Home The Bridge
Options

Picard SDCC Trailer

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in The Bridge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbXy0f0aCN0

Ugh, I'm sorry, but it looks like an old man's daydreams from a nursing home.

Meanwhile looks like they've borrowed the Romulans from Abrams's movies.

Comments

• Options
    Seems awesome. The Borg are back!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Edit: I'll reserve judgment. It just looks like a wasted opportunity for a new kind of take on the Star Trek Universe.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks cool to me. Can’t judge too much off of a two minute trailer but I’m excited for it. Two great teasers in there.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: I'll reserve judgment. It just looks like a wasted opportunity for a new kind of take on the Star Trek Universe.

Well, the new kind of take has been done with Discovery. And you know how it is regarded by many in here and other places. If I remember right you are also very critical of it.

Agree with the reserve judgement thing. But very very happy to see Jeri Ryan in Star Trek and as Seven again.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Okay let me make this clear:

I'm not angry with a new direction, in fact I'm angry that they appear to be rehashing the same tropes. I was personally hoping for an Earth based show, to show us how the world and Federation look at the end of the 24th century. I thought the fact that the guy's pretty much ANCIENT is a perfect enough reason to center the show on Earth. Instead it looks like your generic "new crew comes together to do CGI battles" stuff.

I wanted the new direction!
  • Options
    well this looks like it'll be good. I was wondering if they would have anyone from the other series on here. Not giving spoilers though.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually looks pretty cool and I was very skeptical. I already have CBS for Discovery so there’s a plus
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I have never been more excited for a show in my many years on this miserable planet.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reserve judgement until I've seen an episode or two.

Whether you agree with the concept or not, wait until its execution to decide.

Then keep your opinions to yourself cos literally nobody wants to hear them ;)
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo excited! My fleet is going bat **tsk tsk** crazy 🤪
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks interesting, and we will get one or more new Sevens.

For those of us in Europe. Jump to about 18s in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHrWlFO2cJw
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Looks interesting, and we will get one or more new Sevens.

For those of us in Europe. Jump to about 18s in.
    Thanks for that. I couldn't watch the other one.

The other trailer sounds like the plot from the PC games Star trek Armada (I still play Armada 2 and am seriously hoping that they borrowed the plot from the game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cxAAWTolXc
  • Options
    He doesnt look a day over 85, at all.
  • Options
    This facility has gone 5843 days without an assimilation, lol. I missed that first time around. 1:22 in Mirror Cartman's vid.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Borg is blue! They decided to mess with our brains, so that we can't sleep.
    lgg5bdst2uw8.jpg
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Intrigued, looks like maybe this will be the final bit of the Picard/Borg arc that started with BoBW.

My three worries are this had me thinking of Legends of the Rangers, there was a bit of TNG-era fanservice and that the last Trek thing Stewart gushed about was Nemeshit.

I'm hoping the actual show will usher those fears to the exit with sheer awesomeness.
  • Options

Well, the new kind of take has been done with Discovery. And you know how it is regarded by many in here and other places. If I remember right you are also very critical of it.

I was about to write that. If people want to see a new take on things, then they should also be ok with it if it's not exactly what they expected.
    A good part of the fans seem to want Star Trek to stay exactly the way it has always been and CBS probably tried to make them happy with the Picard series and the changes after season 1 of DSC.
  • Options
    A good part of the fans seem to want Star Trek to stay exactly the way it has always been and CBS probably tried to make them happy with the Picard series and the changes after season 1 of DSC.

Yes, exactly that. It already was that way in the Berman days. Change = bad, same things = good for many fans. Also with a show featuring Picard I don´t find a huge package of nostalgia surprising really.

• Options

Yes, exactly that. It already was that way in the Berman days. Change = bad, same things = good for many fans. Also with a show featuring Picard I don´t find a huge package of nostalgia surprising really.

Yes, the trailer looks good and I think it's perfectly fine to play on nostalgia for this kind of show (also, Seven will be in it :smiley: ).

I'm only disappointed by how much they gave in to the haters on DSC, but that's off topic here :D .
  • Options
    Yes, the trailer looks good and I think it's perfectly fine to play on nostalgia for this kind of show (also, Seven will be in it :smiley: ).

I agree. Also that Seven is a very pleasant surprise. Jeri at first didn´t want to play the role for fear of being "pigeonholed". I love that she now plays her again. Also in comparison to some other cards we have way too less legendary Seven versions in the game imho. So more to come now which is a further bonus...

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I think i saw Shinzon in there, but dont quote me on that.
    EDIT: The person in question is actually Hugh. My bad.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭

Isn't he dead? I thought he was on the Scimitar when it blew.....
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    New Borg is blue! They decided to mess with our brains, so that we can't sleep.
    lgg5bdst2uw8.jpg

I saw that and wondered if that's just a disabled cube with which Starfleet is tinkering. Starfleet with its blue lights and all?

The only thing that irked me about the Picard trailer was that the Romulans (presumably Romulans) didn't look quite right, or rather the character trying to do the whole Space Legolas look.

I wonder if we'll get any Timelines crew from the new Lower Decks series?
    2-SDCC-LD.jpg?itok=u999GmjQ
    q3rjeewgydeyqp5xvrib.png

• Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭

Aside from the fact he’s dead, he was a deeply uninspiring character from a bad film so I’d hope they didn’t revisit him too much.

Also - getting Jeri Ryan back is one thing - getting Tom Hardy would be... a challenge!
  • Options

You keep getting quoted on that, haha
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too early to tell really, but I'm intrigued (and also glad I know people with Amazon, because I signed up for Netflix, I'm done, we're not doing this sign-up-for-27-different-streamers thing). I did not at all expect to see Seven, I'm way more excited for that than Data. No offence Data. So I'm just gonna pin a few things to the noticeboard so I can be all insufferable when they come true (and if they don't, like my prediction that Disco season two was a rewrite of 'Emergence' from TNG, eh whatever):

Worf is the ambassador to Qo'nos. Explain Nemesis away however you like, I don't care, just make it happen (my pet headcanon is he was on the ship for the wedding, and in uniform to honour his time serving with Riker and Troi, and when they hared off to the Neutral Zone he stuck around because Martok would want a man on the scene, and Picard assigned him to tactical just so it'd be easier to pass him off as 'part of the crew' if the Romulans asked what he was doing there).

Please god I hope nobody was 'inspired' by the awful comic Brannon Braga did about Picard and Seven and the Borg where she turned into a spider-centaur and Picard became the Borg King in an alternate timeline, I can't even tell you how stupid that was.

But while we're on Seven and Picard, I want a flashback to their first meeting, and even though she knows who she's going to meet when she sets eyes on him she's stunned and says "Locutus".

Some time around episode eleven or whenever it's all hitting the fan, Picard and co. are in a heck of a mess and Starfleet's specifically had to disavow their mission for whatever reason so they know no help's coming, the Enterprise comes in and saves them, and it's not commanded by someone from TNG or anyone who'd disobey orders because of personal loyalty to Picard, they're there because even though she's a different ship she's still the Enterprise and they're her crew and she never forgets a captain.

And can we get Necheyev and Ross back as Starfleet's top brass?

Okay CBS, you've got your orders, as Jellico would say, get it done.