Home Engineering Room
Options

Servers down? Servers are not down - AWS outage impacting access to the game

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was playing a few moments ago, then did the update from App Store that gave me the new start screen, but simultaneously made it impossible for me to get the game to load.
    I keep getting the ‘issue with remote server’ message that others have posted as well.
    Before the update the game was working just fine and I was considering getting the 12 hr deal with character and extras.

ETA: Trying to start the game on either 4G or Wi-Fi ends up only with the same error message.

To clarify, you mean the update on iOS?
  • Options
    DeeTroiDeeTroi
    edited October 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    I was playing a few moments ago, then did the update from App Store that gave me the new start screen, but simultaneously made it impossible for me to get the game to load.
    I keep getting the ‘issue with remote server’ message that others have posted as well.
    Before the update the game was working just fine and I was considering getting the 12 hr deal with character and extras.

ETA: Trying to start the game on either 4G or Wi-Fi ends up only with the same error message.

To clarify, you mean the update on iOS?

Yes, exactly the update on iOS. Before that the game worked without any problems, but ever since the iOS update it keeps giving me the same server error message.
  • Options
    I haven't been able to log in either, since about 7 am PST.

• Options
    If I may quote Dr Frankenstein: “It’s alive!”

The game just loaded itself without any delays and I was able to see the Orion Vina offer again.
  • Options
    [DDF]McMave[DDF]McMave ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yes, same problem here in the Netherlands on an Android phone. enskmtn7kwyg.jpg
    I'm gonna start up my PC and check that as well

[edit]
    Windows App and Steam are also down
    Proud member of the [DDF] fleet.
  • Options
    On rhe Google store app I can log in. But not on steam, and that's my primary play.
  • Options
    Same problem here. Norway is down too. Both Android and Steam.
  • Options
    Can't play on Windows 10 PC in U.S.
  • Options
    Why is this happening and how to fix?

sonrxojqlclc.png
    dtfd7l1hm2dc.jpeg
    cx4d21zqndtu.png
  • Options
    This new update was auto-downloaded through iTunes for my iPad Pro and suddenly all the servers are down and I can’t get in the game at all. If it helps, I’m using a wireless router with cellular as my backup and am in Mississippi, USA. Hope this gets fixed soon!
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    I am back in the game now, hope that it will be good for the rest soon too.
  • Options
    Still no connection via Wi-Fi, but able to connect via 4g. Netherlands, Android
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    8hiz41wt07qp.jpg
    Also cannot connect in california tried on multiple android devices both wifi and cellular
  • Options
    Same issues here (Germany). I can't play since a few hours and it doesn't matter if I try it with my mobile (android) or my computer (windows 10). It's sad that I won't be able do my daily tasks and I also bet that my voyage has crashed without having the possibility to avoid it.
  • Options
    Wifi down, but data working in Western Washington./
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Cant even file a support tickett because i cant even get signed in obviously our internet connections all work because we can cry about it here
  • Options
    Same Problem in Vienna Austria for hours. Both, Wifi and 4G do not work on Android 5.1.1 nor on Android 10.
  • Options
    EurymoneEurymone ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Game was back for a while, and now again, remote server error message or high load message. Poland.
    Already lost at least 150 dilithium on voyage revival.
  • Options
    Marwell wrote: »
    Same Problem in Vienna Austria for hours. Both, Wifi and 4G do not work on Android 5.1.1 nor on Android 10.

I tried 2 different accounts on four different devices using 3 different connections its on their end for sure
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a DNS issue at one of our providers and this is impacting the access to the game for some of you. They are working on it and I hope this will get resolved soon.
  • Options
    I could get on fine with my WiFi at home but once I left I have been unable to get on with 4g
  • Options
    5a8wycisnx0x.jpg
    Getting this error message for last 90 minutes
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said above there is a DNS outage at one of our providers and it is creating the issues you are seeing.

Once it will get resolved it will take some time to propagate to everyone as well.

We are continuing to monitor on our end.
    A reminder that in situations like these, it is helpful to provide your location and the platform/device/client version you are using.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    There is a DNS issue at one of our providers and this is impacting the access to the game for some of you. They are working on it and I hope this will get resolved soon.

Thanks shan hopefully its not too too long
  • Options
    Got the same issue on my iphone 7 which just received a new STT update (new game logo?). My ipad with no updated game still works fine.
    Location Netherlands.
    Platforms iphone 7 with most recent updates and ipad with most recent update except for STT
  • Options
    JanewayRocks2JanewayRocks2 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Got the same issue on my iphone 7 which just received a new STT update (new game logo?). My ipad with no updated game still works fine.
    Location Netherlands.
    Platforms iphone 7 with most recent updates and ipad with most recent update except for STT
    UPDATE: my ipad just updated STT to the latest version. Now the ipad STT game has the same error message. So I cant finish my daily missions 😭
    @Shan looks like this issue is therefore related to the new game update?

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Location Netherlands.
    UPDATE: my ipad just updated STT to the latest version. Now the ipad STT game has the same error message. So I cant finish my daily missions 😭
    @Shan looks like this issue is therefore related to the new game update?

I do not think so, various platforms are affected and were affected prior to you updating the game.
    Once the DNS issue resolves we will have a clearer picture of the situation.
  • Options
    @shan. Exact same problem as dee troi above. Downloaded new version onto IOS. Wont load. US. Not Sweden. Must be your end. Lots of complaints already.
    pw6sae0xy5vc.png
    rezin70rtq5v.png
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    7beiacvihydd.png

I just got the error after no issues most of the day.
    Platform: Android phone

Wish the team luck for us!

hqjbbd1u7mix.jpg
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    How funny is this? My internet connection gives me the error, but my cell connection is fine...
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself