Home The Bridge

Month of Hell Determined Janeway

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one am super glad to have a future Voyage engineer with so many great traits.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I for one am super glad to have a future Voyage engineer with so many great traits.

I quipped in the event thread about the irony of Janeway being trapped on voyages due to those traits and Eng skill, in a perpetual time loop of the same 8 hours completing the same pool of dilemmas. Braxton would have enjoyed that.

Well, she destroyed 25 years of people's lives when she went back in time in Endgame, she kinda deserves it!

But yea, I often find that my two Engineering slots on Voyages don't get the trait bonus, unless it's Brutal (Ru'afo) or one of the Caretaker's traits.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Determined Janeway will be my #2 base ENG after Ahdar Ru'afo. She should see consistent use in Voyages and/or shuttles as well as future events. But I'm most excited about her being a Jury Rigger!
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Yay! Engineering primary! Though (not a complaint), but is it just me or has DB gone alittle overboard with the ENG/SEC pairing the past few weeks
    Delta Flyer Torres
    Conditioned La Forge
    Resilient Tuvok
    Determined Janeway

Janeway is almost a clone of Torres.

I recently immortalised Delta Flyer Torres for her Eng skill in voyages, along with Ru'afo and Etana they make and excellent Eng team. I am still very happy for another decent Eng, which will give me about 7100 eng between them.

I would like to see a decent scientist or two soon, possibly sci/med/??? or sci/eng/???
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Determined Janeway will be my #2 base ENG after Ahdar Ru'afo. She should see consistent use in Voyages and/or shuttles as well as future events. But I'm most excited about her being a Jury Rigger!

With Ru'afo and Etana Jol, Determined Janeway isn't a huge game-changer. The SEC secondary is good for me, since I didn't cite any of the recent ENG/SEC legendaries. Her voyage total, Jury Rigger trait, and Janeway variant are the reasons that I will cite her.
    Farewell 🖖
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty disappointed that she isn't a Com primary. Not only would it have made sense for the captain to have this trait as her primary, but there hasn't been a Com primary Mega since Mirror Picard (Dec 2017). This has really upset my legendary citation plans.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

With Ru'afo and Etana Jol, Determined Janeway isn't a huge game-changer. The SEC secondary is good for me, since I didn't cite any of the recent ENG/SEC legendaries. Her voyage total, Jury Rigger trait, and Janeway variant are the reasons that I will cite her.

It'll be nice to add Janeway to an ENG primary Voyage, though she won't be especially helpful for an ENG/SCI Voyage, which is easily the strongest secondary skill combo for me to staff. Still, she'll bolster SEC on that one, and with enough RNG luck, that can buy a few more minutes that might make the difference between reaching one last dilemma.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's a legendary jury rigger I'll be able to fully fuse with only one citation. Fantastic!
    6x9fc80xovnm.gif

Let’s fly!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I know what you mean - I’ve got six engineers with bases over 1200, plus Mirror Cochrane and the Banjoman...I haven’t been hurting for voyage ENG for almost a year now. More traits will help, as will a different secondary skill from my other ENG aces and the obvious collection/Janeway benefits.

I know what you mean - I’ve got six engineers with bases over 1200, plus Mirror Cochrane and the Banjoman...I haven’t been hurting for voyage ENG for almost a year now. More traits will help, as will a different secondary skill from my other ENG aces and the obvious collection/Janeway benefits.
    Hmm, idk about you but I have no 5/5 eng-sec or even 4/5 eng-sec people for engineering-security combo voyages. I have some 1/5's and I have a 5/5 Spider Barclay who is sci-eng-sec. I can finish this Janeway then buy packs for the resilient tuvok or aviator yar if she appears in a discount pack and do well.
    Let’s fly!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, idk about you but I have no 5/5 eng-sec or even 4/5 eng-sec people for engineering-security combo voyages. I have some 1/5's and I have a 5/5 Spider Barclay who is sci-eng-sec. I can finish this Janeway then buy packs for the resilient tuvok or aviator yar if she appears in a discount pack and do well.

I don't have strong ENG/SEC crew, but with Kol, Thrax, and Leland, I'm not hurting for SEC. Add that to Ru'afo, Caretaker, and Etana, and there's just a little bit left to fill in. It's not that I'm stacked with the combo so much as the individual primaries.
    Farewell 🖖
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She’ll be my 4th highest ENG once cited so not going to complain at all.

But hey I could use some SCI...hint hint DB.

I don't have strong ENG/SEC crew, but with Kol, Thrax, and Leland, I'm not hurting for SEC. Add that to Ru'afo, Caretaker, and Etana, and there's just a little bit left to fill in. It's not that I'm stacked with the combo so much as the individual primaries.

For long voyages you have to maximize everything and use as many primary secondary combo people as possible.
    Let’s fly!
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Love the art, the stats. Awesome addition by DB. Finally a mega event character who is not only decent, but a legit variant of a Captain.

*looks at muscles Picard*
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I'll be set for ENG/SEC/CMD till the Earth falls into the sun.

I'm two short of the Jury Rigger collection. Janeway will be one, EV Archer (currently 2/5) will likely be the other. Working on Jury Rigger also required me to finish Boxer Tucker, North Star Tucker and RAF O'Brien. Throw in Borg Queen, Ru'afo, Saboteur Garak and Delta Paris for handy-man flavour.

I remember when Voyages were released just about any ENG Voyage was almost guaranteed to not last 8 hours.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need more Jury Riggers, Veterans, and Engineers so I'm quite happy.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't notice the veteran. Do you suppose that will put her in the Valor in Combat collection as well?
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't notice the veteran. Do you suppose that will put her in the Valor in Combat collection as well?

I just checked and she's in there.
    Yep veteran trait will be quite helpful for many as well. I appreciate DB listening.
    Let’s fly!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to her, even though she'll knock some of the shine of my fairly brand spanking new immortal DF Torres that I spent 100K honor on. ;) She should be a very solid addition to most if not all rosters.
    Looking forward to her, even though she'll knock some of the shine of my fairly brand spanking new immortal DF Torres that I spent 100K honor on. ;) She should be a very solid addition to most if not all rosters.
    Two eng-sec crew are better than one. Double the voyage score and triple the fun.
    Let’s fly!

Yeah, that’s what I was going for with my last comment...out of my 5/5* engineers, Janeway would represent a new primary/secondary skill combo that I currently paper over by mixing in my top security officers on voyages.

Ru’afo, RAF O’Brien, DF Paris - ENG/COM
    White Rabbit - ENG/MED
    Etana Jol, Grand Nagus Rom - ENG/DIP
    Protomorphosis Barclay, Mirror Cochrane, Leonardo, Caretaker - ENG/SCI

I have to go down to my 2/5* Saboteur Garak, 1/5* Resilient Tuvok, or 1/5* TP Chakotay to find crew with ENG and SEC as their top two skills in either order. Although I don’t have any trouble hitting 8 hours on ENG/SEC voyages even during events, Janeway will be a very helpful addition indeed.

Yeah, that’s what I was going for with my last comment...out of my 5/5* engineers, Janeway would represent a new primary/secondary skill combo that I currently paper over by mixing in my top security officers on voyages.

Ru’afo, RAF O’Brien, DF Paris - ENG/COM
    White Rabbit - ENG/MED
    Etana Jol, Grand Nagus Rom - ENG/DIP
    Protomorphosis Barclay, Mirror Cochrane, Leonardo, Caretaker - ENG/SCI

I have to go down to my 2/5* Saboteur Garak, 1/5* Resilient Tuvok, or 1/5* TP Chakotay to find crew with ENG and SEC as their top two skills in either order. Although I don’t have any trouble hitting 8 hours on ENG/SEC voyages even during events, Janeway will be a very helpful addition indeed.
    Yep, she rocks.
    Let’s fly!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Janeway is great, but she isn't telling me how well she responds to threats.

ushmq0b61p00.jpg

You officially get my vote for winning the internet today.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Janeway is great, but she isn't telling me how well she responds to threats.

I'm happy not to hear her grating voice.

I'm happy not to hear her grating voice.

You still play with the sound on?
  • If I am at home I play with sound, anywhere else I dont.