Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Run Rampant - 07/25

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I should add - Be careful where you use the 2X Rewards boosts (The newer yellow ones, not the ones that make your missions 9 hours).

If you're going to be checking often, you're probably better off using the timer reduction boosts. Of course both of these rely on you being able to trust that you can succeed in the mission without any other boosts, but let's say you're batting 90% or better:

If I use a 1:30 time reduction boost and I come back right on time, I can fit two missions into 3 hours and end up with 8000 VP. If I use a single 2X reward boost, I can accomplish the same thing without having to check back in the middle. HOWEVER! I'm also betting all 8000 VP on a single mission succeeding. At least with the time reductions, I could potentially end up with 1 success and one failure. Plus the 2X boosts are still exceedingly rare in the game.

So, long story short, save them for when you think you aren't going to check your device for 3 hours.

Great advice! I do this myself. I will add I use the 2x when I plan on setting alarms every three hours when I go to sleep

Awww, friend, don’t let this game cost you sleep! But actually I’ll tell ya, every time I toss on one of those 9 hour double reward boosts, I end up waking up in 6 hours and then waiting 3 hours for it to finish anyway. So I try not to use them.

I HATE that!! That extra three hours feels like an eternity! I only make a shuttle run once in a very great while so I don’t do that often. Maybe three or four times total. So far

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    This faction event my shuttles keep getting visually stuck in time so I have to go inside each shuttle mission to see the time or keep resetting the game. It has been happening for the last day for me. I am busy and it says I have twenty minutes left on my shuttle so I come back and it still says twenty minutes. It did it a couple times before I was like, "hey wait a second, did time stop or did the shuttles stop?" So then the question was when did they freeze. A while I guess cause I had dropped in rank. Aarg.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    This faction event my shuttles keep getting visually stuck in time so I have to go inside each shuttle mission to see the time or keep resetting the game. It has been happening for the last day for me. I am busy and it says I have twenty minutes left on my shuttle so I come back and it still says twenty minutes. It did it a couple times before I was like, "hey wait a second, did time stop or did the shuttles stop?" So then the question was when did they freeze. A while I guess cause I had dropped in rank. Aarg.

That happens to me occasionally when I lose connection. Usually restarts wirk.
  • Options

That happens to me occasionally when I lose connection. Usually restarts wirk.

Yeah except it keeps happening which is frustrating. I can and will boost myself into the rank I need but it is annoying. Pair that with my voyage yesterday that wouldn't give me choice C on voice of the prophets dilemma even though I had debated the vedek. That vedek is the most annoying one there is since vedek winn.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    mvibsx6han4x.jpg
    Just like they say, "The fifth time is the charm." People say that right? I don't think I can get her fully equipped before the event ends but I wanted her for her Med skill anyway.
  • Options
    6 packs, 5 T'pau and 1 Gorn. I am quitting while I am behind.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should add - Be careful where you use the 2X Rewards boosts (The newer yellow ones, not the ones that make your missions 9 hours).

If you're going to be checking often, you're probably better off using the timer reduction boosts. Of course both of these rely on you being able to trust that you can succeed in the mission without any other boosts, but let's say you're batting 90% or better:

If I use a 1:30 time reduction boost and I come back right on time, I can fit two missions into 3 hours and end up with 8000 VP. If I use a single 2X reward boost, I can accomplish the same thing without having to check back in the middle. HOWEVER! I'm also betting all 8000 VP on a single mission succeeding. At least with the time reductions, I could potentially end up with 1 success and one failure. Plus the 2X boosts are still exceedingly rare in the game.

So, long story short, save them for when you think you aren't going to check your device for 3 hours.

Great advice! I do this myself. I will add I use the 2x when I plan on setting alarms every three hours when I go to sleep

Awww, friend, don’t let this game cost you sleep! But actually I’ll tell ya, every time I toss on one of those 9 hour double reward boosts, I end up waking up in 6 hours and then waiting 3 hours for it to finish anyway. So I try not to use them.

I HATE that!! That extra three hours feels like an eternity! I only make a shuttle run once in a very great while so I don’t do that often. Maybe three or four times total. So far

This only happens to me on the 4th night. I run 9 hour shuttles first 3 nights and sleep well. It's only when the thought of someone else in my fleet might get ahead of me that wakes me in the wee hours of that fourth night and I have to get up and check my 3 hour shuttles, then send more, maybe 5 or 6 to make sure.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    9v9tp6vl9yxr.png
    Must. Keep. Churning. Whilst. Talking.

p7qashqc1976.jpg
    Let’s fly!