Home The Bridge
Options

Next Mega recurring - DIP Primary PLEASE!

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    the best freebie we got in DIP is laughably Mariachi Q ranked at 45 then Cornwell at 64.

Dancing Chekov was given out free (in Sept.) and although a lot of people poo pooed him when they mailed him out he's quite good for DIP. Granted you'd have to cite him up or get more in pulls (but the same would be true for Mariachi Q).

Ah good catch UnkieB forgot about him or just missed him by accident on the spreadsheet yeah he’s ranked 26.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, I'm truly disappointed.

This has effectively devolved into a spitting contest between "I don't see the problem, I have plenty" and "A lot of us don't have a chance other than the mega characters."

I give up. Do whatever you want.

Not sure why you are getting so upset. The whole point of forum posts is to have discussions. To just get upset when people disagree with you does not help convince them you are right. I am happy to have the skills of the mega legendaries to rotate and not be the same. I would not mind another Dip person but I think your premise is false when you say there has been no Dip people and then you say we have had Minuet as Dip primary and Cornwell who has a good Dip secondary. You try to address this by saying yes we have had Dip people but not strong enough Dip people. I think you have to take into account the other crew we get in events like Pulaski and Mintakan Troi that have great Dip just as 4/4's.

This isn't about me. Let us all, for a second, try to remember my premise. Granted, I had to come back and fine-tune it a bit, but that's because I expected a more OBJECTIVE discussion.

Instead, I got the worst of you saying "I personally have plenty of DIP, I don't care if..."

I got the slightly less selfish of you saying "There are plenty of DIP in the game, I don't see why other players can't acquire one of the many 5* DIP powerhouses..."

And I got some of you who saw my point... Who realized that for some, this is their best shot at a great card. Who ignored the over 700 characters in game, and focused (as I asked) on the 12 mega events and their featured characters. Twelve characters. Two engineers. Two medics. Three CMD. Three SEC. The one SCI primary, Surak, if I recall correctly, was top 3 base when he came out. And then there's Minuet.

Once more, I don't care what your own decks look like. I don't care if there are plenty of high DIP cards in the game. Yes, I have plenty myself, but this isn't about me either. I don't care what you need, or what you want instead. All that matters is that so few of you could see past your own decks and contemplate, just for a moment, why in TWELVE mega characters, we've yet to have a super high base diplomacy card. That was all I wanted to ask.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is @GhostStalker who, as in name a character, would you like to see as a mega DIP? And what other skills could you see them with? Let’s start from there, with a nice civil discussion of our mutual love of the trek universe.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I made a simple spreadsheet for all 12 mega event crew, NOT to try and prove a point, but to honestly try and prove to myself that I wasn't completely off base. Below is all 12 mega event crew, with their base ONLY stats (no proficiencies) at their base 4/5 levels (ie no collection/starbase bonuses).
    7862o1s4505q.jpg

I was slightly surprised that COM is in such a large lead, but as you can see, despite not having a high DIP base crew listed, DIP is still nose-to-nose with SEC in the bronze position. I will admit that I was a bit surprised it was that low, but it still I think shows that if you sent out an all-mega crew voyage, DIP is not a concern. That was really all I was trying to say this entire time.

This chart does really highlight though IMO the far greater need for ENG, SCI, and MED, and I think that is what many of us have been trying to say.

This thread started off with the word "Need", not "Want" and I cannot speak for everyone, but I took that as more of a challenge than simply a request, so at least for me, word choice played a role in my tone of voice here. Had this started off with "Hey, it would be cool if we had a high DIP mega event crew" I think the tone of voice from the detractors would have been much less provocative.

I feel I also need to state publicly that several weeks ago I necro'd the "Wait a Minuet" thread to basically make the EXACT complaint in this thread, and the overwhelming response I got back from most responders was that mega event crew are not meant to be epic/powerful/etc, so I took what I learned there and brought it here and have been confused by the narrative in this thread.

For what it is worth to people, I am sorry for my harsh tone earlier. I won't edit it because it should remain as a learning tool, all i can say is that in my head at least it came off as much funnier, kind of along the lines of "If you've been a carpenter for 4 years and you don't own your own saw you've got bigger problems than a saw," but going back and reading it again I do see how it did not read that way.

Ha! Kol House of Pancakes. That’s awesome!

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    To summarize: YES, I know DIP is a very common skill, and all of us have plenty of it. Even I have 12 characters with a base DIP over 1000. All I'm saying is that it would be nice to have a Mega character with DIP primary and a high base. Just because it's about time we did.

Who are you thinking they could do for the crew? Do we think that for the Year of Hell mega they'll use someone from those episodes? As I said before DIP primary wouldn't necessarily bother me personally just hopefully not a combo of DIP, CMD & SEC.

I was thinking Obrist (as I mentioned earlier) would be a good mega crew for Year of Hell, but honestly can't remember enough as to whether he'd fit as DIP primary or not (not that that always stops DB ;)). Lady Gaghgagh suggested he'd probably be SCI/DIP/ENG(or CMD). Could he legitimately be DIP/SCI/ENG(or CMD) instead? I seem to remember him spending a lot of time negotiating with Annorax so maybe?
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just catching up on this thread now, and Ghost i absolutely agree with your premise, that a mega DIP would VERY much fill a hole!

I've actually started citing up other DIP to get them pass the Cornwell Threshold, and so far I've gotten Kirk and Gorkon up above her...so may I suggest a candidate for that mega-DIP?

06482cabb2327b188d8241b1b91b0d32.jpg
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Just catching up on this thread now, and Ghost i absolutely agree with your premise, that a mega DIP would VERY much fill a hole!

I've actually started citing up other DIP to get them pass the Cornwell Threshold, and so far I've gotten Kirk and Gorkon up above her...so may I suggest a candidate for that mega-DIP?

Remember that the event month legendary has to go with the theme of the mega. Voyager Year of Hell will probably be the next mega. The biggest diplomat on Voyager was Neelix. How about Morale Officer Neelix?
    33lk43ulzhy3.jpg
    Or if people do not like that then maybe a Chakotay as he used Diplomacy on Annorax.
    cpxjau0hq8kg.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Kamala?
    MV5BNmI4YjM2NDQtYzVlYS00MmY2LThjZDItZDBmM2IzNjkyMjI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ2MDUxMTg@._V1_.jpg
    Huge DIP, with maybe SCI and some ENG?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about:
    HaBlack wrote: »
    How about new ultimate diplomat? Someone who managed to get Klingons and Federation to sign a treaty.
    Before him there was no Klingon word for "peace-maker" - Riva
    Traits: Scholar, Artist, Diplomat, Peacemaker, Warrior, Royalty, Mediator
    ac4mcb9sgxdy.jpg

Already suggested in Most wanted
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »
    7862o1s4505q.jpg

But the score for CMD or DIP will naturally be highest if almost all crew have had CMD or DIP ... I'd add a row below that looked something like the following:

Average
    CMD: 776
    DIP: 620
    ENG: 1004
    SEC: 826
    SCI: 581
    MED: 1116
    (you can even add a weighted average ... example, remove 3rd skills from calculations ... but keep in table)

Unfortunately, you've kept it at base stats, so it is not fully comparable to my initial post about the merits of the combo I suggested (I mean let's face it ... most mega-event crew are out on voyages for the average player and base stats are kinda secondary), but the averages do show an interesting point in that:

SCI and DIP are fairly poorly represented ... and it just strengthens my opinion that a DIP/SCI/third skill would be very welcome for most average players (like me) ... such as your suggestion above ... I chose MED because Etana already as the two skills with ENG.

The point I was trying to make ... yes there are lots of crew with DIP in their skill combo, so it is often fairly easy to get the lower limit for DIP in voyages no matter what the skill combo is for that voyage.

If I go back to my first post:
    - SCI voyage average did increase with the addition of Mulhall : 882 to 894.
    - CMD and DIP voyage averages took a slight dip : 1035 to 1031 and 951 to 940.
    My next citation projects will be either Prince Bashir or Age of Sail Crusher, so that DIP average will increase again ... but it will be a while before I get there and something more pressing might come up before then.

Because, lastly, why would I cite DIP primary crew, when that is a skill that is constantly power crept? ... I once chose Orion Vina for her DIP base when my top was CD Quark, Mariachi Q was levelled for his DIP base, same with Dancing Uhura, Dancing Chekov, Z. Odo, Chancellor L'Rell, Bartender Tuvok ... citing these crew is like burning Honor ... so if I can get a 4/5 DIP crew by just playing the game like I normally do within just 4 weeks I'm all for it ... unless they are 2-skill ...
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Well, what I don´t get in your request is the following: You kinda badly want a DIP primary, you say you do/can spend between 20 and 40 $ a month, furthermore you have Zhian'tara Odo as 2/5. So why focus so much on getting a power diplomat in a mega?

The Campains are the perfect solution to realize your wishes. In case you do the dailies anyway they are the best offer in the game right now, perfectly fit your budget as well. So, as said, why so much focus on getting your wish in a mega?

Over time I am sure a crew according to your wishes will be a featured Campaign legendary. And even in the remote case that it will not happen the Campaigns are exactly what you need really. You can save up "regular" honor for other projects, use 3 legendary Campain citations in a row to complete Odo. Boom, problem solved, wish granted by own actions, without DB needing to do anything.

Should a further strong diplomat come along in a Mega or the Campains nada a problem. Than you have 2 strong crews in that area. Even if a second complete Odo should come your way that would be good, not bad. Strong DIP base, useful in both Odo and Dax events, so especially for shuttle events a dublicate could not hurt at all, all the contrary.

We all are at different points in the game, have different crew and so different needs. So the best approach to things is an individual and active one. Playing and planning to fulfil our wishes by own means. Which in your case seems quite simply really...
  • Options
    I'd pass on dip as well. That said anything is better then a CMD+SEC crew ..... Eng + MED + SCI in any combo would be a much much better choice for me at least... don't know about the rest
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pass on dip as well. That said anything is better then a CMD+SEC crew ..... Eng + MED + SCI in any combo would be a much much better choice for me at least... don't know about the rest

Pretty sure we can all agree on that

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not in a hurry for DIP primary, but if it were Garak with ENG second and SEC third (maybe that episode where Worf is fighting the Jem'Hadar in hand-to-hand combat and Garak rigs the escape) then I could get behind the DIP primary. Not that I need another Prisoner, but I always want more Garak. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I'm not in a hurry for DIP primary, but if it were Garak with ENG second and SEC third (maybe that episode where Worf is fighting the Jem'Hadar in hand-to-hand combat and Garak rigs the escape) then I could get behind the DIP primary. Not that I need another Prisoner, but I always want more Garak. :)

Man would it be awesome to have some sort of....what would you even call him, Leader of Free Cardassia Garak?? After he takes over from Damar and leads the charge!
  • Options

Remember that the event month legendary has to go with the theme of the mega. Voyager Year of Hell will probably be the next mega. The biggest diplomat on Voyager was Neelix. How about Morale Officer Neelix?
    33lk43ulzhy3.jpg
    Or if people do not like that then maybe a Chakotay as he used Diplomacy on Annorax.
    cpxjau0hq8kg.gif

A Morale Officer Neelix would be terrific, but isn't the whole idea of Timelines that any character can appear pretty much in any event? :)
  • Options
    How about:
    How about new ultimate diplomat? Someone who managed to get Klingons and Federation to sign a treaty.
    Before him there was no Klingon word for "peace-maker" - Riva
    Traits: Scholar, Artist, Diplomat, Peacemaker, Warrior, Royalty, Mediator
    ac4mcb9sgxdy.jpg

Already suggested in Most wanted
    Awesome suggestion! That was a great episode and Riva was so awesome how he managed to continue after his terrible losses.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There you go OP. There’s your Z Odo. Buy him, DYC and you have a big time 5* diplomat immortalized.
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    There you go OP. There’s your Z Odo. Buy him, DYC and you have a big time 5* diplomat immortalized.
    Yeah awesome he is being offered. But now I am like, hmmm, I do not know, I can get a 5/5 for $10 so DB is gonna have to do more for me to get me to buy the 1/5 for $10.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    For newer/VIP0 players, the megas are still helpful stat boosters. I'd love to see a dip primary of the caliber of Rufio, for example, be offered. Despite the strong secondary stats, on my VIP0, I wind up cannibalizing Cornwell and Jol both for the dip skill on shuttle seats, which is a waste of the strong primary. Easel Sato is still my best dip at 1/5, but I'd love to see a mega unseat her.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Not gonna lie, I did buy him. My Zhiantara Odo is now at 3/5, currently in 3rd place base behind Cornwell and Etana Jol. I'm going to use the citation from the campaign event to bring him to 4/5, and then cite him again as soon as I can.

While that was fortunate for me, it doesn't solve the problem. Notice that even for a moderate spender like myself, my top two base dip are Cornwell and Etana Jol. Some of you must see that a lot of players rely on these mega characters to extend their "reach."

Listen, this got out of hand. I was honestly shocked at how, for lack of a better word, self-centered everyone's response was. I'm sorry to say that, but its just how I felt.

But I want to apologize to Banjo, Bylo, Lady GaghGagh, and everyone else who I've been on here with for a long time. I realize I didn't present my argument as objectively as possible in the first post, but I really do feel like I tried to make it more "precise" as the replies mounted.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not gonna lie, I did buy him. My Zhiantara Odo is now at 3/5, currently in 3rd place base behind Cornwell and Etana Jol. I'm going to use the citation from the campaign event to bring him to 4/5, and then cite him again as soon as I can.

While that was fortunate for me, it doesn't solve the problem. Notice that even for a moderate spender like myself, my top two base dip are Cornwell and Etana Jol. Some of you must see that a lot of players rely on these mega characters to extend their "reach."

Listen, this got out of hand. I was honestly shocked at how, for lack of a better word, self-centered everyone's response was. I'm sorry to say that, but its just how I felt.

But I want to apologize to Banjo, Bylo, Lady GaghGagh, and everyone else who I've been on here with for a long time. I realize I didn't present my argument as objectively as possible in the first post, but I really do feel like I tried to make it more "precise" as the replies mounted.

Don’t sweat it. I’m no angel myself and can be intolerable sometimes. Look at it this way, you sparked and exciting, heated conversation. That goes a long way when Monday-Wednesday are STT boring days

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yeah perhaps we were also still in skirmish mode .. fast initialisation hits 400% damage .... boo...oohhhmmm.

Oops wrong web browser
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

33lk43ulzhy3.jpg
    cpxjau0hq8kg.gif

A Morale Officer Neelix would be terrific, but isn't the whole idea of Timelines that any character can appear pretty much in any event? :)

That is indeed the premise. But with a mega event we have come to expect crew to keep to the given theme. The Borg mega and first Disco mega had two themed crew every week, the Klingon and Mirror mega events exclusively had themed crew. The Andorian/Disco mega has at least one of each every week.

That run of themed crew in each part of a mega broke down in the Vulcan/Romulan mega, where we didn’t get any Romulans until week three and only got two new Romulans and one awful existing one for the whole event. People were pretty grumpy about that. Same for the Augment mega: we really only got three new Augments and one was a non-canon crew (plus the whole “Augment” vs. “augmented” debacle started by Roga Danar).

Then there was the “Dominion” mega that was really more of a “Dominion War” mega and the “Hologram” mega was more “Hologram and Holodeck Enthusiast” mega. Since then they have been more in keeping with the themes and as a result the number of disgruntled players has subsided.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

I obviously accept, you had an idea and had the courage to share it with the group, we need more people like you. If I may offer up some learned forum wisdom, we can only control the threads we start when we start them, once they are published they become living entities with a mind their own, and we as creators can no longer control how they grow and develop. I learned that the hard way, and I accept my role in your having learned that this time.

For what it is worth, good work WAS done in this thread and is still being done in this thread :)
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I joked in a previous thread that we may see Security Officer Neelix as the Month of Hell mega crew, but he may actually work as a DIP/ENG/SEC (yes, that order)