Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Shore Leave (rerun) - 03/28

Comments

• Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do love me some Garak, so it looks like I’ll be using the doublers and time reducers I’ve been hoarding to get to 400k.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if we get Penguin Garak as the Monday offer. It would give me more incentive to get to 400k vp to add a star, instead of another 1/5 in my collection. 🤷
  • Options
    General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    MV5BNzk5NjUxNzg4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTA5NTU2MjE@._V1_.jpg

Wondering if Paris will look something like this.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also "Month of Hell" doesn't necessarily mean it will be based on the Year Of Hell episode specifically. It could just be 4 weeks of all Neelix variants. That would truly be hell

Except the survey they did directly stated the option was inspired by voyager's 2 part episode
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    One character from that two part episode a month event does not make.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It could be a time-travel mega event, with the Red Angel as the recurring legendary and new character versions from different Star Trek shows.
  • Options
    It could be a time-travel mega event, with the Red Angel as the recurring legendary and new character versions from different Star Trek shows.
    k7ian1k39lgj.jpg

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Again romulan kirk...like jadzia 1701, those characters are given over and over again. What is the point? There are numerous other characters which didn't saw an event ever!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they keep Augment Riker in Thresholds, if only because I have him at 1* and would like to finish him.
  • Options
    Dingbat1Dingbat1 ✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    I'm hoping they keep Augment Riker in Thresholds, if only because I have him at 1* and would like to finish him.

I hope so too,because I've finished him, but have recently airlocked eyeshadow kirk twice in the past two months, and would much rather get him 4/4 out of the box
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    k7ian1k39lgj.jpg

I'm so mad at Discovery right now. Hey, we've got this Red Angel, appearing all over the quadrant, super advanced future technology, limitless abilities! Oh, no, actually Section 31 whipped it up decades ago from spare parts. Abandoned project, time crystals, no big deal. What a crock of sh...
  • Options
    k7ian1k39lgj.jpg

I'm so mad at Discovery right now. Hey, we've got this Red Angel, appearing all over the quadrant, super advanced future technology, limitless abilities! Oh, no, actually Section 31 whipped it up decades ago from spare parts. Abandoned project, time crystals, no big deal. What a crock of sh...

Agreed wholeheartedly. The last episode made no sense. But with any show mysteries are always better than the answers to the mysteries. Each episode that continues a mystery adds more and more to the lore of the mystery such that nothing can possibly completely explain the mystery or make much logical sense.
    It felt to me that they wanted the Red Angel to be some sort of temporal agent from the future like Daniels in Enterprise but after much of the shows and plots had been done they made a last minute change feeling that people did not want another temporal cold war after the Enterprise cold war plot was just abandoned.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    k7ian1k39lgj.jpg

Agreed wholeheartedly. The last episode made no sense. But with any show mysteries are always better than the answers to the mysteries. Each episode that continues a mystery adds more and more to the lore of the mystery such that nothing can possibly completely explain the mystery or make much logical sense.
    It felt to me that they wanted the Red Angel to be some sort of temporal agent from the future like Daniels in Enterprise but after much of the shows and plots had been done they made a last minute change feeling that people did not want another temporal cold war after the Enterprise cold war plot was just abandoned.

My biggest problem with Enterprise was that they recycled plots from the earlier shows, but in this case they also happened to be ret-conning history with advanced technology or aliens (which would be conveniently forgotten). Which I don't necessarily have a problem with if it's done well. 1966 couldn't have imagined we'd have touch screens and iPhones already by 2019 that do what ours can, and I'm sure in 50 years the vision of the future will be even more different. I was more turned off by the lack of originality. Actually, I thought they were starting to solve that problem in the 3rd and 4th seasons, until boom, canceled. But...
    To that end, the whole "rogue AI" storyline this season was a good one! Sure, it's been done to death in Sci-Fi, but not in Star Trek. In fact, last season I noticed that Star Trek Discovery's computer interaction almost let the computer show preferences and opinions, sort of a "personality," which was very original. So when they pursued this story, I was enthralled. The Airiam plot was great, if rushed. But suddenly no, it's all about effing Burnham again, and of course my original argument about the Red Angel suit. Ugh.

This season also did that with the Mycelial network. "A pathway connecting the universe, like nerves in a human body!" Oh, actually no, it's just a field where a bunch of little creatures live, and we can somehow breathe there. No big deal."
  • Options
    k7ian1k39lgj.jpg

My biggest problem with Enterprise was that they recycled plots from the earlier shows, but in this case they also happened to be ret-conning history with advanced technology or aliens (which would be conveniently forgotten). Which I don't necessarily have a problem with if it's done well. 1966 couldn't have imagined we'd have touch screens and iPhones already by 2019 that do what ours can, and I'm sure in 50 years the vision of the future will be even more different. I was more turned off by the lack of originality. Actually, I thought they were starting to solve that problem in the 3rd and 4th seasons, until boom, canceled. But...
    To that end, the whole "rogue AI" storyline this season was a good one! Sure, it's been done to death in Sci-Fi, but not in Star Trek. In fact, last season I noticed that Star Trek Discovery's computer interaction almost let the computer show preferences and opinions, sort of a "personality," which was very original. So when they pursued this story, I was enthralled. The Airiam plot was great, if rushed. But suddenly no, it's all about effing Burnham again, and of course my original argument about the Red Angel suit. Ugh.

This season also did that with the Mycelial network. "A pathway connecting the universe, like nerves in a human body!" Oh, actually no, it's just a field where a bunch of little creatures live, and we can somehow breathe there. No big deal."

Yes again we are in agreement.
    It is poor to tie everything to just one character whoever that character is. It makes everyone else on the ship superfluous. Like that obnoxious cbs show the Mentalist where the main character solved everything while everyone else was just dumb and not doing anything. I would not have tied the mystery to Burnham. She is already the main character and her family is all over the series. I would have made the Red Angel Dr. Culber as he is likely leaving the show and he is made of spores that could give him powerful ablities. I do not see how an old suit could do all the things Red Angel did to save the Kelpiens and all the other things it did
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    k7ian1k39lgj.jpg

It is poor to tie everything to just one character whoever that character is. It makes everyone else on the ship superfluous. Like that obnoxious cbs show the Mentalist where the main character solved everything while everyone else was just dumb and not doing anything. I would not have tied the mystery to Burnham. She is already the main character and her family is all over the series. I would have made the Red Angel Dr. Culber as he is likely leaving the show and he is made of spores that could give him powerful ablities. I do not see how an old suit could do all the things Red Angel did to save the Kelpiens and all the other things it did

I've gotten in trouble for saying this on here in the past, and I'll probably get railed again, but...
    Star Trek Discovery is different from past Star Trek shows in that, let's face it, there's a lot of "Space Magic" going on. Every time they try to include real physics, it backfires on them. Previous Star Trek shows were technobabble nonsense, OF COURSE, but they TRIED to ground it in some sort of realistic concept. Time crystals might as well be Star Wars level Kyber Crystals. Saru's people are two steps removed from using The Force. Kidding, but sorta not.

This Red Angel suit was basically the future equivalent of the God Mode cheat in a video game. I mean think about it. A self-contained STARSHIP that travels through space, enters atmosphere, can transport LARGE groups of people instantly from Earth to the BETA quadrant, and can apparently revive Burnham from death. It's a magic suit. And now we're led to believe that 22nd century Section 31 just whipped it up and abandoned the project because, I assume, they had much better things going on. EDIT: Yes, I realize the two main architects of the suit, Burnham's parents, died. But it's not feasible to imagine such a project would be abandoned if it was so powerful. Especially not by Section 31, victory at all costs.
  • Options
    So guessing mega is starting next week :D
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    k7ian1k39lgj.jpg

I've gotten in trouble for saying this on here in the past, and I'll probably get railed again, but...
    Star Trek Discovery is different from past Star Trek shows in that, let's face it, there's a lot of "Space Magic" going on. Every time they try to include real physics, it backfires on them. Previous Star Trek shows were technobabble nonsense, OF COURSE, but they TRIED to ground it in some sort of realistic concept. Time crystals might as well be Star Wars level Kyber Crystals. Saru's people are two steps removed from using The Force. Kidding, but sorta not.

This Red Angel suit was basically the future equivalent of the God Mode cheat in a video game. I mean think about it. A self-contained STARSHIP that travels through space, enters atmosphere, can transport LARGE groups of people instantly from Earth to the BETA quadrant, and can apparently revive Burnham from death. It's a magic suit. And now we're led to believe that 22nd century Section 31 just whipped it up and abandoned the project because, I assume, they had much better things going on. EDIT: Yes, I realize the two main architects of the suit, Burnham's parents, died. But it's not feasible to imagine such a project would be abandoned if it was so powerful. Especially not by Section 31, victory at all costs.

Yes agreed. Discovery is not grounded in science as much as the other series.
    The red angel suit feels a lot like the romulan stealth ship in Enterprise. It had super technology way too advanced that was then abandoned and not seen again in future romulan ships which makes no sense. I would try to emulate TNG or DS9 rather than going back to the Enterprise well. I think one problem with this season of Discovery is that they have to introduce more and more Section 31 stuff and make them critical to the season to push the Section 31 series. The writers got a little too caught up in Section 31. This is Discovery not the Section 31 show. Do not make Section 31 the main character. We have only had the first half of the reveal with Red Angel so I am hoping that the further reveal will make more sense. Maybe the Suit just allowed time travel and with that the Red Angel went to the future and got everything else tech-wise from there. It may be that with the deaths of Burnham's parents no one else could make another suit and the time crytstal necessary for further suits was too difficult or rare to obtain so the project was abandoned.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Proont wrote: »
    I'm hoping the opposite, I have Riker immortalized, and Romulan Kirk at 2/4, and already tried and fail to get stars for him at a faction event...

EDIT: I just checked the wiki. Not looking good for me...
  • Options
    Well if you do not get the romulan kirk or augment rikers you want be assured that both drop in voyages and you can get them there.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a link to the Wiki page for the mission profiles from the first run of “Shore Leave”:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Shore_Leave/Faction_Missions
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down for another star on Garak. Thinking I'll share Augment Riker with my squadron rather than Romulan Kirk. There were plenty of ENG slots in the event's first run, and while there were also plenty of DIP, I expect my squadron will be heavier on DIP bonus crew.
  • Options
    Any tips on how to improve my shuttle mission events? I only have 3 and I’m lame at these events.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any tips on how to improve my shuttle mission events? I only have 3 and I’m lame at these events.

Use the ramp-up strategy, and just run as many shuttles as you can. The most important thing I learned was to not be discouraged by the calculated success chances or even by shuttle failures. You can have a wave of 94% successes all fail, and another wave of 6% successes all come through. Just keep sendin' 'em out.
  • Options

And keep getting 4/4 crew in galaxy events and 4/5 crew in month events and lvl them up. The better your crew the better your shuttles and voyages.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭

And keep getting 4/4 crew in galaxy events and 4/5 crew in month events and lvl them up. The better your crew the better your shuttles and voyages.

Collect and keep Shuttle boosts, bank on the 2x Thursday Cadet missions. Save them for events.
    Intentionally Left Blank