Home The Bridge
Options

Next Mega recurring - DIP Primary PLEASE!

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    aqakbcrg1z7j.png

Please tell me you understand that bragging about your DIP crew is literally the exact opposite of the spirit of this post.

And if you’re going to, at least make it something to write home aboutb5oo9s3vr0go.jpeg

Oooooh, I want Layna! Muse is one of my favourite Voyager episodes!

And since everyone is adding theirs, here’s my top 12 DIP folks.

c8qwex7oix5k.png
    6ees7vm6nyt3.png

I do believe your 12 trump mine mah lady. Although mine are much more attractive. You got some real uggo’s in there. And yes, Layna is super cool. Same actress that played crewman Cutler on Enterprise, Phlox’s very brief, I guess the word is, like interest.

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    And since everyone is adding theirs, here’s my top 12 DIP folks.

I’ll play, although mine aren’t nearly as good.

u94y5yqbljzj.png

ef0iwi7remti.png
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    The quote from firefly “maybe they like shuttles .... some people juggle geese.” springs to mind, personally I prefer voyages.

I’d prefer rarer skill sets CMD / MED and perhaps sci or security as a tertiary - it’s the worst represented skill set in the game - and how many cards do we have in the game now?

OP I know you are only counting Mega crew but you can’t dismiss the 700+ other crew in the game and all other forms of uses for them.

EDIT Well ok Greys Greens Blues and purples perhaps we can dismiss.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be opposed to a DIP/SCI/MED (skills in that order) ...

Boring Bit
    DIP is my best represented skill in my 5* crew ... with 46 of 72 crew having DIP of which 16 have DIP as primary skill ... (second is SEC at 45/72 with 13 as primary skill ... CMD is 43/72 with 17 primary).
    But, my two best 5* base DIP crew have other skills as primary!

SEC is actually my "worst" represented skill amongst primary skill crew at 29% of crew with SEC actually have that as primary ... but I have a bunch of immortal 5*s with SEC as one of the skills and I have a ton of crew with SEC somewhere, so it isn't that bad.
    After SEC comes SCI at 31%.

Of my 12 MED crew ... 7 have MED as primary ... my average MED voyage score is actually the highest of all skills at 1047 ... #2 is CMD at 1035, #3 ENG at 978, #4 DIP at 951, #5 SEC at 921 ... last SCI at 882 (propped up mainly by immortals Surak and Honey Bare Jadzia - thankfully I'll probably get Mulhall this week to boost the score a bit).

SCI is kinda rough for me ... even though I have 32 5*s with SCI somewhere, it is only good when I look at potential (e.g. a 1/5 Mirror Stamets would be awesome immortal) ... and it will take me a long time to get that potential realised. I've spent my last citations trying to boost SCI (Honey Bare, Away Team Saru), playing gauntlet for more stars on Armus (3/5) or Caretaker (1/5) doing well in events with SCI crew (Mulhall) ... but it is real slow going trying to improve crew in an overall manner ... a mega-event 5* would work wonders here.

Maybe someday I'll add combos to the table ... but no time to do that now.

So ...
    1. I wouldn't mind a DIP crew so that they can actually represent that skill amongst top base crew.
    2. SCI would be the prefect secondary skill to help boost that overall.
    3. MED tertiary would help to boost that skill on voyages where two other skills are primary, always welcome.

Looking at other players' awesome crew lists above I feel Fennim would be perfect, so someone like him.

Great crew lists everybody! Sadly mine is still barrel scrapingly poor after all this time. :)
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP I know you are only counting Mega crew but you can’t dismiss the 700+ other crew in the game and all other forms of uses for them.

Yes, I can do exactly that. The point of this thread is to take the 12 existing featured Mega event legendaries and show that the only thing missing is a DIP primary with a super high base.

How many times do I have to keep saying that?
  • Options

Yes, I can do exactly that. The point of this thread is to take the 12 existing featured Mega event legendaries and show that the only thing missing is a DIP primary with a super high base.

FWIW, I agree with you, and it's another reason I was that much more sorely disappointed in Minuet, because she was the opportunity to address this skill deficiency among the megas once and for all. Yes, most mature rosters have no need for a DIP primary character, but newer rosters certainly could, and putting a legendary in the thresholds at 25k VP is a decision designed for newer rosters. For completionist reasons, there really ought to be one.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

On the first view on this, I agree with you as there were not one mega character with DIP primary. And many new and F2P players probably lack good/excellent DIP crew.

But...

There are so many characters with high DIP that it is not important that DIP is not primary skill. I mean I have 5 4* characters with DIP over 1k (with bonuses) without counting 5* with even higher values for DIP.

On the other hand I lack in ENG and MED even though we had mega characters with ENG and MED primary. There is huge game imbalance toward DIP that I think we do not need yet another DIP character.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    ByloBand wrote: »
    The other side of that is that day 1 players who have all 12 mega event characters need it, but if someone has been playing for 3+ years and they still need help with Diplomacy, those players are simply not trying.

I am VIP 10, about 2,5 years into the game, and Cornwell and Etana Jol are still my best base diplomats. This might be considered "not trying" from the VIP 14 ivory tower, but that cannot be the baseline for standard gameplay. Sure, I have 10 other 1000+ DIP crewpeople, but there simply has not been any heavy hitter in that department given out by DB for new and/or casual users. All of my top base crew are immortalized mega lengendaries, with the list sometimes being 5 crew deep (SEC). Nothing in the DIP-department even comes close to the crew that was made available in ENG or SEC/CMD.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

That maybe one thing missing but there are also plenty of other things missing from that list as well. Particularly if you are only going to restrict it to megas. I don't see how, by in doing so, your argument is made any more compelling nor the significance of doing so.

I thought the main point of this thread is you want a DIP primary base scorer is it not? That may be your view and indeed some or many others, but it's not my view I take a holistic approach to all legendaries - sorry to disagree with you I will be careful not to do so in the future, but I will stand by on my view that I think mega events should make priority to rarer skill sets (that would be harder for the layman to obtain), instead of which I think Ahdar Ru'afo and perhaps Etana Jol takes that crown 2 out of 12 mega crew.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who spends a heck of a lot less than the OP, I, too, was short on Dip and hoping a Mega would fill that gap.

But because I was such a Dip-hole, it naturally meant that crew with Dip should have been making it into my Citation queue. Oddly, though, these opportunities have been few. First, Interfaced La Forge, as I got two of him during his event last year, he's got an amazing Voyage total, and he's regular crew. 150K well spent. Then it took months and months for another 'bargain', but I finally got a third star for Romulan Picard in February, and immediately spent the 100K to finish him off. And Gauntlet has been throwing Guinans at me this month, so finally I have three Dip-primary 5/5s!

So I sympathize, OP. I've had a hole in my Dip for years, and it's still not where I'd like it to be.

And I'd very much appreciate a Mega stepping in and giving me a super-dip.

But... The Megas don't 'owe' me a super-dip.

And if it's a big enough need, I have lots of great 1/5 dippers I could save for and spend the 200K on.

Surely if you're spending so much money every month, you've had plenty of opportunities to spend 200K honor on a great dip crew. It's your fault you're still a Dip-hole. Stop waiting around for something that's never been promised. You can fix this yourself.
  • Options
    Let me debunk your theory. You want this because there have been 12 such characters and it has never happened, and therefore we need it. If this is correct, I should REALLY need this since I missed the first 6.5 mega event crew (I started playing halfway through Darth Bashir) so I am missing over half of this crew, and I am far from alone. Since a lot of players are already missing parts of this collection, it doesn't make sense to force something like this to happen 'just because', and that is exactly what it is because numerous times it has been shown that Diplomacy is the least needed skill since we already have hundreds of options.

With all respect Bylo, you are VIP14. The fact that you don't need a particular skillset hardly debunks the idea that no-, low-, and mid-spenders do.

OP's whole point is that it is very difficult to get fully fused legendaries in this game without spending money. Yes, there are a lot of CMD/DIP/SEC crew in the game. My crew slots are full nearly to bursting with them. And they will sit at 1/5 or 2/5 indefinitely because I don't get nearly enough portal pulls to fuse them up that way and assuming I spend honor to fully fuse most mega characters, that only leaves me enough honor to fuse up two other legendaries in an entire year.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Sky Cap 18 wrote: »
    Let me debunk your theory. You want this because there have been 12 such characters and it has never happened, and therefore we need it. If this is correct, I should REALLY need this since I missed the first 6.5 mega event crew (I started playing halfway through Darth Bashir) so I am missing over half of this crew, and I am far from alone. Since a lot of players are already missing parts of this collection, it doesn't make sense to force something like this to happen 'just because', and that is exactly what it is because numerous times it has been shown that Diplomacy is the least needed skill since we already have hundreds of options.

With all respect Bylo, you are VIP14. The fact that you don't need a particular skillset hardly debunks the idea that no-, low-, and mid-spenders do.

OP's whole point is that it is very difficult to get fully fused legendaries in this game without spending money. Yes, there are a lot of CMD/DIP/SEC crew in the game. My crew slots are full nearly to bursting with them. And they will sit at 1/5 or 2/5 indefinitely because I don't get nearly enough portal pulls to fuse them up that way and assuming I spend honor to fully fuse most mega characters, that only leaves me enough honor to fuse up two other legendaries in an entire year.

Before we go into a lets derail the thread mode, OP has openly stated they spends up to 40 a month it's quite probable he is at least VIP 14 and I dare say is probably about the same ammount Bylo spends as well...
    lets not put something into mix that varies dramatically accross the board for players. The point is if you need it that bad why not make it happen after all the OP has Interfaced La Forge, Bridge Officer No 1, and Zhian'Tara Odo ranked 11, 10 and 4 for DIP Base
  • Options
    I mean the thread has already been derailed by huge screenshots of people showing off their DIP crew. It's not a derail to say that spending factors into need.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, I'm truly disappointed.

This has effectively devolved into a spitting contest between "I don't see the problem, I have plenty" and "A lot of us don't have a chance other than the mega characters."

I give up. Do whatever you want.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

This has effectively devolved into a spitting contest between "I don't see the problem, I have plenty" and "A lot of us don't have a chance other than the mega characters."

I can take it a step further and go in the direction of “round my crew out for free please? Pretty please? With sugar on top?”

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Sky Cap 18 wrote: »
    I mean the thread has already been derailed by huge screenshots of people showing off their DIP crew. It's not a derail to say that spending factors into need.

I don't disagree with you there on both fronts but as I said OP also spends. The point is prioritising within your means. But also length of time and if you are playing catch 'em all ketch'up style that also is another factor to consider.

For example before Interfaced La Forge event I can totally empathise with the OP as that was the same situation I was in, it's not I don't see the problem - rather I identified and dealt with the problem earlier.

Interfaced La Forge has a great voyage score and great Dip Base if that isn't a reason to cite him up I don't know what is.

At the same time my pain point was Security I wasn't around to have Kortar and I started out tail week of the T'Kuvma mega event. Now we are awash with it but scratch beneath the surface even they are not in the phenomenal base range.

In fact the oddities are Bell Riots Bashir (however MED base has always been on the weak side and Bashir is still really second string compared to the top 4) and Ru'Afo.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other side of that is that day 1 players who have all 12 mega event characters need it, but if someone has been playing for 3+ years and they still need help with Diplomacy, those players are simply not trying.

I am VIP 10, about 2,5 years into the game, and Cornwell and Etana Jol are still my best base diplomats. This might be considered "not trying" from the VIP 14 ivory tower, but that cannot be the baseline for standard gameplay. Sure, I have 10 other 1000+ DIP crewpeople, but there simply has not been any heavy hitter in that department given out by DB for new and/or casual users. All of my top base crew are immortalized mega lengendaries, with the list sometimes being 5 crew deep (SEC). Nothing in the DIP-department even comes close to the crew that was made available in ENG or SEC/CMD.

I'm often on the Bylo bandwagon ... but Captain Obvious is most obviously in the right here.

Not trying? Wha? I've been around for eons (approx July 2016), have all mega event crew (Borg Queen and T'Kuvma are 4/5, the others immortal) and like the OP, my best DIP crew are Cornwell, Etana and Victorian Pulaski (who I have frozen because 4*, 2-skill, stupid character bla bla bla).

Am I not trying because I don't pump any money into the game? Where am I supposed to get all these amazing DIP crew everybody is going on about?
    e.g. The event for Prof. Sato was Faction ... no way I was going to make top 1000 for that event for a crew so desirable.

So, I hate calling out a forum favourite ... but I find your (Bylo) comment offensive to say the least.

lastly ... DIP has been the skill that has been that has been power krept the most, so a mega-event DIP wouldn't be that bad, because I don't feel like sinking 4 citations into 5* crew who I know will be outdated in 12 months (L'Rell, Z. Odo etc.).
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I'm often on the Bylo bandwagon ... but Captain Obvious is most obviously in the right here.

Not trying? Wha? I've been around for eons (approx July 2016), have all mega event crew (Borg Queen and T'Kuvma are 4/5, the others immortal) and like the OP, my best DIP crew are Cornwell, Etana and Victorian Pulaski (who I have frozen because 4*, 2-skill, stupid character bla bla bla).

Am I not trying because I don't pump any money into the game? Where am I supposed to get all these amazing DIP crew everybody is going on about?
    e.g. The event for Prof. Sato was Faction ... no way I was going to make top 1000 for that event for a crew so desirable.

So, I hate calling out a forum favourite ... but I find your (Bylo) comment offensive to say the least.

lastly ... DIP has been the skill that has been that has been power krept the most, so a mega-event DIP wouldn't be that bad, because I don't feel like sinking 4 citations into 5* crew who I know will be outdated in 12 months (L'Rell, Z. Odo etc.).

Fair. I apologize.

In my defense, it went along with my previous post using the baseball analogy which boils down to (and I am sorry for not being direct on this point) that very few of us (myself included) have high Diplomacy crew, but it doesn't matter because SO many crew have it that it is still easy to get a high Diplomacy score on a voyage. When so many crew have above average Diplomacy scores, you get enough together and it equals a high total. That is what I was saying, sorry if that was not clear.

To make it up to people, I have a win-win solution: how about we petition to have have Minuet's base score raised 300 points?

I agree on this Minuets stats were always in need of a correction.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this discussion has been an interesting one...mudslinging back and forth, screenshots of huge collections of immortalized 5* diplomats, and a PenguinJim post I agree with 100%. I expect to see flying swine if I were to look out the window. :)

I understand the OCD reasoning for having a stout base DIP mega recurring legendary. Minuet was a vast disappointment and even at 4/5* is virtually worthless for a plurality of players in her current state. She isn’t helpful anyway for those who started during or after her event. And Obrist represents at least a possibility for a DIP-heavy recurring legendary in the next mega (it wouldn’t be the first 5* with skills seemingly not in line with our interpretation of their episode, since SCI primary makes more sense for him).

All that being said, I think Bylo was right by pointing out that the basic premise is flawed on its face: it is possible to get solid diplomats for voyages and for shuttles without needing a mega recurring legendary. There is no shame in trotting Victorian Pulaski out every day on shuttles or using Cornwell or Darth Bashir to fill up your voyage DIP counter. I still regularly roll out Pulaski, Mintakan Troi, and Ambassador Shras on shuttle missions and have only two DIP-primary legendaries immortalized (one of whom, Grand Nagus Rom, is widely reviled for being “bad”).

The reason the whales and dolphins in this thread are saying we don’t need more free power-DIP crew is that we’re thinking about rare skill combos like ENG/MED, MED/SEC, and the like. Diplomats grow on trees compared to MED/COM crew. Are you really saying you want a DIP/COM/SEC crew over someone who can fill a rare and sorely-needed combo? Everyone needs those, from someone who starts playing today to someone who’s been around for years.
  • Options
    [TFA] CaptainObvious[TFA] CaptainObvious ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    All
    The reason the whales and dolphins in this thread are saying we don’t need more free power-DIP crew is that we’re thinking about rare skill combos like ENG/MED, MED/SEC, and the like. Diplomats grow on trees compared to MED/COM crew. Are you really saying you want a DIP/COM/SEC crew over someone who can fill a rare and sorely-needed combo? Everyone needs those, from someone who starts playing today to someone who’s been around for years.

Fair enough, but that is their distorted perspective. I’m would venture that those rare combinations are not that essential, since most players would prioritize them over vanilla crew anyway. I am doing fairly well in ENG/x combinations since that had been a huge weak point in my roster and what little honor my tuna-sized-account generated went towards high-voyage-rare-combination ENG crew. Where skill rarity comes into place again is when you need to have several FFFE ENG/MED crew to stay on par with your roster of other immortals.

Also true, that DIP is an abundant byproduct of many strong and widely available cards. Non-featured voyage DIP is usually sufficiently filled by my go-to MED/SCI crew. But that and the rarity-issue only push DIP base heavy crew ever deeper down the citation queue. Without a DIP Mega Event legendary, most mid-range players will probably never see that DIP shuttle power house.

That is my own distorted opinion as a non-whale. Objectively, with 12 mega events and 6 skills to chose from, there is little reason not to level the playing field a bit.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All

Fair enough, but that is their distorted perspective. I’m would venture that those rare combinations are not that essential, since most players would prioritize them over vanilla crew anyway. I am doing fairly well in ENG/x combinations since that had been a huge weak point in my roster and what little honor my tuna-sized-account generated went towards high-voyage-rare-combination ENG crew. Where skill rarity comes into place again is when you need to have several FFFE ENG/MED crew to stay on par with your roster of other immortals.

Also true, that DIP is an abundant byproduct of many strong and widely available cards. Non-featured voyage DIP is usually sufficiently filled by my go-to MED/SCI crew. But that and the rarity-issue only push DIP base heavy crew ever deeper down the citation queue. Without a DIP Mega Event legendary, most mid-range players will probably never see that DIP shuttle power house.

That is my own distorted opinion as a non-whale. Objectively, with 12 mega events and 6 skills to chose from, there is little reason not to level the playing field a bit.

As I said before, it’s all about points over replacement. I would rather gain 1,000 voyage points with a better MED/SEC or MED/SCI versus gaining an extra 200 points over the next best DIP/COM. Tuna are very large by the way. My dream is a doctor themed mega. Yours is a diplomat as the recurring legendary. We can both dream can’t we? And want different things? The beauty is both of these could be accomplished within the same mega.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd much rather have a new mega recurring legendary with Science as the primary skill. SCI-MED-ENG would be ideal. Phlox Au Naturel is the only legendary crew member with this skill combo in this order, and he was only available through packs. So this is a combo almost everyone lacks.

That’s what I’m talking about!

• Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    It's too bad this post has taken the turn it did. I think the OP did a nice job presenting data on past "mega event characters" and said it would be nice to round out the skill set for "Mega event characters" which are provided, among other reasons, to level the playing field. He was polite and descriptive and should be commended for initiative in creating this post discussing Mega event characters. I don't understand why it was necessary for some to jump all over him. It is one thing to state preference for what you would like to see next and why ( the point of the post) and another to slam his face in the turnbuckle and force himself to defend an innocent post unnecessarily. The sad and upsetting thing is that it happens all too regularly and I think everyone is guilty at some level (myself included) and contributed to this culture.

Instead of DB do better, I think each of us needs to look in the mirror and say forum poster do better and try to get rid of this aggressive culture and try to be a little more loving and respectful.
  • Options
    To my mind one of the possible reasons we haven’t had a mega dip power house is because diplomacy is one of the most used skills in the game and one of DBs main selling points offering crew for that eg all the top ones are from packs or events the best freebie we got in DIP is laughably Mariachi Q ranked at 45 then Cornwell at 64.

Command you have the Queen at 9 (so perhaps an exception there but still second tier to the top three) and Archer at 14 Niners Sisko at 29

For security you could count Durango Troi who is 3rd and whom I consider a top dog but then you drop down to 18 for kortar then Kol and Thrax at 29 and 31

It’s clear out of the abundant skills DB is not in the habit of giving great bases over their main selling points. Although the queen in her day probably was the one exception there.

That being I will concede it’s not unreasonable to suggest or ask for an equivalent of Dancing uhura who is around the 30 mark in top base and this is where I think Minuet was a failure.

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I have a hole in my crew, it is Med/Eng and Med/Sci. When Med/Eng comes up on voyages, I say "bloody solids".
    I get what GhostStalker is saying, he wants a Dip crew, just because he wants a Dip crew.

Now if only we had a crew member who could fit all those criteria. Main Dip, with Eng and Med following up. Maybe a crew member who has already been suggested before.

S2 Discovery Spoiler.
    Hangnail Reno (that's poetic).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBPXexwCgpw
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    the best freebie we got in DIP is laughably Mariachi Q ranked at 45 then Cornwell at 64.

Dancing Chekov was given out free (in Sept.) and although a lot of people poo pooed him when they mailed him out he's quite good for DIP. Granted you'd have to cite him up or get more in pulls (but the same would be true for Mariachi Q).
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure why you are getting so upset. The whole point of forum posts is to have discussions. To just get upset when people disagree with you does not help convince them you are right. I am happy to have the skills of the mega legendaries to rotate and not be the same. I would not mind another Dip person but I think your premise is false when you say there has been no Dip people and then you say we have had Minuet as Dip primary and Cornwell who has a good Dip secondary. You try to address this by saying yes we have had Dip people but not strong enough Dip people. I think you have to take into account the other crew we get in events like Pulaski and Mintakan Troi that have great Dip just as 4/4's.
    Let’s fly!