Home The Bridge
Options

October Campaign Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it ever is Beowulf Kim, my 2/5 would appreciate immortality. I doubt he's gonna get there by way of me picking him in a Behold or Citation. I don't have any enthusiasm about him, though, outside of that. There's a pretty good chance he'd end up being the first 5* I freeze.

My 1/5 Beowulf agrees wholeheartedly.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I guess I just don’t agree that Proto Worf stinks as bad as you think he does. BB agrees, calling him Tier 7 (not that BB is infallible, but in this case, it does agree more or less with my valuation).

::shrug:: At any rate, he’s my suggestion for who I think would be a decent crew who fits in with an October/Halloween theme.

However, your dislike of Proto Worf is noted.

If First Tier is great wouldn't Seventh Tier be terrible? But then you are saying you do not think Proto Worf is terrible? Who is BB? I would not mind Proto Worf in one of the weekly $10 legendary give aways but for month long campaigns I need someone with three skills who can help my crew. Proto Troi would be cool in an event later down the road. I like the idea of a Halloween person and DB could certainly pull from many different Halloween crew but I would prefer The Keeper or a costumed jury rigger like North Star Tucker or RAF O'Brien.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    There's always Protomorphosis Barclay, too. He'd at least count toward The Daystrom Award collection. Assimilated Tuvok is creepy; Assimilated Torres is creepier. Hell, she's holding a severed head. That's pretty smurfing horrific.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Mirror Crew for Halloween would be cool too. Princess Dax (immortalized already for me) and Kira Guinevere is a good choice too. Borgafied crew is another good choice, I don't have Torres or Janeway as Borg...... just saying lol
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's always Protomorphosis Barclay, too. He'd at least count toward The Daystrom Award collection. Assimilated Tuvok is creepy; Assimilated Torres is creepier. Hell, she's holding a severed head. That's pretty smurfing horrific.

Borgtober
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to finish my Keeper. I also really like the Idea of Borgtober. As long as it's not Five of Twelve, the only Gold Borg I have Immortal.
  • Options
    shadow8803shadow8803 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019

I think Proto Barclay is a great option. He’s strong, but not too high a tier, and his character involves a lot of Halloween imagery: Spiders...random claws...anxiety and dread...identity issues. And I’m saying this as an owner of a 1/5 Proto Worf.

I’m also a fan of the princess Dax and Queen Guinevere Kira combo...but maybe in a different month...what month did the Princess Bride come out? But then you’d HAVE to have Grand Nagus Zek as the gold, so IDK.

Ooh! If we had a Princess Bride month, Zek could be the legendary prize, and they could release a new 4* of Martus Mazur (played by Chris Sarandon in a very decent episode of DS9, ‘Rivals’).

hh7x79rucy1r.jpeg
  • Options
    shadow8803 wrote: »

I think Proto Barclay is a great option. He’s strong, but not too high a tier, and his character involves a lot of Halloween imagery: Spiders...random claws...anxiety and dread...identity issues. And I’m saying this as an owner of a 1/5 Proto Worf.

I’m also a fan of the princess Dax and Queen Guinevere Kira combo...but maybe in a different month...what month did the Princess Bride come out? But then you’d HAVE to have Grand Nagus Zek as the gold, so IDK.

The Princess Bride opened on 25 September 1987. I'm presently participating in a month-long Criterion Collection viewing challenge on another forum, and last year's Blu-ray release is on my list of objectives. Once I finish all the supplements for M, I may take your post as a sign I should make it my next!

If DB ever gave us Mazur from the DS9 episode "Rivals" as a 4*, he could pair with Zek; Mazur was played by Chris Sarandon (Prince Humperdinck).
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    If you add Durango to that for #1 it's interesting to see that they alternate between super strong card and very weak card. So we should be expecting very weak next. ((I should add that mirror picard is strong, but most already had him so I'm marking him weak :) ))

I wouldn't consider Captain Spock "super strong" at all ... more like meh, similar to Leland.

There could be a kind of doubleheader campaign:

Halloween/MLB playoffs
    4* Buck Bokai
    5* Niners Worf - a "horrific" 3-skiller in costume ... would actually prefer Niners Sisko, but we just had a variant of him.

For a straight Halloween one there are just too many options to consider ...
    Satan's Robot ... a combo of Mobile Doc and that Seven so we can create our own monster (yeah that 5* card is just horrific) ... and many (though not all - The Keeper, really?!?) of the suggestions above by others, my favourites include the Borgtober suggestions and Photo Barclay.
  • Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not too picky about the 5*, there are some really good suggestions above. But the 4* should be Mutated Paris.
  • Options
    shadow8803shadow8803 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Satan's Robot ... a combo of Mobile Doc and that Seven so we can create our own monster (yeah that 5* card is just horrific) ... and many (though not all - The Keeper, really?!?) of the suggestions above by others, my favourites include the Borgtober suggestions and Photo Barclay.

Per my topic derailment sensibilities...

The absurdist in me would really like to see a Barclay card of him on the beach, but in a Polaroid photo of himself (i.e. photo Barclay lol), maybe a selfie he took with unwitting Troi when he ruined her vacation.

txvjjjm47a8z.jpeg

Hmm...I guess there is already the Barclay Hologram in the game (again, photonic Barclay), but that’s not as fun.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    V. wrote: »
    If you add Durango to that for #1 it's interesting to see that they alternate between super strong card and very weak card. So we should be expecting very weak next. ((I should add that mirror picard is strong, but most already had him so I'm marking him weak :) ))

I wouldn't consider Captain Spock "super strong" at all ... more like meh, similar to Leland.

There could be a kind of doubleheader campaign:

Halloween/MLB playoffs
    4* Buck Bokai
    5* Niners Worf - a "horrific" 3-skiller in costume ... would actually prefer Niners Sisko, but we just had a variant of him.

I'd rather a horror theme in October, and the Niners next spring. Whoever is in the Campaign, The Viceroy should be the 3* in October dailies, though, right? I mean, just look at the dude. HE HAS BAT EARS AND NOSFERATU CHOMPERS.

Along these lines, I'm reminded of my single favorite moment in any of the Trek novels I read, Bloodthirst by J.M. Dillard. No context needed, but it's spoken by Chekov to Sulu:

"Starfleet Security can do nothing about... wampires."*

God, I wish that had been an actual episode.

*Please correct my wording if you have the book; I'm not 100% certain I remember it verbatim.
  • Options
    September was Back to School, why not Halloween themed for October? Costumed or "monster". ProtoWorf would be nice for this...

Hear hear !!!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll share my post from the September Campaign Thoughts thread, when the discussion had turned to look ahead to October...

The October campaign could feature monsters and scary crew to help celebrate Halloween:

5* Crew
    - Proto Barclay
    - Proto Worf
    - Satan's Robot
    - Mugato
    - Ripper
    - Yarnek
    - Species 8472
    - White Rabbit (doubtful)

4* Crew
    - Mother Horta
    - M-113 Creature
    - Ruk
    - Mutated Paris (a stretch, but throws players a bone in their quest to get Evolved Janeway)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Prince Humperdinck)

Stop saying that name. You promised you wouldn't say that name.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I just had a thought...
    What if the October mega event is Halloween (Costumed) theme?

What then for the campaign? Are there any Trek events or major conventions scheduled? Could it be the first time that campaign and mega event share a theme? Could it be time for Niners Sisko and a new SR Ezri "Fancy Dan" Dax? The first upside down crew to be introduced in a campaign? Or... some... fourth option? (Because DB)

Edit: Has anyone seen Byloband? I don't recall seeing him recently.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    All these suggestions are great and spot-on, but I wouldn’t be surprised if DB pulled a (White) rabbit out of their hats.

A totally outside the box idea that I’d love to see (even though I know the chances are very slim) is a campaign based around TOS’s episode Catspaw. It was originally (and purposefully) aired right before Halloween in 1967, and contained spooky/magical/unexplained elements. It features two villains named Korob and Sylvia (Sylvia appeared both as a woman and a black cat, lol.). Would love it if we could get Korob as a 4 star and Sylvia as a 5 star. Even if they weren’t “the best” cards, I bet a lot of people would be intrigued to get their hands on some new cards in the campaign.

Oh well, I doubt it will happen, but I think it’s a great idea and I’d be thrilled if they did something like this.

Reading this thread I was thinking of exactly this. Glad to see it posted.
    And if nothing else, someone from the episode would make for a nice Halloween giveaway.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    - Mutated Paris (a stretch, but throws players a bone in their quest to get Evolved Janeway)

That would be great! :smiley:

• Options
    Surprised we haven't seen the new Campaign announced yet - it's usually about a week before isn't it?
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised we haven't seen the new Campaign announced yet - it's usually about a week before isn't it?

Later today probably.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for announcement
    od23osucaml1.gif

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Whoever guessed Proto Barclay and M-113 creature, give yourselves a pat on the back!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever guessed Proto Barclay and M-113 creature, give yourselves a pat on the back!

I was half right. I know someone or more threw Broccoli out there

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both crew were on my initial short list of scary/monster crew options. My 2/5 Proto Barclay is thrilled, as I'll once again be able to immortalize the 5* crew!
  • Options
    Very happy about the decision to have 5* Proto Barclay for Halloween!! Even the M-113 creature, immortalised, but great choices!! Nicely done DB!
  • Options
    It is really unbelievable. That barclay ist the third 5* I already have immortalized... I have just 25 at all... Bad luck I guess. I really become angry.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing two stars on Barclay, so I guess I'll be starting a second one lol
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    missing 3 on Barclay. works for me.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!