Key information about the event: The Stolen Years - 04/04

Comments

• Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Suddenly he's a little more interesting a character

Yah he doesn't **tsk tsk** :)
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still hate Thrax. The art is muddy and blurry compared to, for example, Gul Madred.

Plus I maintain that the story writers got him partially mixed up with Tekeny Ghemor. Plus I wish DIP was his secondary, to at least differentiate him from Kortar and Kol.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is wrong with this event. I've been floating around top 50. That never happens. Usually about this time I'm floating around 400. Do people just not care? Or are they waiting for the second half?
  • Options
    Something is wrong with this event. I've been floating around top 50. That never happens. Usually about this time I'm floating around 400. Do people just not care? Or are they waiting for the second half?

Oh yeah, I see you there ;) It may be a lack of interest because of Thrax fallout, but in basically any hybrid that has a faction component, the faction phase will represent the smallest portion of the final scoring.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh yeah, I see you there ;) It may be a lack of interest because of Thrax fallout, but in basically any hybrid that has a faction component, the faction phase will represent the smallest portion of the final scoring.

I know no longer bother with any boosts in a hybrid. Galaxy phase wipes out any VP difference. All my boosts are saved for full faction events.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

I know no longer bother with any boosts in a hybrid. Galaxy phase wipes out any VP difference. All my boosts are saved for full faction events.

I still quick start, but that's usually it.
  • Options
    i like thrax i don't have a lot of powerful cardasians for voyages
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

I second this ... opened all 24 2 VP shuttles ... ran them all back-to-back and then just started with 3-hr shuttles ... currently around 2300 without using a single time boost (always use 3* skill boosts because I have so many, why not).

I'd rather burn chronitons than shuttle boosts at this point in my playing stage. Furthermore, only playing for thresholds this time so no need.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    This event is completely backwards.

Phase 1 lets you slowly acquire copies of the brand new Prison Break Lorca, who needs a staggering amount of Section 31 specific items to gear up, meaning players need to run Section 31 missions to get them...

...except they can't because phase 1 is Factions, so all our shuttles are in use. This would be OK if one of the factions was Section 31, but this is not so, the factions are Federation, Cardassian, and Hirogen.

Then in phase 2, the Galaxy portion, Prison Break Lorca and his two skills (Command and Security) are HEAVILY redundant based on the other event characters' skills, which are also quite heavy in Command and Security.

Prison Break Lorca is a spectator in his own event. This was entirely avoidable had the faction portion been phase 2, he be given a useful third skill, Section 31 been one of the three factions, or his equipment needs been done more appropriately. Changing just one of the four options I listed would have made this event significantly better.

Is it really a concern with 8 replications per day? Anyone can be immediately leveled with all those
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorca was super easy to get to level 80...
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Phase 1 lets you slowly acquire copies of the brand new Prison Break Lorca, who needs a staggering amount of Section 31 specific items to gear up, meaning players need to run Section 31 missions to get them...

...except they can't because phase 1 is Factions, so all our shuttles are in use. This would be OK if one of the factions was Section 31, but this is not so, the factions are Federation, Cardassian, and Hirogen.

Then in phase 2, the Galaxy portion, Prison Break Lorca and his two skills (Command and Security) are HEAVILY redundant based on the other event characters' skills, which are also quite heavy in Command and Security.

Prison Break Lorca is a spectator in his own event. This was entirely avoidable had the faction portion been phase 2, he be given a useful third skill, Section 31 been one of the three factions, or his equipment needs been done more appropriately. Changing just one of the four options I listed would have made this event significantly better.

Is it really a concern with 8 replications per day? Anyone can be immediately leveled with all those

I do not have 8 replications per day, and yes, it is problematic when Thrax ALSO needs faction specific items replicated, and Thrax is obviously a much high priorority.

Specifics aside, the point is either he or the event were poorly conceived.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not have 8 replications per day, and yes, it is problematic when Thrax ALSO needs faction specific items replicated, and Thrax is obviously a much high priorority.

I agree that the layout of the event certainly could have been better suited to making use of one of its own characters. I’ll also say that there are maybe four or five factions worth pounding shuttles for outside of events and Section 31 is absolutely one of them. Although I switched my focus to the Augments a week or two ago, I had been doing Section 31 for a couple weeks solid before that and ran mostly Cardassian shuttles in last week’s event...thanks to that, I had to replicate only two items (a pair of 1* criminal activity reports) to FE both Thrax and Lorca.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree that the layout of the event certainly could have been better suited to making use of one of its own characters. I’ll also say that there are maybe four or five factions worth pounding shuttles for outside of events and Section 31 is absolutely one of them. Although I switched my focus to the Augments a week or two ago, I had been doing Section 31 for a couple weeks solid before that and ran mostly Cardassian shuttles in last week’s event...thanks to that, I had to replicate only two items (a pair of 1* criminal activity reports) to FE both Thrax and Lorca.

Smart man
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I moved to a strategy of rotating around which factions I run. I run a couple from one of the factions I find most useful and then one each of whatever random faction I have missions for. I therefore never have an over-abundance of any faction and am fairly even with all the important factions.

Also I go faction shopping each day and buy the 50 merit and 50 credit items that are the most common pains. I didn't have any trouble with Lorca. I may have replicated one item.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used all 8 replications but it was just enough to immortalize him and not have to use one chron
  • Options
    S31 wrote: »

Yah sure, if you have a bunch of Sec 31 and Maquis components lying around.

He's need more replications than many 5*s I've done.

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Agreed, and to my point, that would not have been a problem for the vast majority of folks had the factions he needs parts from been included in our list of factions we need to run missions for. It just feels like it really was not well thought out, and since I know DB reads the forums for feedback I wanted to make sure this was brought up so that hopefully more thought can be given to this sort of thing in the future.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I leveled both with no issues last night. Lorca even made my shuttles at 2/4 FE thanks to his 3x bonus vs 2x for other FF crew.

The problem with flipping the phases is the same thing that happened in the skirmish/faction hybrid. The VP in galaxy/skirmish is so much higher that if you put that phase first you eliminate people from playing phase 2. If you enter phase 2 hundreds of thousands of VP behind there is no point to play since you'll never catch up.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    PB Lorca will still be one of the best crew options for the galaxy phase, despite all the other cmd-sec crew floating about. Galaxy recipes are always set up to favor the event crew - that and the huge bonus that galaxy applies to their stats.

I agree that a player could go without him in the faction phase and not be too disadvantaged. For me, he just made it onto my shuttles at 2/4 FE, displacing his less-disheveled self (1/5 Captain Lorca) in a cmd seat. But I would have been fine w/o him if I hadn't finished leveling him.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This event does seem light. I was 6 hours late starting and just did a standard kickstart, yet I am hovering in the 800-1100 range, depending on where my shuttles are at any given moment.

I found Lorca and Thrax quick to level, since I've been building a stockpile of key faction-only items. Between normal shuttle missions (mainly S31, KCA and Augment) and cadet challenge missions (ie: MWF are great for 2* security codes, 2* covert contacts, 2* IDIC, 0* holoprograms, 0* encoded communique, 0* science experiments), especially now that you can double-up all 6 tickets and warp them every 4 hours, you can build your inventory quite quickly. It's also great to keep a few crew slots full of crew that are levelled to ranks where you can replicate faction-only 0* items on a daily basis (ie: 0* ancient film and 0* case files).
  • Options

Agreed, and to my point, that would not have been a problem for the vast majority of folks had the factions he needs parts from been included in our list of factions we need to run missions for. It just feels like it really was not well thought out, and since I know DB reads the forums for feedback I wanted to make sure this was brought up so that hopefully more thought can be given to this sort of thing in the future.

Yah man I agree with you
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Am I paranoid but when I put Tieran possessed Kes in the MED and CMD slot that shuttle always seems to fail even though its at something like 94% with skill boost.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I paranoid but when I put Tieran possessed Kes in the MED and CMD slot that shuttle always seems to fail even though its at something like 94% with skill boost.

Weird...I’ve been throwing Delta Flyer Paris at that slot when he isn’t manning the ENG/MED slot on another shuttle and it seems fine so far. I’ll have to try Kes the next time it comes up.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first event I've used only one of two skills in an and slot. And it was the second one too. I've been scared every time I send it out.
  • Options
    Good Grief Charley Brown...thanks for another messed up Phase 2 changeover.
  • Options
    Predictable
  • Options
    So much for that last shuttle push. We all just got screwed