Home The Bridge
Options

"Captive Intent" Mega-Event begins April 4!

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    So with the current event another 3 Faction Events in a row. :s

And very unlucky that the final Mega faction is already in week 2, so not much shuttle bonus use of the Mega Legendary(which most will have 1/5, 2/5, as when it would be in week 4(with 4/5, 5/5).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resources may still be missing the crew whose trait were added without an announcement about a month ago:

Thanks, added them to the list.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    My wish list for new crew during this mega:

PRISONERS
    1. Accused O'Brien (DS9 "Tribunal")
    2. Crosis (rogue Borg who manipulates Data from his cell in TNG "Descent")
    3. Dominion Prisoner Ezri Dax (DS9 "Strange Bedfellows"; bonus if she's shown hanging upside down)
    4. Eris (Vorta who was a Trojan horse in DS9 "The Jem'Hadar")
    5. Jem (TOS "The Empath")
    6. Torture Survivor Jean-Luc Picard (TNG "Chain of Command", with sound clip, "There! Are! FOUR! Lights!")

INTERROGATORS
    1. Ch'Pok (DS9 "Rules of Engagement")
    2. Deputy Director Sloan (DS9 "Internal Affairs", preferably in the Captain's casual vest)
    3. Lieutenant Areel Shaw (TOS "Court Martial")
    4. Temporal Investigators Dulmer & Lucsly (DS9 "Trials and Tribble-ations")

Speaking of the captain’s casual vest, we need a smoking jacket Picard.

kald6a248xkr.jpeg

Damn yeah, we do.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    I don’t understand why a Mega Event based on a Voyager theme would have a character that’s totally unconnected to the series as the recurring 5*. It’s counter-intuitive to say the least, and it’s deeply frustrating when Mega Events don’t thematically deliver.

This is far from the first time we’ve called out DB on flavor failures with Mega Events. What’s the point of having us vote on themes if they’re just going to do whatever anyway?

The Mega-Event for which you voted is not this one, and is still to come :)
    Will Krenim Guest Paris be bonus crew in the year of hell mega too? Seems like he would have to but themes dont always match expected crew. Or is it too early to ask?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I don’t understand why a Mega Event based on a Voyager theme would have a character that’s totally unconnected to the series as the recurring 5*. It’s counter-intuitive to say the least, and it’s deeply frustrating when Mega Events don’t thematically deliver.

This is far from the first time we’ve called out DB on flavor failures with Mega Events. What’s the point of having us vote on themes if they’re just going to do whatever anyway?

Will Krenim Guest Paris be bonus crew in the year of hell mega too? Seems like he would have to but themes dont always match expected crew. Or is it too early to ask?

He has the Prisoner trait, so yes he'll count for the entire mega.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gather your crew with the Prisoner and Interrogator traits as they will receive event bonuses through the month.

Interrogator
    Borg Queen
    Enabran Tain
    Gul Madred
    Judge Q
    Mirror Inquisitor Troi
    Obsidian Order Garak
    The Keeper
    The Prophet
    Vengeful L'Rell
    Warship EMA

Advocate Kolos
    Commander Dolim
    Luther Sloan
    Mirror Garak
    Mirror Phlox
    Tieran Possessed Kes
    Xindi Prisoner Archer

Constable Odo
    Tailor Garak

Investigator Odo

Prisoner
    Amelia Earhart
    Away Team Michael Burnham
    Gladiator McCoy
    Human Torres
    Krenim Guest Paris
    Maid Marian
    Prisoner Katrina Cornwell
    Rura Penthe Kirk
    Temporal Prisoner Chakotay
    Tosk

Cardassian Kira
    Klingon Torres
    Martia
    Mintakan Troi
    Prisoner O'Brien
    Roga Danar
    Rura Penthe Reed
    Tsunkatse Seven

Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy

Prisoner Michael Burnham

EDIT: Added @Automaton_2000 changes

I think Victorian Pulaski also has Prisoner.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    I think Victorian Pulaski also has Prisoner.

Nope
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that after the uproar over Etana Jol being too minor a character, everyone seems okay with Thrax who would've had about the exact same amount of air time.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019

Krenim Guest Paris will count for the entire impending mega, “Captive Intent.” It is unknown at this time who or what will count for the “Year of Hell” mega later this year. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

Krenim Guest Paris will count for the entire impending mega, “Captive Intent.” It is unknown at this time who or what will count for the “Year of Hell” mega later this year. 🖖🏻

Yep which is my question. Trying to decide if I should buy packs for him or not. If he is bonus in not just this mega event but the one later, the year of hell mega, then his value goes up a lot.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Yep, totally misread the question. :/

Will be surprised if she knows at this point.
  • Options

Whether or not Krenim Guest Paris will be bonus crew for future mega events past this mega event I think he is probably still worth getting to 5/5 if possible with packs. I like that he has strong Command and Diplomacy with a touch of Engineering.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Whether or not Krenim Guest Paris will be bonus crew for future mega events past this mega event I think he is probably still worth getting to 5/5 if possible with packs. I like that he has strong Command and Diplomacy with a touch of Engineering.

I would think he would be at least one exact bonus crew in "month of hell"
    But you never know.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I would think he would be at least one exact bonus crew in "month of hell"
    But you never know.

Yeah cannot know. We thought this mega would be cardassians yesterday but today we learned it was prisoners and interrogators. What if year of hell is just ghoulish scary monsters from Voyager and other shows?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

PRISONERS
    3. Dominion Prisoner Ezri Dax (DS9 "Strange Bedfellows"; bonus if she's shown hanging upside down)
    6. Torture Survivor Jean-Luc Picard (TNG "Chain of Command", with sound clip, "There! Are! FOUR! Lights!")

INTERROGATORS
    2. Deputy Director Sloan (DS9 "Internal Affairs", preferably in the Captain's casual vest)

All great choices, but I'm missing someone essential in this list:
    Claustrophobic Garak (DS9 "By Inferno's Light").

From the same internment camp 371:
    • Enabran Tain
    • Worf
    • Bashir

And of course, from the Magnificent Ferengi:
    • Neural Stimulator Keevan (for lack of a better description)
    • Prisoner Yelgrun
    • Prisoner Ishka

That would be an amazing Garak, from one of my favorite ST episodes. Finally earns respect of Worf.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

PRISONERS

INTERROGATORS

All great choices, but I'm missing someone essential in this list:
    Claustrophobic Garak (DS9 "By Inferno's Light").

From the same internment camp 371:
    • Enabran Tain
    • Worf
    • Bashir

And of course, from the Magnificent Ferengi:
    • Neural Stimulator Keevan (for lack of a better description)
    • Prisoner Yelgrun
    • Prisoner Ishka

That would be an amazing Garak, from one of my favorite ST episodes. Finally earns respect of Worf.

Indeed. Andrew Robinson outdid himself in that episode.
  • Options
    [SSR]Trollhammeren[SSR]Trollhammeren ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Another unknown crew ... voting with my wallet here : DB I will not be DYC this thing...

What’s with picking all these obscure characters and making them 5* ? And here I thought Ru’afo was bad.... Atleast he was the main antagonist in a movie... I think picking the Klingon sef from ds9 is also a good candidate for the next event...
  • Options
    XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Things Past is a very good DS9 episode IMO, deliciously dark and a big character moment for Odo.

Thrax would be fine as a recurring legendary, but NOT if he's yet another SECURITY guy (which he should be if it was true to his character).

Security is by far the skill most people have an abundance of good guys for. We desperately need more SCI or DIP; there are loads of potential legendary characters who can deliver these skills, where are they?!

(Edit, Thrax was actually Odo's predecessor, he was only Odo in the sense that Odo once substituted his likeness for himself in his mind because he didn't want to face his guilt).
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanathar wrote: »
    Things Past is a very good DS9 episode IMO, deliciously dark and a big character moment for Odo.

Thrax would be fine as a recurring legendary, but NOT if he's yet another SECURITY guy (which he should be if it was true to his character).

Security is by far the skill most people have an abundance of good guys for. We desperately need more SCI or DIP; there are loads of potential legendary characters who can deliver these skills, where are they?!

(Edit, Thrax was actually Odo's predecessor, he was only Odo in the sense that Odo once substituted his likeness for himself in his mind because he didn't want to face his guilt).

You’re kidding aren’t you.....need more diplomacy?.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Xanathar wrote: »

You’re kidding aren’t you.....need more diplomacy?.

I personally don't, it's my largest set of characters over 1000 base (w/bonuses), but I admit that it irks me every time I see that my best diplomat (Cornwell) is primarily medicine.
  • Options
    guest_questguest_quest ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    Interesting that after the uproar over Etana Jol being too minor a character, everyone seems okay with Thrax who would've had about the exact same amount of air time.

I don't remember personally being too uproarious but can speculate that some of it was due to following Minuet.

1- Third straight Mega from TNG.

2- Second straight female romantically linked with Riker (her outfit didn't help).

3- Second straight one-off (or extremely limited: I think Minuet was technically in two) villain who (to my limited knowledge/memory of TNG) didn't have a significant effect on characters in the future.

4- The cruddy graphics of the supposedly hypnotic game. Not that the same doesn't necessarily apply to what's popular today, but they looked pretty bad. I don't remember the episode to know whether it was "bad" as well.

5- Minuet's stats were so disappointing (to some) that some people might have assumed that another somewhat similar character (in terms of significance) would have similarly bad stats. Once people saw that Etana was pretty good (the Big Book of Behold Advice - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vvl3wS1cY29ScQwWcTA6tJgcXvbdadY6vgPpn0swzbs/edit - has her in Tier 5 out of 15, while Minuet is down in Tier 14 with Bateson and Tora Ziyal and just ahead of dregs like Cartwright and Shinzon), some of the complaints died down.

6- Seemed to be confirming the trend away from main cast crew (MJP, Cornwell, BRB) who could at least feel somewhat Legendary by being main cast or Megas with more significance (Surak obviously; Kortar was at least mythologically the first Klingon; Ru'afo was a movie villain, which is at least a little more rare; even withholding a rant about T'Kuvma, he at least was a catalyst for Season 1 of Disco) to one-off villains/more minor characters (it didn't help that Ashley Judd was in Etana's episode, so she didn't even seem that significant as a guest star, which Kurtwood Smith at least somewhat can claim).

By contrast, Thrax is the first DS9 Mega since BRB in June and is the first Cardassian Mega character (Etana looked fairly human). While Thrax was a one-off, as others have mentioned, he was strongly connected to Odo's past, at least for that episode (I don't recall if it's mentioned again). I don't remember the episode either (I remember Kira's version from a few seasons earlier), but it sounds like it is remembered as good. There does seem to be concerns about stats, so #5 isn't different. As for #6, maybe people are more accepting that this (one-off/limited non-main cast crew) is the trend for Megas, so it's less disappointing/jarring, even if it's a step down from Kol, who was a recurring villain during Disco Season 1.

The Wiki is listing the Rura Penthe Commandant as the following week's featured crew, but I assume that's speculation.
  • Options
    No that is the listed Legendary reward for nest week.
  • Options
    Did somebody mention Prisoner L'Rell for desired event crew? I don't think I saw her yet. #moredisco
  • Options
    Did somebody mention Prisoner L'Rell for desired event crew? I don't think I saw her yet. #moredisco

I was about to mention her, since I really like her character. But that would be lots of L'Rell versions in less than 4 months and people would probably still complain about it in two years :D