Home The Bridge
Options

October Campaign Thoughts?

mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
Halfway through the back to school campaign so no better time then to start a conversation about next month's campaigns and what you all would hope to get!

So far we have had
Leland - Disco, Security
Cap Spock - TOS, Command
Mirror Picard - Comics/Non-canon/(TNG?), Command
Tuxedo Sisko - DS9, Security
Drunk Troi - TNG, Diplomacy
Prof Sato - Enterprise, Diplomacy

All the characters seem to be mainline characters in their respective series so perhaps the next character should be a Voyager, Med or Sci mainline character? Together with the Halloween theme so someone with the Costumed trait?

If its a Voyager Med or Sci, that would really lean towards EMH or Seven, but they dont have any cards which are costumed unless you classify being a virtuoso or an EV suit a costume.

Personally, I would love 4 copies of Warship EMA :p

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    September was Back to School, why not Halloween themed for October? Costumed or "monster". ProtoWorf would be nice for this...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costumed: Tuskegee Mayweather and RAF O'Brien.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Yes White Rabbit! Kind of thinking Marshall of France Q for the 4*.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    If you add Durango to that for #1 it's interesting to see that they alternate between super strong card and very weak card. So we should be expecting very weak next. ((I should add that mirror picard is strong, but most already had him so I'm marking him weak :) ))
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Halloween! Species 8472 and M-113 Creature:)

Edit: if you are looking for an alternative skill then maybe Sulan instead of 8472
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    halloween screams borg or species 8472 but a new character ... lots of under cover species on that starbase they had... or how about species boothby
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: if you are looking for an alternative skill then maybe Sulan instead of 8472

Or someone with three skills like The Keeper or they could do one of the Keepers from Discovery.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I reckon Costumed - and it’ll be the Harry Kim one! It’s usually a “meh” card when a mega is on
  • Options

Or someone with three skills like The Keeper or they could do one of the Keepers from Discovery.

I’d be down for the keeper!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned that we are due for bad stats in another thread. And someone mentioned Beowulf. Since we haven't had a Voyager legendary, that is possible. But we Liason Torres recently. I'll hold out hope for RAF O'Brien and RAF Bashir.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    NS111111 wrote: »
    I reckon Costumed - and it’ll be the Harry Kim one! It’s usually a “meh” card when a mega is on

At least Beowulf Kim is needed for a good collection. Yet, i d still prefer someone else though.
    7mh6fvp3vv04.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    With the understanding that they can’t give out top tier Legendaries all the time, I’d be ok with someone like Proto Worf. He’s situationally very useful, but by no means a beast. Granted, it might not make people super excited about the campaign (tho who knows, pretty much everyone likes Worf), but it wouldn’t cause the disappointment of a truly abysmal character like Drunk Troi.

I think if they did Proto Worf, it’d be cool to pair him with a new 4 star from that episode, like Proto Troi (didn’t she grow gills in that episode and turn into some kind of fish? It’s been a while since I watched it.)

That’d be a great October/Halloween campaign.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the understanding that they can’t give out top tier Legendaries all the time, I’d be ok with someone like Proto Worf. He’s situationally very useful, but by no means a beast. Granted, it might not make people super excited about the campaign (tho who knows, pretty much everyone likes Worf), but it wouldn’t cause the disappointment of a truly abysmal character like Drunk Troi.

I think if they did Proto Worf, it’d be cool to pair him with a new 4 star from that episode, like Proto Troi (didn’t she grow gills in that episode and turn into some kind of fish? It’s been a while since I watched it.)

A new Protomorphosis Troi would be a really neat 4* addition and a nice gift from DB for the holiday. I could easily see her working as a SCI/DIP/MED, with stats somewhere in the 800/600/300 range (respectively). I can’t remember if she was a fish or an amphibian if some kind, but either way I’d say she deserves Human, Betazoid, Federation, Starfleet, Desperate, Empath, and Primal traits.
  • Options

Proto Worf would be hugely disappointing. A lame two-skiller with good security but not much else and not part of any collections. Bleh!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Well, going with the reality (thus far) that we’re not going to get top tier Legendaries all the time, who is a middle/low-tier legendary you’d be more excited about? I picked Worf because he’d fit the Halloween theme, and he’d be super useful for Worf/Klingon events, which come around often enough that he’d be useful. And for beginning/intermediate players, he’s good enough to be on daily shuttles for COM and SEC, which are the most popular slots.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Species 8472 would be perfect.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Well, going with the reality (thus far) that we’re not going to get top tier Legendaries all the time, who is a middle/low-tier legendary you’d be more excited about? I picked Worf because he’d fit the Halloween theme, and he’d be super useful for Worf/Klingon events, which come around often enough that he’d be useful. And for beginning/intermediate players, he’s good enough to be on daily shuttles for COM and SEC, which are the most popular slots.

But why would people who paid to get the far superior High Roller Sisko pay to get Proto Worf?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    They might not. Just as if your standard is High Roller Sisko, you probably wouldn’t pay for Leland, Captain Spock, or Drunk Troi either.

Agree or disagree, the pattern so far is that DB is *not* giving out elite Legendaries every month. Going by the pattern, this is going to be a month where we aren’t going to get a top-tier legendary.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the campaign legendaries have been 3-skill to date. Even Durango Troi from the beta. I don't expect DB to break that pattern, but I suppose it's possible. Species 8472 would probably create some gauntlet walls, otherwise I would support the idea. They've also been main cast, with the exception of Leland, who was at least a recurring character for most of a season.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might not. Just as if your standard is High Roller Sisko, you probably wouldn’t pay for Leland, Captain Spock, or Drunk Troi either.

Agree or disagree, the pattern so far is that DB is *not* giving out elite Legendaries every month. Going by the pattern, this is going to be a month where we aren’t going to get a top-tier legendary.

I think Species 8472 Invader is a nice balance on this point. Not "elite" in that it only has two skills, isn't the very top in its primary skill. But it has outstanding combined stats for both primary and secondary skills and a near top ranked pair for gauntlet.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    edited September 2019

I do not think you can say that is the pattern when 33%, two of the six campaign cards, and two of the last three were top tier legendaries. Both High Roller Sisko and Professor Sato are top in their primary skill. Then Mirror Picard is very good in gauntlet and has good overall stats and traits. Captain Spock was old but pretty good. Leland was new and pretty good. The only weak card was Commander Troi and she still had three skills, some good traits and is bonus in any future Deanna Troi events. So by my tally there was two great cards, one good card, two pretty good cards and one weak card. 33% top tier, 16.7% good close to top tier, 33% second tier but good and only one weak third tier.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Halloween seems highly appropriate. There's a few monsters out there, but I believe costumed/ mirror main crew would me more popular. If there's a campaign with M-113 monster + Ripper, I think I'll skip ;-)
  • Options
    If it ever is Beowulf Kim, my 2/5 would appreciate immortality. I doubt he's gonna get there by way of me picking him in a Behold or Citation. I don't have any enthusiasm about him, though, outside of that. There's a pretty good chance he'd end up being the first 5* I freeze.
  • Options
    I guess I just don’t agree that Proto Worf stinks as bad as you think he does. BB agrees, calling him Tier 7 (not that BB is infallible, but in this case, it does agree more or less with my valuation).

::shrug:: At any rate, he’s my suggestion for who I think would be a decent crew who fits in with an October/Halloween theme.

However, your dislike of Proto Worf is noted.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    ...may I also posit Guinevere Kira and Princess Dax as a fun costumed combo.

Love this idea
  • Options

I do not think you can say that is the pattern when 33%, two of the six campaign cards, and two of the last three were top tier legendaries. Both High Roller Sisko and Professor Sato are top in their primary skill. Then Mirror Picard is very good in gauntlet and has good overall stats and traits. Captain Spock was old but pretty good. Leland was new and pretty good. The only weak card was Commander Troi and she still had three skills, some good traits and is bonus in any future Deanna Troi events. So by my tally there was two great cards, one good card, two pretty good cards and one weak card. 33% top tier, 16.7% good close to top tier, 33% second tier but good and only one weak third tier.

I also think you can't really take too much away from the choices so far as being a "pattern." My read of it is that it's not much more complicated than DB coming up with a theme and picking crew that fit. If they're good/bad/mediocre, it seems to be of secondary concern.
  • Options
    I'll take a Data V / Friar Tuck Data combo.