Home The Bridge
Options

It’s nearly time...

2»

Comments

• Options
    ok, I think next will be a voy-theme campaign. But ev suit theme will be great
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does no one think that Mobile Doctor will be an option...seeing as he's currently in vogue for his fusing ability.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    It could be a Q, Mariachi Q perhaps for the Gold, and Marshal of France Q for the Purple?
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Braxton does have the best voyage score but he will rarely if ever be event crew and he is Cmd-Eng-Sec which is good but not great. He is of limited use.

CMD/ENG isn't exactly the most common pair, so I'd say that alone makes him worth pursuing. He also does decent in Gauntlet, and #1 Voyage score translates to decent bases for shuttles as well. His biggest flaw is that he isn't main cast, which limits his event potential - and even there he has quite a few traits that could pop up (Temporal Agent, Pilot, Starfleet captain).
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Previously Campaign 5*'s and when they were originally added to the game:

"Section 31" Covert Operative Leland (10/30/18)
    "Forever Spock" Captain Spock (11/19/18)
    "Picar Days" Mirror Jean-Luc Picard (12/7/17)
    "High Rollers" High Roller Sisko (12/24/18)

If we allow that Picard was a weird anomaly, the trend would suggest someone from January:

01-14-2019 Five of Twelve
    01-15-2019 Dahar Master Koloth
    01-15-2019 Seven in Silver
    01-21-2019 Captain Braxton
    01-22-2019 Stranded Quark
    01-28-2019 Chancellor L'Rell
    01-29-2019 Irina

Seven in Silver was given out freely as part of "Convergence Day". Some of y'all would whine, but I'd gladly welcome the four stars I didn't get then. Stranded Quark is a Scoundrel, who could be of some help during the "Desperate Times" mega. I think the others are less likely, but I certainly wouldn't say no to four more stars on Koloth, Braxton, or L'Rell.

That was such a stacked month for crew quality. The only disappointment for me would be Quark since I just FF'd him (in time for a mega where he has three top 5 bases!), but I would probably FF a second. I did just buy out dabo for Braxton, but I won't complain about fusing him up either.

Irina is a great voyager with Jury Rigger, L'Rell is a great base for several eventable traits and good voyager, Koloth is the top CMD/DIP/SEC voyager and played by Bill Campbell, Five of Twelve is Borg Queen's equal and superior in several ways. Two skill crew don't move the needle for me since the campaign tide either rises everyone's Faction or gauntlet boats, but at least Seven has good bases and should catch more events down the line.

I didn't think DB would include top quality crew, but the last two campaign 5* have been surprisingly strong.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    It could be a Q, Mariachi Q perhaps for the Gold, and Marshal of France Q for the Purple?

If only
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Picard isn’t looking so bad now, considering August’s announcement.
  • Options
    NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

Have Troi at 2/5 and would never have even vaguely considered using a citation on her so I’m happy enough with her. Not sure how strong she is even fully fused mind...
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna pass. Use the $10 for Mobile Doc instead.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »

Have Troi at 2/5 and would never have even vaguely considered using a citation on her so I’m happy enough with her. Not sure how strong she is even fully fused mind...

Well, there are 230 voyagers ahead of her voyage score (239 by the end of the campaign), and 67 crew with a base better than her primary, but she's the third best Troi DIP!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that the sabermetricians dig Captain Braxton, but he has little, if any, marquee value. I'll be stunned if he's ever selected for a Campaign for that reason.

Also, I was reminded that it's been speculated since SDCC that Alex Kurtzman will announce a Pike spin-off at Vegas. Christopher Pike and Bridge Officer Number One were released in February, so they'd be skipping the January 5*'s to pick either of them, but I'd certainly welcome either. Can't think of an obvious 4* to pair with either, since Fugitive Spock has already been featured, though.
  • Options
    VesmerVesmer ✭✭✭
    So..in the end they made imo the worst crew selection for a campaign so far
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vesmer wrote: »
    So..in the end they made imo the worst crew selection for a campaign so far

yeah, from all possible Trois they pick Commander....
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Commander Troi FE @ 1/5, so at least I'll immortalize her, but she certainly wasn't among my valuable citation priorities. I have a second copy of Liaison Torres sitting unlevelled @ 2/4 in my crew quarters, having recently picked up a couple copies on voyages. yay??
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.... the Campaign still has other enticing things in it and ultimately the citation is probably worth it alone... but that crew selection is BADDDDD
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Wow.... the Campaign still has other enticing things in it and ultimately the citation is probably worth it alone... but that crew selection is BADDDDD

Both crew immo'd....still alot good stuff in there, but wow.....really....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

They're really testing how far the player base is willing to go to still buy the premium track. This one's a miss.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Commander Troi... Meh..... neither excited nor upset at it. Just really unenthusiastic about her... On the bright side, at least shes not a CMD or SEC character but thats about all thats positive to say about her... :(
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not mad about it. Weak as she is, there is event value and there are all the other premium track rewards. I skipped Picard month on principle but $10 is worth a 5* citation even if you toss all four Trois out the airlock.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, I'm going to purchase premium track anyway but I have to admit, I actually airlocked a Commander Troi a while back because she was so weak and not even worth keeping around.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    4* Liaison Torres
    5* Drunken Troi
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I have read this and other threads with interest - some players have been bemoaning the ever increasing 1/5*'s in their roster, others have suggested new ways to gain "decrepit" cards.

Surely in the Campaign feature, we already have a way to gain our "decrepit" cards? I think that it was designed for this - we have simply been lucky in the first couple of months that we've had some decent cards to "hook" us in. And as others have pointed out - the other bits you get in a Campaign make it great value when compared to some of the other "offers" DB claim to be "Fantastic Value". ☺
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Torres actually needs two Stars, so not upset here. I felt bad every time an extra 200% Damage Ezri went for a walk in thin air......

But I cannot make 4* right now, with my situation, so two is okay to go for.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to DB for reminding me why I know it's pointless to try to guess along with their decision making.

Maybe they had some metric for most common 1/5 cards people have released before a certain date.

She has been in the portal a long time so long time players would have had plenty of options to take her in a behold, but she isn't good enough to have been fused up by cites, so she might rank high on such a metric.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never airlocked a legendary before. I have Tipsy Troi at 3/5. I'll be airlocking the other two copies. Commander Troi might just beat Minuet to the freezer. I totally didn't see this coming.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to DB for reminding me why I know it's pointless to try to guess along with their decision making.

Maybe they had some metric for most common 1/5 cards people have released before a certain date.

She has been in the portal a long time so long time players would have had plenty of options to take her in a behold, but she isn't good enough to have been fused up by cites, so she might rank high on such a metric.

That makes sense. When I first started playing, Commander Troi was highly desirable as she was one of just a couple of choices for clearing some locked nodes. But then the nodes were revamped, skill level requirements lowered, and new crew began being added weekly. Before long she was downgraded from a near-must to an indulgence.

Changeling Founder was much the same way, but without the benefit of popping up in events. I imagine she's probably among the leaders of FE 1/5's dumped by players.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    NS111111 wrote: »
    For the new campaign theme to be announced! (I’m guessing).

So far it’s been difficult to detect a theme, we’ve had:

Section 31 Disco (Leland, Georgiou)
    Spock (Disco Spock and Cpt Spock)
    Picard (Lets not go there...)
    Las Vegas (Sisko and Ezri)

Which means we’ve had 1.5 Disco, 0.5 TOS and one a piece for TNG and DS9.

Based on the fact it’s been Picard then a Sisko, you’d imagine the next 5* would be another Captain, but with the best recent Kirk card given out for free recently and Janeway having just had a mega I’m not so sure. Predictions? I’m going for an EV Suit themed one (loosely in honor of the moon landings) with Tucker and Archer or Seven...

eve suit archer would have been most welcome and preferable compared to what we got... & most would have him at least at 1 * from the freebe I didn't notice till your post but a series themed campaign would have been nice .... like to do one from each series in order ... too bad they have broken the streak lol

future campaign ideas ... freebe mail crew
    mambo picard ... survival kirk would have just been priceless & I'd have loved it cause I'd get a 5* gold out of it :D 7 in silver ...