Home The Bridge

Competition

13»

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »
    If there are other VIP 0 questions that I can answer, please let me know.

How strictly is the VIP 0 guideline enforced? For example, if somebody were to say hit VIP 4 but then switch to F2P, is that allowed? I am honestly curious, because I think an argument could be made for either outcome.

VIP0 is VIP0, no shades of grey there imho. Other§ means F2P which u can switch to whenever you feel like, and it reaches from VIP0/1 till VIP14). ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

How strictly is the VIP 0 guideline enforced? For example, if somebody were to say hit VIP 4 but then switch to F2P, is that allowed? I am honestly curious, because I think an argument could be made for either outcome.

VIP0 is VIP0, no shades of grey there imho. Other§ means F2P which u can switch to whenever you feel like, and it reaches from VIP0/1 till VIP14). ;)

This is exactly right. I'm VIP 12, and it took me over two years of slow, low spending to get there. And I've accrued lots of benefits over time from that spending. Occasionally the budget gets tight and I go F2P for a month or two, but I can never go back to being VIP0 unless I start a new account.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

I realize this was directed at @Stellar Ice about their fleet, but I wanted to chime in and share how it was explained to me on the old forum when I joined. Your hypothetical VIP 4 player can rightly claim to be F2P today and as long as they refrain from spending. But they aren't VIP 0, which is--for lack of a better term--a purer state. Obviously, for a lot of VIP 0 players, it's just a matter of the game not mattering enough to them to spend actual money. For the genuinely competitive ones, though, VIP 0 is often a matter of pride.
  • Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn’t imagine a world without warp10

And I can't imagine a world with warp 10. Lol. Funny how our perspectives differ. I guess you can't miss what you never had. I'm just glad to have warp 1. I started playing back in the days where I had to run all missions manually. That was brutal.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your hypothetical VIP 4 player can rightly claim to be F2P today and as long as they refrain from spending.

A VIP 2 would still have 10 extra crew slots. Not huge and VIP0 have access to dilithium now but for a faction or expedition event the difference could be significant.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my defense, this is why I asked the question:

s97l57hk1hay.jpg
  • Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my defense, this is why I asked the question:

s97l57hk1hay.jpg

Fair enough. I will clear that up. That's reminant from the days VIP 0 and F2P were synonymous. When that was no longer the case, we had to have to rename ourselves. Thanks ByloBand.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ