Home The Bridge
Options

Looking for some opinions

Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in The Bridge
I have 1 unused Legendary citation and enough honor for 5 more, or 6 total. Now the 64k dilithium question: who gets them? I'm asking for opinions on which of my not fully fused Legendaries should be the lucky recipients.

4/5*
rzg8h7s5x2y8.png

3/5*
akvtkvg41ng4.png

2/5*
Desperate Janeway has already been cited. I forgot to remove her from the line-up
cxl1aqvwyj7i.png
45mt92thqgix.png
o53tnda9v8ca.png

1/5*
emdb1bcpgu1c.png
zgy9s5gxj1rm.png
wcnri8xogrou.png
jq2b47p45qvu.png
hvk865d45w79.png
y1jn9ukp9h87.png

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leyland Burnham and Cornwell for sure
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delta Paris is great too, but you could leave at least 1 star open, as he's been in events and would be a threshold reward the next time its re-run.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    FO Burnham for sure. Probably also Cornwell. Others depend a little on who you already have immortalized. If you're needing more Med, Dr. Katharine Pulaski is an all-star, too.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    It greatly depends on your current roster, but off the top of my head I'd be looking at Cornwell, Burnham, Assimilated Hawk, Professor Sato, Humbled Archer, Warship EMA, DF Paris, Mirror Stamets, Bridge Officer Number One, Gladiator Spock, High Roller Sisko, Science Officer Spock, Survivalist Kirk, Dr. Culber, Dr. Pulaski, Determined Janeway and 5 of 12 as possible candidates. Since your Cornwell is 4/5 she's an easy choice IMO as is Burnham.
  • Options
    Leaving a star open, also to avoid all-FF Begolds, has also crossed my mind, since that has happened to me.

I have Darth Bashir, Alternate Future Bashir and Mobile Doctor immortalized but always seem to come up short on medical for Voyages, primarily because of the shortage of crew that fill other slots but which have a good medical as well. I do have immortalized DaVinci and 5* Troi which help, but...
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    You've got some MED voyage all stars (plus good shuttle bases too) there in Cornwell, Warship EMA and Pulaski.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwell and the EMA seem like obvious choices. More for MED voyages than any other skill, filling non-MED slots with strong MED-primary crew is necessary for long durations - being able to slot Darth Bashir and Cornwell into DIP slots, Mobile Doc and AF Bashir into SCI slots, and Warship EMA into a SEC slot really helps.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It greatly depends on your current roster, but off the top of my head I'd be looking at Cornwell, Burnham, Assimilated Hawk, Professor Sato, Humbled Archer, Warship EMA, DF Paris, Mirror Stamets, Bridge Officer Number One, Gladiator Spock, High Roller Sisko, Science Officer Spock, Survivalist Kirk, Dr. Culber, Dr. Pulaski, Determined Janeway and 5 of 12 as possible candidates. Since your Cornwell is 4/5 she's an easy choice IMO as is Burnham.

giphy.gif

Yup yup yup yup yup

I'd omit DF Paris and Culber even though I could make a compelling argument for them and add Toni Braxton, Krenim Paris, and Solar Sisko to the mix. There are a lot of crew within a few percentage points of each other who offer different things and love of character is a great tiebreaker when you have a wealth of options.

Gun to head I finish Burnham and 3 on EMA without question...maybe pocket the other 2 for now. Cornwell is fantastic and deserves to be 5/5 on your roster sooner or later, just depends on whether you want to make it now or hope to get lucky down the line.
  • Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    I’d give 2 each to Prof Sato, Hawk and Warship EMA - but that’s because I won’t cite someone from 4/5 to 5/5!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case it's of any help, here are the next few events in line to be replayed. The schema had been to run a replay the week after a Mega-Event, though it's worth noting that they've upped that to also a replay the week before each of the last two Mega-Events. Those were five week intervals, though, so there isn't enough data to reasonably even try to guess along with whether that will be the new normal or if it just reflected that extra week.

FACTION
    04-20-2017 "The Big Sting" - Gangster Kirk
    06-15-2017 "The Triskelion Tournament" - Sheriff of Nottingham Q

GALAXY
    01-26-2017 "Endgame" - The Traveler
    03-30-2017 "Gods and Masters" - Durango Troi

HYBRID FACTION/GALAXY
    04-13-2017 "The Falcon Falls" - Mintakan Riker
    06-22-2017 "Guiding Principles" - Commander Kira Nerys
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Cite Commander Burnham and Prisoner Cornwell now. For the rest wait till Wednesday and we see what Jett Reno's stats are. She very well could be an excellent contender for multiple citations. Past that I would add citations to Commander Burnham and Cornwell. Professor Sato has the highest individual skill stat in game and with full starbase and cryo bonuses can have a diplomacy of 1744. That is the same as if you had a bonus event related crew with diplomacy stat of 872 in every event. I would wait till Wednesday and see if Jett Reno is great, if not do Commander Burnham, Cornwell, and Professor Sato.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed that you had Warship EMA. Cite him as quickly as possible. He's fantastic.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's a lot of legendaries.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB needs to add more Garak and Lorca. That's off topic, but I just clicked the thread to drop my opinion. ;)
    But on topic... Burnham, Cornwell, then keep the other four and see if you want to use them on Reno. If not, refer to other posts. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornwell, EMA, and High Roller Sisko are among my best, but then, I don't have half as much as you.

Others didn't say it or I missed, but of all the choices, I would first get Professor Sato up. She is amazing in voyages and shuttles.
  • Options
    Burnham, Cornwell, and either Kol or Thrax. Save 100k honor
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    [*] Bagels are overrated. (Except maybe with a good salmon schmear.)
    You clearly live outside of New York...

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    "Looking for some opinions"

Happy to be of service. Here's a bunch of 'em for you, totally free of charge!

[list=3]
    [*] What's the deal with roundabouts? I mean, c'mon. Y'all know what I'm saying, right? Of course you do.
    [/list]

Hope that helps. ✌

Yes, this helps. My friends and I were discussing this at some length. Basically, they are an over priced safety mechanism. Statistically, they are more safe in most categories involving death or injury. But frickin' annoying. It reminds me of the southern US saying: the juice ain't worth the squeeze.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited June 2019

[list=3]
    [*] What's the deal with roundabouts? I mean, c'mon. Y'all know what I'm saying, right? Of course you do.
    [/list]

Hope that helps. ✌

Yes, this helps. My friends and I were discussing this at some length. Basically, they are an over priced safety mechanism. Statistically, they are more safe in most categories involving death or injury. But frickin' annoying. It reminds me of the southern US saying: the juice ain't worth the squeeze.
    Except most drivers are not familiar with roundabouts and do not know exactly what to do while on them. In addition, visibility is much lower than a straight road as you cannot see ahead very well. You have to look as you go around but also be looking far to the side as well. My city took a straight road that was a main thoroughfare and put in a roundabout to look fancy and fender-bender accidents have gone up exponentially on that road as a result. But it is not all bad because it does look fancy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I would wait till Wednesday and see if Jett Reno is great, if not do Commander Burnham, Cornwell, and Professor Sato.

I agree with this, but I would just cite Burnham and Cornwell straight away (they will be very useful, both on voyages and shuttles) and save the remaining honor until Wednesday.
    Apart from Burnham and Cornwell, you have lots of good 1/5* and 2/5* (and Delta Flyer Paris is also quite useful) so who to cite next will depend on which skills you want to boost and what you care most about (voyages, shuttles, possibly also arena battles...).

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burnham is great, I was lucky enough to get her from one of the 'best chance' packs and she regularly features on my voyages and shuttles.

Has anyone mentioned Killy? She is a great skirmish card and if you pull another one you can always have two.

My final vote would be Warship EMA. Hes a strong MED card.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Wow, that's a lot of legendaries.

Maybe so, but it's at the point where I can't get more cards because I don't have and can't afford more crew slots. I still say it's idiotic to have a business model that discourages customers from buying more product.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto: Burnham, Cornwell, EMA, with Delta Paris next
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    Do you tend to go for top 1500 in skirmishes? If you do, I think the most useful single character I have at 5/5 is my Rura Penthe Commandant. Having commandant or killy at 5/5 makes your skirmish battles last 4 seconds. Maybe 5 on average. Has already saved me so much time tapping. Dkora Krayton, Ardra, Commandant, Killy, irrelevant event crew. 4 second skirmish battles.
  • Options

[list=3]
    [/list]

Hope that helps. ✌

Except most drivers are not familiar with roundabouts and do not know exactly what to do while on them. In addition, visibility is much lower than a straight road as you cannot see ahead very well. You have to look as you go around but also be looking far to the side as well. My city took a straight road that was a main thoroughfare and put in a roundabout to look fancy and fender-bender accidents have gone up exponentially on that road as a result. But it is not all bad because it does look fancy.

The fender-bender accidents are costly. That's part of why I consider them to be too expensive. The reasons you listed, like low visibility actually contribute to safety because driver's react by slowing down. This graph contains stats from insurance companies and can be found on the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website if you search "roundabout statistics"
    3o3ydz5s1h3m.png

And that is why I (grudgingly) had to admit that roundabouts are more safe. But... I still hate them and think that they cost too much.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    And yet I have seen people drive 60 mph on a road into a fog bank with zero visibility. I am not sure everyone slows down when visibilty diminishes.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shortly after learning to drive Standard in a war zone in an old truck, I went to visit London, England with a manual rental car. Entering and exiting London had a series of roundabouts in a row, and the traffic flow outside of rush hour was absolutely fantastic. I only had to stop IF there were cars coming, not because of some arbitrary streetlight timing that has nothing to do with traffic.

Don't blame roundabouts for people being bad drivers. The problem is poor driving skills in North America and unfamiliarity with the roundabouts which would only improve with using them (aka having them exist). Ultimately with the self-important attitude of many drivers regardless of ability, I think people's stubborn refusal to follow rules and cooperate means we really need automated cars.
  • Options
    Shortly after learning to drive Standard in a war zone in an old truck, I went to visit London, England with a manual rental car. Entering and exiting London had a series of roundabouts in a row, and the traffic flow outside of rush hour was absolutely fantastic. I only had to stop IF there were cars coming, not because of some arbitrary streetlight timing that has nothing to do with traffic.

Don't blame roundabouts for people being bad drivers. The problem is poor driving skills in North America and unfamiliarity with the roundabouts which would only improve with using them (aka having them exist). Ultimately with the self-important attitude of many drivers regardless of ability, I think people's stubborn refusal to follow rules and cooperate means we really need automated cars.

Look what you started, @Data1001 . :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in a town with a four way stop light. It was the first light put up here. And to this day, I regularly have to sit and point from one driver to the next because left to their own devices, they'd have no idea whose turn it was. Roundabouts may or may not be efficient or clever or whatever, but I can tell you for certain that they're way too ambitious for communities like mine.

And to bring this back on topic, since we've diverged onto a transportation tangent, I propose that you cite Delta Flyer Paris, @CaptainSushi.