Home The Bridge
Options

"Captive Intent" Mega-Event begins April 4!

SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in The Bridge
gqbxxzkm6spj.png

Reports are coming in that Thrax, the former security chief of Terok Nor, has resurfaced in the Alpha Quadrant. Starfleet has also lost contact with Major Kira Nerys, and more than a few admirals doubt this is a coincidence. Find the Major and discover what Thrax is up to in our April Mega-Event, "Captive Intent!"

Gather your crew with the Prisoner and Interrogator traits as they will receive event bonuses through the month.

Edit: Check out the schedule of events featured in the “Captive Intent” Mega-Event:

• April 4 – The Stolen Years (Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event)
• April 11 – Neutral Representation (Faction Event)
• April 18 – In Word and Deed (Galaxy Event)
• April 25 – Shackled to the Stars (Skirmish Event)

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does it feel like they've at least partly mixed up Thrax with Tekeny Ghemor?
  • Options
    ... and I was this close to airlocking a 1/4 Cardassian Kira
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By my count, the Prisoner trait was "recently" added to Temporal Prisoner Chakotay, Amelia Earhart, Cardassian Kira, Rura Penthe Kirk, Rura Penthe Reed, Martia, Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy, Gladiator McCoy, Tsunkatse Seven, Klingon Torres, and Maid Marian.

Interrogator was added to The Keeper, Judge Q, The Prophet, and Xindi Prisoner Archer.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we thinkin either CMD or SEC as primary? That's a shame, I wanted a strong DIP. You know, my strongest DIP is still Prisoner Admiral Cornwell, even after all this time.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay Vash becomes useful but dangit I have to level Sloan - groan.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I hope Thrax's stats are amazing cause I love DS9, have seen it many times and yet I barely remember this guy. He appeared in one episode and not one of their better ones or even good ones. Cornwell and Borg Queen will both be bonus crew and crush it. Xindi Prisoner Archer is in twice as Prisoner and Interrorgator which is cool as he was both in the episode when he captured Degra and messed with his mind. Not sure why Degra would help him after that and be his friend though. Seems like all of that would have just confirmed Degra's worst fears about humans but I digress. Could be a good event month. I know it is tough to keep coming up with new themes and event legendaries but I am feeling underwhelmed. A cheesecake seven could have been a prisoner and event legendary...just saying.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    They just released Ra-Ghoratelli, and they're prepping Annorax. I guess they are going for an actor-based collection.
  • Options
    I don’t understand why a Mega Event based on a Voyager theme would have a character that’s totally unconnected to the series as the recurring 5*. It’s counter-intuitive to say the least, and it’s deeply frustrating when Mega Events don’t thematically deliver.

This is far from the first time we’ve called out DB on flavor failures with Mega Events. What’s the point of having us vote on themes if they’re just going to do whatever anyway?
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Check out the schedule of events featured in the “Captive Intent” Mega-Event:

• April 4 – The Stolen Years (Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event)
    • April 11 – Neutral Representation (Faction Event)
    • April 18 – In Word and Deed (Galaxy Event)
    • April 25 – Shackled to the Stars (Skirmish Event)

I love getting the month's schedule like this. But wouldn't it be nice to end on a Faction, so we can make the most of all the crew we've accrued through the month? :)

(Also, full Skirmishes three months in a row?! They're wonderfully profitable, but a little draining! A Skirmish hybrid next month, please!)
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    By my count, the Prisoner trait was "recently" added to Temporal Prisoner Chakotay, Amelia Earhart, Cardassian Kira, Rura Penthe Kirk, Rura Penthe Reed, Martia, Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy, Gladiator McCoy, Tsunkatse Seven, Klingon Torres, and Maid Marian.

Interrogator was added to The Keeper, Judge Q, The Prophet, and Xindi Prisoner Archer.

Thank you @Automaton_2000 . I get to use Keeper and Maid Marian!

I wonder why none of the events are called "Four Lights" :# There's a certain captain who was held prisoner by Cardassians that would be PERFECT for this event. ;)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    So with both traits I have a decent amount of bonus crew to use. Interesting that Cardassians aren't added too lol.

I just really want Thrax to be 3 skill so I can use him on voyages. Adding prisoner Picard from Chain Of Command would be great too.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan, will Thrax count as Odo variant?
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    T'Rama wrote: »
    (Also, full Skirmishes three months in a row?! They're wonderfully profitable, but a little draining! A Skirmish hybrid next month, please!)

As one of the minority that likes the Skirmishes best, I'm enjoying the Skirmish train while it runs. B)
    Huh, I figured we were the majority! All the other events consume resources, but a Skirmish drowns us in items and Captain XP and Honor!

It's just a little exhausting to consistently tap away for 96 hours. A hybrid every third month would help stave off tap-madness.
  • Options
    At least we can freeze most of the bonus crew again after the second event.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwell and Borg Queen will both be bonus crew for that mega. Those are some nice 5/5 bonus crew a lot of players have.
  • Options
    Did the Borg Queen always have the interrogator trait? I just noticed it. Does that mean Tempted Data should have the prisoner trait?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Having reviewed my crew, command and dip combinations might be a bit of an issue everything else looks reasonably well covered. I am surprised also to discover that Warship Chakotay doesn't have the interrogator trait - wasn't he like the chief interrogator.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay thanks for the info Shan, i finally have a reason to level up Tain and Roga Danar who have been on my to-do pile for a while now!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Surely a much more appropriate recurring Legendary for a Prisoner Mega would be...

hqdefault.jpg

I want a You are Number 6 Reference (or at the very least, a "Be Seeing you")
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    If we are getting a Cardassian/Bajoran mega, it’d be nice to see...
    Mirror Bareil
    Li Nalas
    (Housekeeper) Mila
    Oh and an actual Kai Winn
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions for @Shan and/or @SunshineRiker

1 Is this "real" Thrax or Odo-as-Thrax?
    2 Will DB be completing an audit before this mega starts to make sure everyone who should have either Interrogator or Prisoner trait has it?
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gather your crew with the Prisoner and Interrogator traits as they will receive event bonuses through the month.

*snip*

Resources may still be missing the crew whose trait were added without an announcement about a month ago: