Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Run Rampant - 07/25

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Run Rampant
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Dr. Pollard 5* (New), Young T'Pau 4* (New), and Gorn Captain 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 07/25 until Monday 07/29 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Loken (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 08/01.

Event Faction: Klingon Empire, Federation, Ferengi Alliance

Bonus crew::
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: crew with the exobiology trait.

Comments

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Loken, from the VOY Episode "Nightingale" :

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Loken

ld2mo5ve0pl0.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um hate to be that guy but it’s T’Pol
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    So, Loken is a gold because he was played by Ron Glass,, yes? Because I legitimately don't remember his character at all.

I'm also curious as to how he would fit into a Q Continuum mega, unless it won't start until the second weekend in August.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

The lady from The Forge in Enterprise, as well as the old lady from the Pon Farr Kal-I-Fee in TOS:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/T'Pau

wgqhkrmv7tmq.jpg

k6pmcx4lz01k.jpg

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

The old lady from the Pon Farr Kal-I-Fee in TOS:

Oh wow! I had no idea they were the same person. Guessing she will be a cultural figure since she became the Vulcan leader

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    robownage wrote: »
    Yay for T'Pau being in the game!
    I wonder which version though. TOS or Enterprise. I hope TOS cause that version has a cooler outfit.

eb7ujhcg0334.jpg

sgacm6118x2g.jpg

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    No. Just another Vulcan who goes on turn down a seat down on the federation council. Also performed the kolinar for Spock.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Surely the "Young" version was not yet a cultural figure:

haspu807yz8b.jpg

You know, credit to Enterprise, they did a good job finding someone who resembled her.
  • Options

The old lady from the Pon Farr Kal-I-Fee in TOS:

Oh wow! I had no idea they were the same person. Guessing she will be a cultural figure since she became the Vulcan leader

Nor did I. I thought it was Mommy T'Pol, then I saw the Wiki and thought it was the Kal-I-Fee Lady. No idea that she was all those other people mentioned in episodes and stuff.

So, what was Mommy's name?!?!?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

haspu807yz8b.jpg

You know, credit to Enterprise, they did a good job finding someone who resembled her.

She became one on the show when she took over. She was the Vulcan leader for more than half of the 4th season

• Options
    edited July 2019

haspu807yz8b.jpg

She became one on the show when she took over. She was the Vulcan leader for more than half of the 4th season

<snip> ~Shan
  • Options

haspu807yz8b.jpg

This. She had a key role on Vulcan for the rest of the series, after being cleared of the bombing.....

T'Pau was born in 2122 on the planet Vulcan. (ENT: "The Forge") During the mid-22nd century, she was one of the leaders of the Syrrannite movement, which helped to reform Vulcan society by bringing forth the true teachings of the ancient Vulcan philosopher Surak. In 2154, T'Pau was falsely accused by the Vulcan High Command of the bombing of the United Earth Embassy, which had killed many Humans including Admiral Maxwell Forrest. The High Command falsified DNA evidence to indicate that T'Pau had planted the bomb. She became the de facto leader of at least part of the Syrranites following the death of Syrran. She was certain of her path and would let nothing stand in her way.

Syrran was killed in a dust storm while leading Captain Jonathan Archer and Commander T'Pol to the Syrrannite base, and before he died, he transferred the katra of Surak, through a mind-meld, into Jonathan Archer, who was investigating the alleged connection between T'Pau and the bombing of the United Earth Embassy on Vulcan. At first, she distrusted Archer and T'Pol, who accused her of the bombing. She accepted them once she found out that Syrran had transferred Surak's katra into Archer. She was willing to risk the death of Archer in an attempt to remove Surak's katra from him, whether or not he was willing to take the risks the extraction might pose to a Human brain. T'Pau attempted to transfer the katra from Archer, but could not do so. Later, the katra guided Archer to recover an artifact, the Kir'Shara. T'Pau also cured T'Pol of Pa'nar Syndrome by mind melding with her and undoing the damage done by a previous mind meld.

T'Pau was instrumental in helping Archer and T'Pol return to the High Command with the artifact, which contained the original writings of Surak. Their goal was to demonstrate, with the artifact, that the Syrannites were not violent, and that Vulcan civilization had strayed from the teachings of Surak, whose philosophies had brought peace to a war-torn Vulcan 1,800 years earlier. These events led to the dissolution of the High Command and the dismissal of the traitor V'Las from his post as administrator. (ENT: "Awakening", "Kir'Shara")

T'Pau later became a high-ranking minister in the new Vulcan government. One of her first acts as minister was to deploy twenty-three ships to aid Captain Archer in detecting a Romulan drone ship. (ENT: "United")
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    deleted
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

haspu807yz8b.jpg

<snip> ~Shan

Um. Does that mean what I think it means?

• Options
    Cmdr SinclairCmdr Sinclair ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exobiology = Lots of Spock, Phlox and Jadzia.

Gonna be a lot of crowded shuttles.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    Now I will have "Heart and Soul" in my head for a week:
    https://youtu.be/SwrYMWoqg5w

I’m feeling more fragile like

China in your hand 😂
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Loken, from the VOY Episode "Nightingale" :

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Loken

ld2mo5ve0pl0.jpg

I am going to pretend it is Ron Glass's character Shepherd Derrial Book from Firefly.

8sfpgn6wb5k1.jpg

n9ccoje1t0jj.jpg

Simon: I never - never shot anyone before.

Book: I was there, son. I'm fair sure you haven't shot anyone yet.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice how little DIP is in this event?
    ubhayxk9qu3r.png
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ubhayxk9qu3r.png

Presumably T'Pau will have diplomacy. Some of the exobiology legendaries have diplomacy as does super rare ambassador spock.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I will have "Heart and Soul" in my head for a week:
    https://youtu.be/SwrYMWoqg5w

I’m feeling more fragile like

China in your hand 😂

I was scrolling through, waiting to see if I needed to make the reference. Thanks for doing the right thing, @Flemming and @Ironagedave .
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    ubhayxk9qu3r.png

Why is Sato on ur list, she doesn t have the Exobiology trait?

And regarding crowded shuttles, not sure since there are only 8 SR bonus crew besides Gorn and Young T‘Pau.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    ubhayxk9qu3r.png

Presumably T'Pau will have diplomacy. Some of the exobiology legendaries have diplomacy as does super rare ambassador spock.

I indeed included them:
    After scrolling down some pages...
    onft3b9rkw1w.png

And while there are cards with Diplomacy... they are usually small secondary or tertiary skills:
    (sorted by total base stats)
    4sydjwqrv46w.png

When doing my analysis, I like to keep the threshold to the top non-bonus cards (in DIPs case, Professor Sato), most of what you see in the bottom readout are cards with lower DIP points than Sato, even with a bonus.

There is a ton of SCI in this event though, so hopefully that will reflect in the Shuttle needs.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ubhayxk9qu3r.png

Why is Sato on ur list, she doesn t have the Exobiology trait?

Is that her base score?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I compare all crew, even those without bonuses, to measure how strong they might perform in the event.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    ubhayxk9qu3r.png

I indeed included them:
    After scrolling down some pages...
    onft3b9rkw1w.png

And while there are cards with Diplomacy... they are usually small secondary or tertiary skills:
    (sorted by total base stats)
    4sydjwqrv46w.png

When doing my analysis, I like to keep the threshold to the top non-bonus cards (in DIPs case, Professor Sato), most of what you see in the bottom readout are cards with lower DIP points than Sato, even with a bonus.

There is a ton of SCI in this event though, so hopefully that will reflect in the Shuttle needs.

Thx for explaining. :)

Well, yeah tons of SCI heavy crew, so we probably will see a lack of SCI seat shuttles(really hope i am wrong but....). :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•