Home The Bridge
Options

Behold/Portal Update

Does anyone know when a Behold/Portal update will happen? There are so many 4* and 5* crew missing that it feels like a waste to cash in my pulls currently.

Comments

• Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next month (August 2019). Don’t think they have made any more detailed announcements outside of that.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've stated in official communications that it's "Sometime in August"
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan told us, and it was announced in in-game mail I believe? That the portal update will be in August.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when a Behold/Portal update will happen? There are so many 4* and 5* crew missing that it feels like a waste to cash in my pulls currently.

Scheduled for August, at present.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    98cyokgxq0on.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a little sad how excited I am for August... currently sitting on 101 premium 10-pack pulls, 3 x 5* citations, and 400,000 honor! B)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they put all the latest schematics in there. I’m actually looking more forward to that than updated crew
  • Options
    Any chance of getting a little more detail? Like "at the beginning of the mega" or "after the mega?
  • Options
    I believe there was a comment on FB (from Shan?) that said the exact day won't be known until the update actually occurs and we are informed on that day. So really, sometime in August is all we get.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    If it happens in August, It will happen before or during the Mega event. The event will end on Sept 2.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping it will happen before the end of mega event pack so I can buy a bunch of the cheaper 390 dilithium packs with chance of newer crew dropping too.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    It would nice nice to just know when it will be. There must be a lot of us sitting on dozens of packs!
  • Options
    its possible it could be just before the Q mega. since it lasts to september.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »
    Perhaps I am in the great minority here, but I am not really excited for the portal update. Yes, a bunch of newer crew will be added but that only dillutes the crew pool even further. I'll get excited when they either use the DL model or pulls by year model that have been suggested in other posts.

Whether a new model is needed or not (it is), beholds giving less all FF options can only be a good thing
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    Perhaps I am in the great minority here, but I am not really excited for the portal update. Yes, a bunch of newer crew will be added but that only dillutes the crew pool even further. I'll get excited when they either use the DL model or pulls by year model that have been suggested in other posts.

Whether a new model is needed or not (it is), beholds giving less all FF options can only be a good thing

That's a very valid point. That has been a serious frustration for a while for a lot of players, including myself. Does someone have the guesstimated number of SRs being added to the pool?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last two portal updates have been on a Tuesday and with the mega upcoming, my guess would be today. Pin all your hopes and dreams on this comment.

Hilarious
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

That's a very valid point. That has been a serious frustration for a while for a lot of players, including myself. Does someone have the guesstimated number of SRs being added to the pool?

Depends on when the cutoff is for this portal update versus the next one; the short answer is that we’ll get one for every week of the period covered by the update plus a few extras from Tuesday 4* crew (Admiral Dougherty, Smuggler Kasidy Yates, Tarquin, and maybe Buck Bokai...apologies if I forgot someone else). Could be 25 or so, maybe 30 depending on where they end up.

Same math applies to legendaries but with two per week minus the number of Tuesday 4*s.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Would a portal update also mean that voyage super rares are updated? I dont blow a lot of money on portal pulls and dont have them stockpiled like a lot of people do. But if I could expect some new crew within the voyage rewards that would be exciting.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    Would a portal update also mean that voyage super rares are updated? I dont blow a lot of money on portal pulls and dont have them stockpiled like a lot of people do. But if I could expect some new crew within the voyage rewards that would be exciting.

Typically yes, they would add some or all to the voyage drop table too
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last two portal updates have been on a Tuesday and with the mega upcoming, my guess would be today. Pin all your hopes and dreams on this comment.

Not only this, but they also read the reaction to my Decrepit Legendaries thread. It will go live in 87 minutes.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been a few Dilithium Overload offers recently, which makes me suspect the update is nigh.
  • Options
    I have a nagging feeling that DB would want to extract as much cash & dilithium out of us through Elusive Treasures packs before the update....

But really hope I'm wrong.
    10 Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a nagging feeling that DB would want to extract as much cash & dilithium out of us through Elusive Treasures packs before the update....

But really hope I'm wrong.

Hmm... Maybe elusive treasures in an hour, followed by update next week?
    Farewell 🖖