Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Falcon Falls (rerun) - 08/01

Comments

• Options
    A new Vash sounds great. I’m not excited to be getting Mintankan Riker though. I don’t have him, and the last thing I need is that specific card taking up a spot in my crew at 1/5
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new Vash sounds great. I’m not excited to be getting Mintankan Riker though. I don’t have him, and the last thing I need is that specific card taking up a spot in my crew at 1/5

His immortal card makes it on voyages for me, but I get what you mean
  • Options

He’s prolific enough that I have somehow managed to get him at 4/5 stars. Most of the events get replayed so you’ll eventually fuse him even if you only get him from an event reward.
  • Options
    I like another star to my Mintakan Riker and I have two Sela's. Having Sela and two legendaries in the event pack though means that it will be a terrible event pack to buy. Your odds of getting Loken just got halved and Sela's stats are atrocious.

Yeah it makes me not want Loken at all, since he will sit at 1/5 forever for this reason, especially if he's too new to make it in the August portal update.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious what those that like Vash like about her. To me she just seemed like a thief who kept trying to pull one over on Picard and others so she could steal ancient artifacts and sell them for money. Picard for some reason looked past all that and then she dumped him for Q even thouh Q had almost gotten her and others killed when Q put them all into the Robin Hood story. She seemed like a schemer like Quark but less likeable because she did not care if people got hurt or killed. What am I missing?

Why do ppl like characters like f.e. „The Borg Queen“ , who has killed and assimilated (or is at least responsable) millions of lifeforms? ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious what those that like Vash like about her. To me she just seemed like a thief who kept trying to pull one over on Picard and others so she could steal ancient artifacts and sell them for money. Picard for some reason looked past all that and then she dumped him for Q even thouh Q had almost gotten her and others killed when Q put them all into the Robin Hood story. She seemed like a schemer like Quark but less likeable because she did not care if people got hurt or killed. What am I missing?

Why do ppl like characters like f.e. „The Borg Queen“ , who has killed and assimilated (or is at least responsable) millions of lifeforms? ;)

That's just whataboutism and does not answer the question of why people like Vash. She wasn't a poorly writtern character but to me she was unlikeable. So I am curious what the people that like her like about her.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just whataboutism and does not answer the question of why people like Vash. She wasn't a poorly writtern character but to me she was unlikeable. So I am curious what the people that like her like about her.

Whether or not it was truly an accurate description, there is a “thief with a heart of gold” air about her. I don’t much care one way or the other but it was nice to see her show up as a guest star more than once.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    She also was a foil for Picard. After Q, she was the only recurring character to have a connection with Picard. That let her develop and be more than a random woman of the week.
  • Options
    My guess is that people liked her because she had some gray. She was not just some personified ideal. I like personified ideals, to a degree, but they need some way to relate to them. This is where the first seasons of TNG failed in characters. This is also why DS9 was better. The crew of DS9 had ideals, but were still normal.

Very true, the TNG crew could be wooden, one dimensional and unchanging. Such is the problem with episodic storytelling in which people have to be able to watch any episode without having seen the previous episode. The DS9 writers refused to do this despite studio pressure and in so doing their characters were all allowed to evolve and grow. DS9 writer/producer Ira Steven Behr said in the DS9 documentary, What We Left Behind, that the character with the least amount of change in DS9 changed more than the most changed character on TNG.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    She also was a foil for Picard. After Q, she was the only recurring character to have a connection with Picard. That let her develop and be more than a random woman of the week.

This was pretty much my answer. I'm a sucker for a good foil. The fact that she was willing to let others die drove that aspect home.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

This was pretty much my answer. I'm a sucker for a good foil. The fact that she was willing to let others die drove that aspect home.

And Picard needed a foil, especially when he fenced.

vrtyjmljeytq.jpg

That is BEST FOIL. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Hmm... Seems likely that the mega will open with a Galaxy or Skirmish, then end on a hybrid. Maybe we get lucky and the mega goes:
    1) Skirmish
    2) Galaxy
    3) Hybrid
    4) Faction

Or flip one and two and/or three and four.

You forgot to include Expeditions..oh wait, I forgot, that's the event type that shall not be named..

We need to have an expedition in the Mega. I love those events!
    Wish we had more of them since factions & galaxies week after week get mundane & stale so quickly.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd been kicking myself for FE my 1* Ambassador Spock for his exobiology trait, as he's gone on a total of 0 missions during the current event.

Now I'm not feeling so bad.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    I'd been kicking myself for FE my 1* Ambassador Spock for his exobiology trait, as he's gone on a total of 0 missions during the current event.

But now you are setup for next week's event and finishing him.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭

But now you are setup for next week's event and finishing him.

I just thawed mine today both in preparation for next week, and it seems I was lacking event crew this week. He finally started getting on the 5th shuttles, so he found his place.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

I am still kicking myself. I would have gotten quite some ambassador-only-equipment for free with this event, but mine is freshly FFFE (and FE was a pain with all those IDICs). Selas on the other side I have zero. I wished they switched threshold and ranked reward this time but they probably won't.

Ambassador Spock has some small value for me in the current event but I could have gone perfectly without him.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Hmm... Seems likely that the mega will open with a Galaxy or Skirmish, then end on a hybrid. Maybe we get lucky and the mega goes:
    1) Skirmish
    2) Galaxy
    3) Hybrid
    4) Faction

You forgot to include Expeditions..oh wait, I forgot, that's the event type that shall not be named..

Wish we had more of them since factions & galaxies week after week get mundane & stale so quickly.

I totally agree, there was a typo a month or so ago on here, when an Expedition event was listed. I got so excited and unfroze a ton of related crew, for it to turn out to be a Galaxy event when they corrected the error!!!

So come on DB give us an Expedition before another Skirmish.
  • Options
    1) Skirmish
    2) Galaxy
    3) Hybrid
    4) Faction

I totally agree, there was a typo a month or so ago on here, when an Expedition event was listed. I got so excited and unfroze a ton of related crew, for it to turn out to be a Galaxy event!!!

When was the last Expedition? My understanding is that they used to be June and December. We're well past June, so my hope is not great for one now. But... Stranger things have happened.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Skirmish
    2) Galaxy
    3) Hybrid
    4) Faction

I totally agree, there was a typo a month or so ago on here, when an Expedition event was listed. I got so excited and unfroze a ton of related crew, for it to turn out to be a Galaxy event!!!

When was the last Expedition? My understanding is that they used to be June and December. We're well past June, so my hope is not great for one now. But... Stranger things have happened.

The last Expedition was the second phase of the Hybrid event “Auld Lang Syne”, held on 20-24 December 2018.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Events#Calendar
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    1) Skirmish
    2) Galaxy
    3) Hybrid
    4) Faction

The last Expedition was the second phase of the Hybrid event “Auld Lang Syne”, held on 20-24 December 2018.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Events#Calendar
    🖖

Thank you. Using the link, I saw that Expedition before that was late June of 2018 and it was a monsterous 6-day event with three phases. We're overdue for an Epedition, but I'm guessing that it won't happen until the end of this year.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goody... my first Tyrion Riker...
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I desperately hope for an Expedition as I have not seen one so far. Probably it is as laborious as any other event type except Faction but at least it would be something new to me.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that people liked her because she had some gray. She was not just some personified ideal. I like personified ideals, to a degree, but they need some way to relate to them. This is where the first seasons of TNG failed in characters. This is also why DS9 was better. The crew of DS9 had ideals, but were still normal.

Agreed. I adore grey characters.
    I enjoy Garak for the same reasons.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Expeditions are the most time consuming. You have 1 hour to use a ticket. So every time you start a ticket, you need to pend the whole hour going to use the ticket completely.