Home Engineering Room

Ads no longer available - data gathering thread

Comments

• Ads missing since: End of March approx
    Device: Moto G6+
    Operating system version: Android 9
    Does you still have ads in other games?: I don't play any other mobile games.

• JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Ads missing - PC/Desktop version .. Steam & Facebook variants (unfortunatly as expected, would be great to get it there as well tho)

Now with the expected behind us the following weird one ..
    When swapping out old phone for newer model, after using the apple migration backup/restore functionality to copy the data, both phones are working with the same accounts and apps ( no additional setup was required on the new phone, STT client worked right away )
    However the ads do not seem to be working on the new phone, that do work on the old one ( can still be uded side by side , old phone can adwarp, new cannot)

Ads working
    Device : Iphone 5

Ads missing
    Device : Iphone SE
    Country NL

Ads do appear in the sodoku-app
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ads missing since: 2019-04-03
    Device: Honor 8X
    Ads since yesterday late evening again not working. :(
    Today in the morning (MET) ads all for sudden reappeared on my mobile and work perfectly so far. Fingers crossed that it stays like that this time.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    Ads missing
    Device : Iphone SE
    Country NL

Ads started working this weekend on this device, ad-warp , cadet double-up and dabo-warp all working as expected now.
    AFAIK no updates were done to the device or app .
  • Ads missing since: 2019-05-22
    Device: Pixel XL
    Does you still have ads in other games?: Yes

I was watching an ad and seemed to have unreliable connection with doing things. I tried to restart STT, but couldn't log in. For 11 hours from that point, I couldn't log in to STT or DomiNations, but another game was fine.

I reinstalled DomiNations during this time, which worked fine until I signed into it with Google Play Games, then it couldn't sign in again. After the 11 hours passed, both games started working at the same time. From that time, ads have not been available in STT only. On 2019-05-25 I reinstalled STT, but there was no change to ads.
  • FechoFecho ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi @Shan once again my ads warps are gone after re installing the game.

Last time it took nearly 2 months...

The thing that seems really odd is that the app fails and have to reinstall during (or before) a Mega Event.

Ads missing since: 06/09
    Device: Moto G6+

UPDATE:
    I use a VPN (select: Tokio) and the ad warps start working again... So far.
    Let's see how this "trick" goes.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for continuing to add information on this.
    I hope we will find a solution for this soon.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Lost my ads too
    iPhone 6 uk, also tried on an android device and no ads available there either

Edit they are now back, I’ve just realised it occurred after I was levelling neelix and I remember negating to tap the understood button when equipping his last items

I tapped on them again and as if by magic my ad buttons have appeared however the understood button still shows on all neelix’s equipment

3u8lsyx59vk6.png
    q1by126h17zh.png
    upsxjyihbsod.png
    advp8s96bj5s.png

Very frustrated this happened on boost day though.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is quite bizzare my ads have dropped off again no rhyme or reason to it.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is related, but over the last few days I have been getting an error AFTER VIEWING THE AD that the benefit is blocked due to ad view limit (not exact verbiage, it was gone when I went back to get exact verbiage).

I first ran into this error maybe 3 days ago on my phone. Ever since I have run into it both on my phone and iPad.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Not sure if this is related, but over the last few days I have been getting an error AFTER VIEWING THE AD that the benefit is blocked due to ad view limit (not exact verbiage, it was gone when I went back to get exact verbiage).

I first ran into this error maybe 3 days ago on my phone. Ever since I have run into it both on my phone and iPad.
    I recognized this too when switching the device. Obviously the adcount is only stored locally on the device, and the fact that you are not eligable for a reward is only realized when hailing Starfleet after the ad. I am under the impression that this still resets the counter (worst case 24 hours one) which is really annoying.

Why I came here... Ads are gone again. I just woke up, started STT, got some terms of use to approve (?!) and now there are no ads again. It is the 3rd time for me.

/edit: Later this morning ads started to work again. Really weird.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • So on Tuesday I got a new phone. Set it up and as expected no ads, tried various things reset the ad id, uninstall reinstall etc but nothing. Then last night it hit me, what if the problem is the way the game was installed, I just used the data migration function to install it. So today I factory reset my device and just let google install everything from the store, no restoring of data or anything, did the tutorial, logged back in as me and Boom Ads are back!

Not sure what the problem was however my current thought are there is something in the data that is kept on the device (even after uninstalling the app) that is stopping the adds coming though. Maybe some type of cookie flag accepting unity ads?
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Having advert issues since yesterday. If the game is freshly loaded, no problem. If the game has been open in the background for an hour or so, ads refuse to load. If I keep tapping on the prompt, eventually it gets stuck loading and I have to restart the game.

Ads missing since: 6 July
    Device: iPad Pro
    Operating system version: iOS 12.3.1
  • Used to get adds 6 months ago with no problem on the same device. After that it started work or not work very sporadic.
    Now i get them maybe 1 day per month and then they are gone again the next day or after a force restart.
    If it helps, i went to Austria 2 weeks ago for 3 days and played on a local wifi for those 3 days and the ads worked. Returned back to Slovenia and they were gone again both on mobile data and local wifi.

Ads missing since: 1 May 2019 (aprox)
    Device: Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 (SM-j320FN)
    Operating system version: Android 5.1.1
    Does you still have ads in other games?: Don't know, don't play other games. I could install one and let you know. Which do you suggest is a good test game for this?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just letting you know that this thread has not been forgotten.
    While I do not have an update, the reports are appreciated and hopefully will help us find the root cause of the issue.
  • PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    Ads missing since: 13.07.2019. after phase 2 start
    Device: Huawei: P9 lite, P10 lite, Mate 10 lite
    Operating system version: Andriod 8
  • Ads were working fine in the past years I've been playing this game. Now all of a sudden they disappear.

Ads missing since: Thurday July 11, 2019
    Device: Oneplus 5
    Operating system version: Android 8.1.0
  • LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    Ads disappeared on me for the second time a number of weeks ago.

The previous time this happened, they spontaneously returned while I happened to be abroad. I travelled abroad again yesterday, and upon firing up the game, ads had once again returned. I am normally based in Belgium, but travelling to the Netherlands seems to now have brought back ads twice.

I have no idea what the cause of the ads disappearing is, but it seems that connecting to a different/foreign phone network has fixed the issue for me on two occasions now. Hopefully this information can be useful in determining a cause and/or fix.
  • Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    No adds since today.
    Huawai p10
    Androide 9
    Germany
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Ongoing until today. Today I tried on another device, and it was immediately fine. So I uninstalled Google Play Games and Reset my account. Then signed in with my account again and connected Google Play Games, which required reinstall.

Boom, ads are back!
    Lamarth wrote: »
    Ads missing since: 2019-05-22
    Device: Pixel XL

I was watching an ad and seemed to have unreliable connection with doing things. I tried to restart STT, but couldn't log in. For 11 hours from that point, I couldn't log in to STT or DomiNations, but another game was fine.

I reinstalled DomiNations during this time, which worked fine until I signed into it with Google Play Games, then it couldn't sign in again. After the 11 hours passed, both games started working at the same time. From that time, ads have not been available in STT only. On 2019-05-25 I reinstalled STT, but there was no change to ads.

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Ads suddenly stopped appearing on my iPhone this afternoon, after working as recently as this morning. I don't even get the orange button all of a sudden. I've tried reloading the game and even rebooting my phone, after having no issues playing on various iPhones over the past 2.5 years!

EDIT: iPhone 7 with up-to-date IOS 12.4, and up-to-date STT app

Ads disappeared around noon EST, on Monday, July 29, 2019.

Playing in Canada.

Ads still appear and function properly in multiple other games.

EDIT #2: after having this issue continue for 5 straight days, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but that didn't help either.
    edited July 2019
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Ads suddenly stopped appearing on my iPhone this afternoon, after working as recently as this morning. I don't even get the orange button all of a sudden. I've tried reloading the game and even rebooting my phone, after having no issues playing on various iPhones over the past 2.5 years!

Playing in Canada.

I will give props to CS for being great to deal with, regarding my reporting of this issue. They were quick to reply, gave good background info about this known issue, referred me to this thread, and provided more than adequate compensation without me even bringing it up.

My only concern is that I'll be inundating them with follow-ups each day I go without access to any ad-warps/double-ups, especially without having any clue about how long this issue could take to resolve.

I'm losing out on at least 10 x the rewards from cadet missions daily (6 tickets with 2x rewards warp + at least 4 ad-warps - 4 hour refresh for cadet ad-warps), plus all the other ad-warps of high-chron missions throughout the day, an extra pull of the dabo wheel... I am frustrated and can only imagine how frustrating it is for the CS reps to deal with people in my situation!
  • Ads & ad warps hadn't been working on my phone since July 30,

Pixel 2 updated to Android 9 OS. Canada
    I did still have ads in other games.

Installing a VPN (US) on the phone seems to have fixed it.
    Fingers crossed for a kindly CS.

Playing in Canada.

EDIT #2: after having this issue continue for 5 straight days, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but that didn't help either.

On vacation in another country (US) and all ad-warps suddenly reappeared. Hopefully they stay when I return to Canada later this week.
  • After previously not seeing ads and them coming back just fine, a new issue has recently come up where the ads work once but then, when they reappear, if I press the ad button, the screen flashes black and goes back to the previous screen. Pushing the button again freezes the game with the processing wheel.
    The only way for ads to work is to restart the game after every successful ad.

Phone: iPhone 6s
    Username: Azrael
    edited August 2019

Playing in Canada.

On vacation in another country (US) and all ad-warps suddenly reappeared. Hopefully they stay when I return to Canada later this week.

I can confirm that upon my return to Canada, all ad-warps continued to function properly.

So... a workable solution could be for DB to pay for short vacations to foreign countries to rectify this situation.... B)
  • Ads missing since: new phone (2019-08-10)
    Device: Motorla one vision
    Do you still have ads in other games?: NA

Ads missing since: first installation (2019-07-18)
    Device: Android tv stick: Tronsmart MK908II
    Operating system version: Android 4.2
    Do you still have ads in other games?: NA

Working fine on my current Phone and tablet, but would like to switch to my new phone.
    The android stick isn't much used.
  • Ads missing since: Aug 9, when I got my new phone to replace the old one that was stolen the day before
    Device: Nokia 4.2
    Does you still have ads in other games?: Timelines is the only game on my phone

No ads on this phone. However, in Dabo Wheel the two orange buttons flash briefly, just like on my old phone at times when they were not supposed be available due to the timeout. On the old phone with Android 8 (even after recent 8.1 upgrade which broke the touch screen) ads worked fine, apart from the time when they were down as notified by DB.
  • Ads missing since: August 21, when I upgraded Android OS for the phone and reinstalled the app.
    Device: Oneplus One
    Do you still have ads in other games?: Timelines is the only game on my phone

I've been using Timelines on this phone since first released. Lately had to run each ad twice to claim reward. After upgrading OS and reinstalling the app, everything works fine except there are no ads.
    It's only been a day, but I figured it's still useful information since it's the same device and the same account, just a reinstall.
  • Ads missing since: 20 August
    Device: Huawei P20 Lite
    Does you still have ads in other games?: Yes, though I don't have any other DisruptorBeam games