Home Engineering Room

Ads no longer available - data gathering thread

1235»

Comments

• Ads no longer available for at least since the new year. Had been sporadic before that. I did have Blockada installed last year, though I had Timelines marked as whitelisted. I've since uninstall Ed and restarted phone but ads still do not appear.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+
    Operating system version: Android 10, latest Security patch 1 Dec 2020
    Does you still have ads in other games?: Don't really play many other games so can't say.
  • Ads missing since: my ads aren't missing, but they crash my app
    Device: iPhone 6
    Operating system version: iOS 12
    Does you still have ads in other games?: no other games to compare with.

I have a Facebook account as well.
    Ads missing since: at least January 7, 2021
    Device: PC (playing on Facebook)
    Operating system version: Windows 10
    Does you still have ads in other games?: no other games to compare with.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Since today Ads are totally gone on iOS. Even restarting, what usually worked before, doesn t do anthing?

Did TP change something?

EDIT
    After several restarts and switching between Wifi and 4G it‘s back again.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since today Ads are totally gone on iOS. Even restarting, what usually worked before, doesn t do anthing?

Did TP change something?

I just watched an ad for an away mission on my iPhone 7+ (iOS 14.4), no restart needed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hit & Miss ... add option not available ... often ...
    I would do a Cadet challenge, expecting a ad-double , wich does not pop up .. ( first action in the morning .. so it should) .. quitting the app, starting it and doing a scan ... there it is ... ad-double for the scan.
    Or with the scan and not getting ad-double ... or other jobs ...
    It has been iffy with this for the past 2 weeks ..

An expected ad-warp or ad-double requiring an app-restart to become available.. ( this wasting the actions which only give a double-afterwards) ..
    Iphone8 , ios 14.4 , client up2date
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    This is starting to get quite annoying .... now it seems that i need to restart the client every time before i get the ad option to double (like a scan) , or start something with add ( like a cadet job )
    It seems that whenever i forget to restart my client on iphone, i do not get the ad-option.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    This is starting to get quite annoying .... now it seems that i need to restart the client every time before i get the ad option to double (like a scan) , or start something with add ( like a cadet job )
    It seems that whenever i forget to restart my client on iphone, i do not get the ad-option.

I've been noticing the same thing. I will split my time between an iPad and Android tablet. But I notice it more on the iPad.

When I am expecting an ad warp, I do not get the option. Restarting will resolve the issue... BUT, if I wait too long I will 'lose' my chance and have to restart again. I notice it most around the times when the new offers come up, but it is not limited to that window.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • -{Punisher}-[BAD]-{Punisher}-[BAD] ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Something has happened in the past 2 days with the ads. Sometimes a simple restart of the app will get the ad-warps to come up, other times I could restart 100 times and not get it to pop up.

I have to go into the settings>apps go to Star Trek Timelines>Storage and Clear the Data and Cache before the ads will return. It is getting to the point where it's not worth the rewards anymore.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Tried removing the game on 3 devices, and clearing cahces etc ... have not seen a single add option for the past 2 weeks ... 2 diff iphones and 2x ipads.

I currently hardly have an interest in scheduling my timers for the day play the game often to get the bonus ..
    Past few days even noticed i even have a hard time remembering to log in at least 2x a day to get my dailies..

This is one of the reasons my interest in the game is currently getting quite low.. ( the large amount of faction events is the biggest 2nd) ..
  • Ads no longer sporadically available since a week or 2, "usually" an app restart or two will fix it. Still i have missed at least 50 ad warps the past two weeks due to this issue
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Ads seem to have disappeared today 10am UTC, on ios platform latest update version, wasted several cadet double ups trying after restarting device.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I've been having this issue for about the last week on iPad. I use a multi-timer app to keep track of all the ad timers, so know exactly when the ads should be happening, but they aren't available unless I force the app to quit and relaunch it.
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    I've been having this issue for about the last week on iPad. I use a multi-timer app to keep track of all the ad timers, so know exactly when the ads should be happening, but they aren't available unless I force the app to quit and relaunch it.

Same here since yesterday evening

Edit: iPad 2021, latest iOS, nothing changed recently
    Ticket submitted

Edit2: it‘s working again