Home Ready Room
Options

Resource for Crew Ship Abilities

I know all the info is in the wiki but is anyone aware of a spreadsheet or source for all the equipment bonus for each crew?
I would love to be able to sort or see who has the highest accuracy, crit rating, evasion, shortest initialization, triggers, etc.
I have not seen a spreadsheet with that info.

Comments

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unaware of such a spreadsheet, but I find the Wiki's Bonus Ability page well organized and easy to manage. Should be pretty easy to create a spreadsheet from that page, too.
  • Options

[KM] Wolf 359, contact me on discord: =j= Orionis, there I can help you
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    @[KM] WOLF 359 , et al.:

The ship abilities spreadsheet now includes the passive ship stat bonuses for all existing crew, fully equipped at level 100.

Pending a few minor edits, The spreadsheet now has the complete ship abilities information for all of the existing cards in the game. I will update it weekly from Shan’s posts in Starfleet Communications.

I hope y’all find it useful! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Quick notes regarding updates:

The date of the last update is now at the top of the sheet, next to the current total number of crew.

New crew will be highlighted in green during the first week (yellow the following week) when they are added to the sheet.
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Questions for anyone who uses the spreadsheet:

1. Would it be helpful if I highlighted current Skirmish Event crew in another color?

2. Would it be better to do away with highlighting completely?

🖖
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I am done with all of this, in every sub-Forum and Discord channel and UC. I am tired of the snark, the one-upmanship, the pedantry, the quibbling, the nastiness, the verbal jousting, the smugness, the elitism ... all of it, everywhere.

@Automaton_2000 , let me know if you want the editing rights to the spreadsheet.

LLAP, y’all.
    ~peregrine~
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. I found your sheet to be really useful and handy.

Thanks for the effort you put in it anyway.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. I found your sheet to be really useful and handy.

Thanks for the effort you put in it anyway.

The spreadsheet will abide. Thank you for saying what you did, @[Mirror] Sanoa . 🖖
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, I appreciate your hard work.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Sorry to hear that, I appreciate your hard work.

Updated for 4* Transporter Chief Rand. I might dial the updates back to one day per week, though, after Shan posts the Event crew stats in Starfleet Communications.

And, thank you. I was glad to help the community in some way. 🖖
  • Options
    Peregrine, please don't interpret this as snark/criticism, because I certainly don't intend it as such. In ship battles, I've plateau'd somewhat. Is there a way to use your spreadsheet to identify the ship and then those crew that are best suited for that ship?

I'd love to see a tool that does so.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a great spreadsheet, @~peregrine~ !! Is there any way you could create a duplicate tab so we could sort by a column like Initialize? Or filter the Trigger column so we can see all the blank ones or cloak triggers, etc.?

That had to have taken a lot of work. I am seriously impressed!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    USS Dart wrote: »
    Peregrine, please don't interpret this as snark/criticism, because I certainly don't intend it as such. In ship battles, I've plateau'd somewhat. Is there a way to use your spreadsheet to identify the ship and then those crew that are best suited for that ship?

Not taken as such, @USS Dart . I have thought about adding a second sheet with the spaceships’ abilities. For reference, the spaceships’ stats may be found here on the Wiki:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Ships#Ships

After that, though, I am unsure how to create such a tool to identify optimum crew for a specific spaceship. I suppose a third sheet could incorporate the first two, somehow, but I need to give some more thought on whether and/or how to do that. 🖖

EDIT: @USS Dart , I have added a new tab ("Ships") that lists the spaceships' basic stats. I still need to parse the Battle Actions data in such a way as to align them with the crews' Bonus Abilities, i.e. timers for Initialization, Cooldown and Duration. Thus, the work in progress warning. LLAP
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    That is a great spreadsheet, @~peregrine~ !! Is there any way you could create a duplicate tab so we could sort by a column like Initialize? Or filter the Trigger column so we can see all the blank ones or cloak triggers, etc.?

Thank you for the compliments, @Prime LorQa [10F] . Per your suggestion, I have added a duplicate tab ("Copy of Crew") for your sorting purposes. In order to sort the spreadsheet, you will still need to save a personal copy, similar to how other such resources are handled. 🖖

EDIT: Here are the links again to the Crew & Ship Abilities spreadsheet:

Bitly link: https://bit.ly/2QcMtUX

Full Google Drive link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vSZLIMkP_UnS9r3Yo3oweJNss2j9pSkUJ7tGZ-3Lpe0/htmlview#gid=830582438
  • Options

Thank you for the compliments, @Prime LorQa [10F] . Per your suggestion, I have added a duplicate tab ("Copy of Crew") for your sorting purposes. In order to sort the spreadsheet, you will still need to save a personal copy, similar to how other such resources are handled.
    🖖

Thank ya, kindly!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Battle Actions for each spaceship may now be found on the "Ships" tab, along with other stats. LLAP

EDIT: I have added a duplicate tab ("Copy of Ships") for sorting purposes. 🖖
  • Options
    @~peregrine~ , would you mind if I share the link to your spreadsheet in my fleet's Discord? (Full credit to you, of course. :) )
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    @~peregrine~ , would you mind if I share the link to your spreadsheet in my fleet's Discord? (Full credit to you, of course. :) )

Feel free to share the link. 🖖
  • Options
    Many thanks again!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we need someone i.e. @Shan to update the pinned topics for all the new/updated sheets that have been coming out recently?
  • Options
    Do we need someone i.e. @Shan to update the pinned topics for all the new/updated sheets that have been coming out recently?

Using the @ does not get Shan’s attention. She has requested before that you send her a direct message if something is missing or needs to be done. 🖖
  • Options

Not taken as such, @USS Dart . I have thought about adding a second sheet with the spaceships’ abilities. For reference, the spaceships’ stats may be found here on the Wiki:

After that, though, I am unsure how to create such a tool to identify optimum crew for a specific spaceship. I suppose a third sheet could incorporate the first two, somehow, but I need to give some more thought on whether and/or how to do that. 🖖

EDIT: @USS Dart , I have added a new tab ("Ships") that lists the spaceships' basic stats. I still need to parse the Battle Actions data in such a way as to align them with the crews' Bonus Abilities, i.e. timers for Initialization, Cooldown and Duration. Thus, the work in progress warning. LLAP

Peregrine, thank you for taking on such a daunting project. I'm not sure if this helps or not, but here's my thoughts on what a tool like this could look like:

1. From the list of ships, you select the one you are interested in. It shows the base data that you collected from the wiki.
    2. Let's use the Klingon K'Vort as an example. If we select that ship, it would show us that there are 2 slots, SEC and ENG. If we select SEC, we get all of the appropriate crew (1-3*), prioritized by those that meet the equipment bonus.

One of my challenges as a Captain is crewing my arena ships. Since the DNA spreadsheet does not account for arena battles, I may freeze crew that would be a good fit for my arena ships but not good for anything that the DNA checklist tracks. Once frozen, I don't "see" them in the arena.

As an aside, the game should do all of this for us without the need for external tools, but that's another discussion.

I hope that helps. If there is anything I can do to assist you, please let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Peregrine, thank you for taking on such a daunting project. I'm not sure if this helps or not, but here's my thoughts on what a tool like this could look like:

1. From the list of ships, you select the one you are interested in. It shows the base data that you collected from the wiki.
    2. Let's use the Klingon K'Vort as an example. If we select that ship, it would show us that there are 2 slots, SEC and ENG. If we select SEC, we get all of the appropriate crew (1-3*), prioritized by those that meet the equipment bonus.

One of my challenges as a Captain is crewing my arena ships. Since the DNA spreadsheet does not account for arena battles, I may freeze crew that would be a good fit for my arena ships but not good for anything that the DNA checklist tracks. Once frozen, I don't "see" them in the arena.

As an aside, the game should do all of this for us without the need for external tools, but that's another discussion.

I hope that helps. If there is anything I can do to assist you, please let me know.

Thanks for the constructive feedback, @USS Dart . It helps clarify the scope of the tool that you have envisioned. A necessary first step would be to add indicators for the crews’ skills in 6 more columns. I will make it so, soon™️ ✅, and thank you for your patience.

After that, the tool tab would need to have drop-down menus for both the ship and each battle slot, the latter being constrained by eligible crew rarities and filtered by skill. This is where my spreadsheet skills are lacking, so it will take some time for me to learn the various formulae. If you (or anyone else interested) have any advice on these, e.g. dropdowns, lookups, filters, &c., I would appreciate the assistance.

In the meantime, I have created a new tab ("Setup") where players may copy & paste the ship & crew data on their own. I agree that the game could do a better job of sorting everything, not just this information, but as you said, that's a whole other discussion.
    🖖
    EDIT: I have imported the crews’ Voyage stats to serve as skill indicators. Those stats may be found in the STT Level 100 Spreadsheet.
  • Options
    I have removed the duplicate tabs. Feel free to add them to your own copy for sorting purposes. ☮️
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Would you mind to add a filter to the sheet? It would save me from making copies (I guess... can you filter on a read-only-document?).
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Would you mind to add a filter to the sheet? It would save me from making copies (I guess... can you filter on a read-only-document?).

What kind of filter do you want?

The purpose of the spreadsheet is to present all of the basic data (from both the STT Wiki and official communications from DB) in one place, so that each user may customize it based on her/his particular needs. This necessarily entails the user making a copy of the sheet for such customization, e.g. to enable sorting & filtering. 🖖
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    If filtering the sheet requires writing rights just forget my request. I thought this could be done on read-only documents too. I do not need further customization, so I copy it only to filter and sort. That is a bit of a dumb Google restriction as the filter and sorting would not need to be persistent.

Thanks for the info anyway!
  • Options
    If filtering the sheet requires writing rights just forget my request. I thought this could be done on read-only documents too. I do not need further customization, so I copy it only to filter and sort. That is a bit of a dumb Google restriction as the filter and sorting would not need to be persistent.

Thanks for the info anyway!

You are most welcome. LLAP
  • Options
    New spaceship! I have added 5* The Artifact to the Ships tab on the spreadsheet. Please note that newer ships will be added with Level 1 information until full stats are gathered, per the Wiki. LLAP