Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Falcon Falls (rerun) - 08/01

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: The Falcon Falls (rerun)
Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
Event Crew: Loken 5* (New), Mintakan Riker 5* (Existing), Commander Sela 4* (Existing), and Ambassador Spock 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 08/01 until Monday 08/05 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Galaxy Gallivanting Vash (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 08/08.

Event Faction: Romulan Star Empire

Bonus crew::
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of W. Riker, Spock, and T. Yar.

And yes, the August Mega-Event will be announced soon :)

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
    Event Crew: Loken 5* (New), Mintakan Riker 5* (Existing), Commander Sela 4* (Existing), and Ambassador Spock 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 08/01 until Monday 08/05 at noon (16.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Galaxy Gallivanting Vash (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 08/08.

Event Faction: Romulan Star Empire

Bonus crew::
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of T. Riker, Spock, and T. Yar.

And yes, the August Mega-Event will be announced soon :)

Thomas only? Isn't the only one we have like a 1*?
    robownage wrote: »
    I *love* that name for Vash.

Yes, it is awesome.
    Well, I think that locks in the Q mega.

Sure does seem to.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    "small bonus: variants of T. Riker"

I assume that would be W. Riker?
  • Options
    • small bonus: variants of T. Riker, Spock, and T. Yar.

T.Riker? So that one 1*?

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    T Riker? Isn't there only one of those?
  • Options
    W. Riker, of course - edited.

We only tease out of love.

And because it is fun.......
  • Options
    W. Riker, of course - edited.

Thank you. I wasn't trying to "dogpile a typo." I have seen some peculiar event crew and figured maybe I was missing something.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like another star to my Mintakan Riker and I have two Sela's. Having Sela and two legendaries in the event pack though means that it will be a terrible event pack to buy. Your odds of getting Loken just got halved and Sela's stats are atrocious.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Feeling pretty hype about the Mega over here. Great Vash variant name. Fits a Continuum theme well. This event is going well. Should also be able to get new Vash next week. It's all coming up aces for me. :)

Edit: DB... Please make this Vash better than Maid Marian. 🙏
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    **fingers crossed**
    Commander Sela as the threshold...

I already have Ambassador Spock immortalized; Sela is only at 3 stars.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like another star to my Mintakan Riker and I have two Sela's. Having Sela and two legendaries in the event pack though means that it will be a terrible event pack to buy. Your odds of getting Loken just got halved and Sela's stats are atrocious.

Can't help with the diluted pack, but worth remembering it's a Hybrid so there are Community Rewards in Phase 2 for anyone needing either an Ambassador Spock or Commander Sela.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

EnderW wrote: »
    **fingers crossed**

I have Sela at 4*, and no Ambassador Spock. One of us will luck out, at least.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I'm not the least bit excited about this event and having it include a galaxy portion means no pack purchase for me, which makes me less enthusiastic about placing top-1500 this week with no upcoming attempt to add stars to a 1/5 Loken.

I already have both 4* crew immortalized. Sela is terrible and I have so many Spocks that a 2nd copy of Ambassador Spock seems unnecessary. I also don't have Mintaken Riker yet, so I won't even be adding a copy to an existing 5* crew... ugh!

However, I do like the idea of a Q-themed mega event beginning the following week!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... Seems likely that the mega will open with a Galaxy or Skirmish, then end on a hybrid. Maybe we get lucky and the mega goes:
    1) Skirmish
    2) Galaxy
    3) Hybrid
    4) Faction

Or flip one and two and/or three and four.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    **fingers crossed**

Just wait until Phase 2 for the community rewards, if nothing else.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sela was my first frozen 4* card. I think she's only been back out once (vaguely recall her being bonus crew in some event). At least I already unfroze Amb. Spock for this week, though he hasn't even come close to getting on a shuttle yet.

Missed out on Minty Riker in the first run of this event, so I'm happy to add him this time around. Would like to try to pull a bonus star for him via pack, but with Sela/Spock not even being worth duplicating at this stage of the game... sheesh.

For those that need Sela/Spock, go get 'em! :)
  • Options
    Hmm... Seems likely that the mega will open with a Galaxy or Skirmish, then end on a hybrid. Maybe we get lucky and the mega goes:
    1) Skirmish
    2) Galaxy
    3) Hybrid
    4) Faction

Or flip one and two and/or three and four.

I just hope the Galaxy and Hybrid weeks are weeks when I don't care about the rank rewards.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of event crew, Sela and Spock immortalized, Mintakan Riker @1/5* and never gonna be prioritized for citations. Yes, this has a week off written all over it.
  • Options
    I don't know about Vash. I don't really care about her, but if she is over powered or useful all month, that is different. I will definitely go for the 400K Riker. I have him at 1/5 from a begold a while back.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay new Vash! Definitely worth pushing top 1500. I always liked her character. Thresholds will also get me a third star on Mintakan Riker.

Also gives me an excuse to FE Anbo-Jyutsu Riker who’s been sitting around at 4/4 for a while.

Guess I should get to work on Quinn also.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of those immortal (except Loken) will make for some nice bonus crew for me BUTTT alas since it's part Galaxy... I'm out
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    All of those immortal (except Loken) will make for some nice bonus crew for me BUTTT alas since it's part Galaxy... I'm out

I’m with you there. I was excited to get Dr. Pollard for her skills and having to grind in a Galaxy event just killed my mood...mostly due to exceptionally weak crew, which we will have yet again in this event. Wherever I end up after the Faction half is how many VP I’ll have at the end...probably nowhere near enough for a top-1500 finish.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    VASH! I continue to hate anything galaxy event related (maximum tedium), I will be going all out for this one! Vash is one of my favourite characters, and I can't wait to see the artwork on this one...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...