Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Time Tsunami - 06/20 - ME part 3

Comments

• V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    hmm, well, gee.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    Get the pitchforks ready: looks like Reno only has ENG and SCI (but she at least has Jury Rigger).

Not only that, but it looks like they've turned her into a man?!?

tkfu4wk7gr25.png

Doctor Hibbert: It's a boy, Mister Simpson.
    Homer: And what a boy!
    Doctor Hibbert: That is the umbilical cord, Mister Simpson.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    New 2*, Injured Torres. Free Jury Rigger!

Thanx. I got blanks for those two Threshold Spots.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Only DB can truly DB like DB.

On the other hand, everyone who makes 130,000 VXP will get a new FF "Instantly Deals 200% Damage" Purple.

• Banjo1012 wrote: »
    No it’s not. It’s a real cat

Nope. It’s CGI; Cat Generated Image.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
    Flemming wrote: »
    Holy Trait count Batman!
    2* Injured Torres has ten Traits, that's the most of any 2*. (Promoted Sisko and Recovering Spock have nine)
    It's also more than any 3* (Ambassador Neelix, Hockey Paris, Jazz Riker, Red Shirt Khan, and Talos Spock have eight)

Smoke and mirrors. Trying to distract us from lighting the pitchforks and sharpening the torches by making a great 2*!!!!!

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone at DB, probably: “We’re making too much money, let’s make sure only the truly desperate or motivated buy packs or try for rank in this event.”

On the flip side, it means I don’t have to go past the 130k or maybe 160k threshold in a Galaxy event. That’s always welcome.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Holy Trait count Batman!
    2* Injured Torres has ten Traits, that's the most of any 2*. (Promoted Sisko and Recovering Spock have nine)
    It's also more than any 3* (Ambassador Neelix, Hockey Paris, Jazz Riker, Red Shirt Khan, and Talos Spock have eight)

Another fun fact, this means that Torres is the 8th character to have a card for each rarity.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the fact that she is sitting probably means if she is on your bridge crew, you will just see her hairline?

I too, am sad Jett only has 2 Skills. I will probably just try next week's event to pull her in a pack, rather than expend my chrons.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure we'll get Stranded Jett Reno eventually, but I am disappointed we aren't getting an ENG/MED this week. (Although I suspect I wouldn't have had a real shot of getting her.)

And personally I'm glad to have the opportunity to FF my one star Stamets. Hitting rank 3000 is far more feasible for me than 1500.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • I don't want to be negative as I usually roll my eyes at all the moaning on here, but this event is a bit **tsk tsk**. The 5*, both 4* and the (new!) 2* are all 2 skillers.

I play this game to collect all the cards (as much as is feasible as aside from the Spock campaign moment of weakness I'm FTP), but aside from that I've no interest in any of these.

Hopefully I can minimum effort it into the top 2500 to get both 4* in the freezer and **tsk tsk** to Reno.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeldoow wrote: »
    I don't want to be negative as I usually roll my eyes at all the moaning on here, but this event is a bit **tsk tsk**. The 5*, both 4* and the (new!) 2* are all 2 skillers.

I play this game to collect all the cards (as much as is feasible as aside from the Spock campaign moment of weakness I'm FTP), but aside from that I've no interest in any of these.

Hopefully I can minimum effort it into the top 2500 to get both 4* in the freezer and **tsk tsk** to Reno.

On the plus side, the bad Reno stats means less people will compete and it will be easier to get top 2500.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janeway and out, baby, yeah!
  • Yep it stinks. She should have med as her third trait. DB intentionally made her not Stranded Jett Reno to not give her med and then intentionally gave her only two skills. Most times there is a card people want DB will take a dump on their stats. Glad I bought a few Neelix packs before he left cause I will not be buying these. Poor move DB. And for those that say, but hey, her engineering is high at 1301, everyone who played got 4/5 Ru'afo and his engineering stat is 1362. Just another two skill jury rigger only the whales will get to 5/5 so the jurry rigger collection will remain unfinished for most people.

Even for DB this is tasteless and bad

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Yep it stinks. She should have med as her third trait. DB intentionally made her not Stranded Jett Reno to not give her med and then intentionally gave her only two skills. Most times there is a card people want DB will take a dump on their stats. Glad I bought a few Neelix packs before he left cause I will not be buying these. Poor move DB. And for those that say, but hey, her engineering is high at 1301, everyone who played got 4/5 Ru'afo and his engineering stat is 1362. Just another two skill jury rigger only the whales will get to 5/5 so the jurry rigger collection will remain unfinished for most people.

I'm not following this, @(HGH) Apollo. Two skills or three, she's still a 5* being circulated like a 5*. She was never going to be an easy plug for the Jury Rigger Collection for most players.

On the plus side, there's the new 2* Injured Torres who will be an easy plug for all of us--and she's sitting low enough that she has potential for plenty of Bridge Crew shenanigans!
    Multiple legendaries are needed to finish the jury rigger collection and many of the legendary jury riggers are two-skill or pack only which makes finishing that collection extremely difficult. A two-skill legendary person is not the worth the investment of dilithium or honor to finish them to get them to count towards the collection. Most of us have to utilize our limited honor and dilithium judicIously. I cannot justify the cost of immortalizing a two skill legendary and I doubt many others can either. If Jett Reno had had good medical she would have been worth the cost. For myself, I am seven people short of finishing that jury rigger collection. With the Janeway and Torres from this event month I will be at 5. I was planning on immortalizing Jett Reno but I cannot justify the expense of limited dilithium/honor resources on her now. Of the legendary jury riggers that have three skills many of them are weak or pack only. I doubt I and many others will ever finish that collection. Certainly not for a very very very long time.
    Let’s fly!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep it stinks. She should have med as her third trait. DB intentionally made her not Stranded Jett Reno to not give her med and then intentionally gave her only two skills. Most times there is a card people want DB will take a dump on their stats. Glad I bought a few Neelix packs before he left cause I will not be buying these. Poor move DB. And for those that say, but hey, her engineering is high at 1301, everyone who played got 4/5 Ru'afo and his engineering stat is 1362. Just another two skill jury rigger only the whales will get to 5/5 so the jurry rigger collection will remain unfinished for most people.

I'm not following this, @(HGH) Apollo. Two skills or three, she's still a 5* being circulated like a 5*. She was never going to be an easy plug for the Jury Rigger Collection for most players.

On the plus side, there's the new 2* Injured Torres who will be an easy plug for all of us--and she's sitting low enough that she has potential for plenty of Bridge Crew shenanigans!
    Yes I see the jury rigger torres 2*. I had not seen her before and it is good DB included her. But many of the legendary jury riggers are two-skill or pack only which makes finishing that collection extremely difficult. A two-skill legendary person is not the worth the investment of dilithium or honor to finish them to get them to count towards the collection. Not if you are not a whale. I am seven people short of finishing that jury rigger collection. With the Janeway and Torres from this event month I will be at 5. I was planning on immortalizing Jett Reno but I cannot justify the expense of limited dilithium/honor resources on her now. I doubt I will ever finish that collection. Certainly not for a very very very long time.

I'm in the same boat as you. But at least the new Torres and Mega-Janeway will get us a little closer . . .
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    edited June 2019
    True, but disappointing. That collection is insanely difficult to finish.

8ihiyaiyfciy.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    True, but disappointing. That collection is insanely difficult to finish.

Not anymore though with the Janeway mega and 2* Torres ... we also got one of the 5*s for free (EV Suit Archer) ... so everybody has easy access to 23 of 25 ... then there's one 4* not in the portal yet (Smuggler Yates) so that makes 24 in August?

The main problem with the collection is that the 5* crew needed to complete it are mostly a bit on the bland side ... I cited RAF O'Brien up to immortal status but some of the other 5*s I have are not so appealing (e.g. EV Suit Archer and North Star Tucker) ... so it is often a case of choosing another one of the choices in a 5* Behold (like I recently did when I had Duelist Torres come up ... meh, pass).
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay we got a "free" 2* jury rigger AND a 4/4 Diplomat, so one for each of those collections! is this the most collection-friendly event since the one when we got Borg Troi?

I was hoping to get a last star on Beardo o'brien at some point but unless he shows up next week, maybe he'll get my next 4* cite...Mr. Stamets, thank you in advance for your sacrifice toward that next star!
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay we got a "free" 2* jury rigger AND a 4/4 Diplomat, so one for each of those collections! is this the most collection-friendly event since the one when we got Borg Troi?

I was hoping to get a last star on Beardo o'brien at some point but unless he shows up next week, maybe he'll get my next 4* cite...Mr. Stamets, thank you in advance for your sacrifice toward that next star!

The new Torres is also an innovator.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Col. O'NeillCol. O'Neill ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Injured Torres...
    Is this the Torres that was going through pon farr cause a Vulcan going through pon farr had scratched her? That was a weird episode.
    Let’s fly!
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the Torres that was going through pon farr cause a Vulcan going through pon farr had scratched her? That was a weird episode.

But better than the Angel I episode.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought at first this is the one she crashes a shuttle and encounters the alien Shakespeare guy
    "Muse", where we got Layna from.

But looking further I thinks it's from "Extreme RIsk", where she disables the Holodeck safeties partaking in careless repelling in a cave, as I recall, and gets injuries similar to the ones on this character card.

That's really the only pictorial reference I found.

97anjsyar2by.png

Extreme Risk:
    bpgfeov9q8y5.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    there was also an episode when she was injured by a hologram that she and the doctor were trying to help repair his ship when his crew "died" (he murdered). don't know if she was in this position though in that episode.
  • She was hurt in year of hell with Harry in the turbolift, she broke her leg and accumulated other injuries