Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Time Tsunami - 06/20 - ME part 3

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eng/Med/Sci is my guess.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eng/Med/Sec is my guess.
    Let’s fly!
  • I’m hoping for Jett to have the Trifecta (Eng/Sci/Med) with Eng as primary. Also, preferably with good Gauntlet capability as well as decent bases and at least mediocre to good voyage potential. They can nerf the ship ability if they have to have something bad about her.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eng/Med/Sec is my guess.

If this really is the Stranded Reno version rather than Chewing Gum Technician Reno, Bug Zapper Reno, Acid Trip Reno, or Time Crystal Acid Trip Reno, this skill set seems most appropriate. I’d also believe it in that exact order; while MED was clearly a major skill, keeping what was left of the ship going as well as building the drones suggests ENG should be primary.
    edited June 2019
    Eng/Med/Sec is my guess.

If this really is the Stranded Reno version rather than Chewing Gum Technician Reno, Bug Zapper Reno, Acid Trip Reno, or Time Crystal Acid Trip Reno, this skill set seems most appropriate. I’d also believe it in that exact order; while MED was clearly a major skill, keeping what was left of the ship going as well as building the drones suggests ENG should be primary.
    And that her medical stemmed from her engineering and jury rigging skills.
    Let’s fly!
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Maybe DB will match her card to her character and we can all be disappointed.
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    She'll just show up randomly or whatever.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eng/Med/Sec is my guess.

I'd be down with ENG/MED/SEC. Hopefully she's a solid jury rigger - would determine where my next set of citations goes, because I've been leaning toward the White Rabbit for his killer ENG/MED combo.
    robownage wrote: »
    Eng/Med/Sec is my guess.

I'd be down with ENG/MED/SEC. Hopefully she's a solid jury rigger - would determine where my next set of citations goes, because I've been leaning toward the White Rabbit for his killer ENG/MED combo.

She has to be a jury rigger. We learned she jury rigged like crazy in episode one of season 2. If she is not a jury rigger then no one is.
    Let’s fly!
    robownage wrote: »
    Eng/Med/Sec is my guess.

Unquestioned Jury Rigger. I’ll help pass out the torches and pitchforks if she isn’t.

Also, White Rabbit is pretty magical (ha) when FF:

7ctqlwzrpsvd.png
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I’m hoping for Jett to have the Trifecta (Eng/Sci/Med) with Eng as primary. Also, preferably with good Gauntlet capability as well as decent bases and at least mediocre to good voyage potential. They can nerf the ship ability if they have to have something bad about her.

Sounds like you’re ordering a pizza with exactly the toppings you want on it

And I didn’t get an awesome for it?! Gasp! For shame!
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t it be funny if her skills were com sec dip

I mean she was a commander created defensive drones and she certainly had a diplomatic way of things 😂

I think this, combined with other posts make a legitimate case for the first 6-skill crew.
    Farewell 🖖
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I was kind of hoping her to be called "Stranded Jett Reno", to fit the theme of the month ,and to make sure we get that Medical she deserves.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I'm going to be traveling for vacation the next two weekends, so these are likely to be a minimal-activity events for me. Don't think I'm going to miss much, though.
    edited June 2019
    Yikes, Beloved Annorax takes so many science experiments to lvl up. It would be nice if they had a higer percentage of dropping.
    Let’s fly!
    I was kind of hoping her to be called "Stranded Jett Reno", to fit the theme of the month ,and to make sure we get that Medical she deserves.

Yeah... This could be her in a turbolift or the mess hall or any number of innane or generic things.
    (I'm not spoilering that because almost everyone on Star Trek does those things.
    Farewell 🖖
    Agreed, but at least since DB did not call her "Commander Jett Reno" she should not have command. She should have eng and med and be a jury rigger. If she does not she will be a huge disappointment.
    Let’s fly!
    Agreed, but at least since DB did not call her "Commander Jett Reno" she should not have command. She should have eng and med and be a jury rigger. If she does not she will be a huge disappointment.

Every version of Jett should have Jury Rigger. Hopefully that doesn't become an issue.
    Farewell 🖖

Every version of Jett should have Jury Rigger. Hopefully that doesn't become an issue.
    We will know Wednesday.
    Let’s fly!
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I like how DB is really sticking to the Mega Event theme on this one.

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Technically she was already a chief engineer when they met her. EDIT: Actually, was she? I can't confirm.

Technically she was already a chief engineer when they met her. EDIT: Actually, was she? I can't confirm.
    Acting chief engineer at the very least. :D
    Farewell 🖖
    edited June 2019
    She was a commander and she was an engineer. It was likely she was the chief engineer on her ship due to her rank and engineering skills but I do not think that it was stated one way or the other.
    Let’s fly!
    She was a commander and she was an engineer. It was likely she was the chief engineer on her ship due to her rank and engineering skills but I do not think that it was stated one way or the other.

Agreed. Her rank of commander would be very strange if she wasn’t chief engineer aboard the Hiawatha, given that Scotty was Enterprise’s chief engineer (and the ship’s second officer) as a lieutenant commander. It stands to reason that Reno took that same job from whatever unnamed chief engineer was previously aboard Discovery, as she probably had her pick of assignments after her rescue and Stamets wasn’t ever shown to be in charge of or indeed have anything at all to do with main engineering.

Agreed. Her rank of commander would be very strange if she wasn’t chief engineer aboard the Hiawatha, given that Scotty was Enterprise’s chief engineer (and the ship’s second officer) as a lieutenant commander. It stands to reason that Reno took that same job from whatever unnamed chief engineer was previously aboard Discovery, as she probably had her pick of assignments after her rescue and Stamets wasn’t ever shown to be in charge of or indeed have anything at all to do with main engineering.
    The other possibility is that she was an engineer who then became a commander and was mainly doing command duties on her ship but then she would have continued in command which she did not.
    Let’s fly!

The other possibility is that she was an engineer who then became a commander and was mainly doing command duties on her ship but then she would have continued in command which she did not.

I guess I can see that - if she was first officer on the Hiawatha it would explain the rank and between her wife dying and ten months of being stuck on a wreck with only people in comas to talk to could certainly explain her demeanor (which isn’t necessarily becoming of command track officers). I wonder if we’ll learn any more of her back story and finally put these questions to rest?