quick selection based on lack of time at work to figure out my optimal plan), I've been repeatedly sending a 5-seater (Augment, Play Ball). It has 4 SEC seats, so the skill boost it gets is quite nice (in my case, from 85% to 92% w/ a 3* boost). Just sayin'.
  • Options
    Normally I agree with the "send fewer seat shuttles" argument. But by quirk of fate (ok, actually quick selection based on lack of time at work to figure out my optimal plan), I've been repeatedly sending a 5-seater (Augment, Play Ball). It has 4 SEC seats, so the skill boost it gets is quite nice (in my case, from 85% to 92% w/ a 3* boost). Just sayin'.
    Whatever works. Best shuttle missions are the ones you can boost everyone with a stat boost. So many shuttles require diplomacy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    The shuttle % are pretty rough though, tougher than most events. The difficulty seems cranked up a bit.

I’ve noticed that too. And I have quite a bit of immortalized bonus crew. They just aren’t paying off like usual.
  • Options
    I think db wants to sell more shuttle boosts. There was no need when blue rare boosts are abundant and work well. But if DB increased the difficulty on shuttle missions then those purple boosts and the $9.99 pack for them is more appealing to some people.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW I don't think the difficulty level was increased, the numbers match the wiki formula at an assumed difficulty level of 2000. Just really painful seats vs thin crew.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty hasn't increased. But there aren't as many bonus crew, and a lot of the bonus crew have weaker stats. So people are loading shuttles with weak bonus crew and seeing lower success rates and complaining that the shuttles are harder.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The difficulty hasn't increased. But there aren't as many bonus crew, and a lot of the bonus crew have weaker stats. So people are loading shuttles with weak bonus crew and seeing lower success rates and complaining that the shuttles are harder.

This. You can’t time-boost a shuttle and still get over an 80-85% success rate each time, which slows down the VP accumulation rate by slower turnaround times or an increased number of failures.

I’ve been fortunate thus far and have only failed once with success rates hovering largely between 80 and 90%. Perhaps one in three shuttles get a 3* time boost, while most of the rest get 3* skill boosts and a few take 4*/5* skill boosts (not counting my overnight shuttles with long reward boosts). I’m at 1402 right now and usually don’t end up this high at this point...
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I've only failed the extra shuttles I send out, but I notice the percentages are lower than usual. 🤷
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    My lowest shuttle (with boost) is showing 89% success rate, yet my actual success rate seems to be under 75%. I'm also matching skills in the order shown. Either something is wonky or I'm having an extremely unlucky streak. I'm consistently failing at least 1 out of every 4 shuttles. Last round I failed 2.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I matched up the best missions to match my crew, with the help of an abundance of boosts, I am able to craft >90% on 4 shuttles, I probably could do a 5th, but I only have 10 rentals left in inventory.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to get to 400k, but only because I got Garak out of a behold before the event started. I'm using every boost I have though, and still haven't hit 300k. DB, I will never do this again. It's too much work.
  • Options
    I'm trying to get to 400k, but only because I got Garak out of a behold before the event started. I'm using every boost I have though, and still haven't hit 300k. DB, I will never do this again. It's too much work.
    How many shuttles do you have? Also, if you have spare credits you can buy boost packs for credits. Buy enough and you can get some good blue, purple and gold boosts.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't hit 300K yet, either, but am still top 500. You'll get there. We still have close to 39 hours.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many shuttles do you have? Also, if you have spare credits you can buy boost packs for credits. Buy enough and you can get some good blue, purple and gold boosts.

I've got 4. Meant that I'm using all my time boosts.
  • Options
    Yeah I hear you. 400k is a lot.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

I liked it better when there were less thresholds 😖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options

I liked it better when there were less thresholds 😖

I dont mind the thresholds. Wouldnt mind them extending even further. I just would put the legendary lower. If DB didnt like 100,000 then maybe 200,000 or 300,000. Maybe try different amounts. You got to balance people trying and spending vs. people giving up and find the right balance.
    Let’s fly!