Home Engineering Room
Options

Servers down? Servers are not down - AWS outage impacting access to the game

Comments

• Options
    If you are still having problems, clear your DNS cache (PC) or clear your app cache (android). That should clear up the issue, but your app will need to re-download stuff, affecting performance and consuming data (for those of us not fortunate to have unlimited, useful data plans).
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Clearing cache isn't working. Uninstalled game and reinstalled, still nothing.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearing cache isn't working. Uninstalled game and reinstalled, still nothing.

Cross-posting from another thread here in Engineering:
    Shan wrote: »
    If the game was down it would actually make things much easier, we would let you know, investigate the issue, fix it and it would get resolved.

The issue is still ongoing.
    It is an AWS DNS resolution issue, intermittent at that.
    https://status.aws.amazon.com/

It affects access to our game but also these forums and hosted images.

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Thanks, saw that. So until it says the issue is resolved, there isn't anything I can do? I tried my PC as well and I get the same issue.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    My app just updated, and now this...great.

Platform: iOS

86ceczvix72a.png

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Still out. Idaho. Android. From 5am - 8:15pm mountain time. I live in hope, but, arrggg... I'm sure everyone feels the same.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks, saw that. So until it says the issue is resolved, there isn't anything I can do? I tried my PC as well and I get the same issue.

I would suggest that you keep trying on all platforms. Just now, I was able to log in via the Windows 10 app on my PC, but it took multiple attempts to establish a connection to the remote server. Same thing happened with my Amazon Kindle Fire.

Good luck! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I always complete my dailies, only once or twice in more than 3 years and a half of playing I didn't complete dailies, but in my case it's already time to sleep, I request for everyone:
    1) full complete daily tasks prizes
    2) the most possible schematics because we were not able to play
    3) something interesting to say we are sorry for the downtime.
  • Options
    bkeztswrleys.jpg
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I'd settle for two copies of Commanding Officer Sisko so I can finally freeze him without resorting to using honour.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found this while googling for more info https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/10/22/aws_dns_ddos/
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always complete my dailies, only once or twice in more than 3 years and a half of playing I didn't complete dailies, but in my case it's already time to sleep, I request for everyone:
    1) full complete daily tasks prizes
    2) the most possible schematics because we were not able to play
    3) something interesting to say we are sorry for the downtime.

I have merged your thread with this one.
    The game is not down, an outage at AWS is impacting various services including the access to our game.
  • Options
    FYI from the other thread. This worked for me on my computer. I used Windscribe as it was free and set to East coast location.
    Hey all, I was able to use a VPN to change my location and get into the game. This may be a work-around for some. Using a New York location worked for me.

• Options
    good morning from Vienna!
    Login finally successfully :)
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    Problem is also solved in the Netherlands. I can do some dailies.
    Proud member of the [DDF] fleet.
  • Options
    I found this while googling for more info https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/10/22/aws_dns_ddos/

Ahh, El Reg, my favourite website!

Back on topic: I can connect using 4G in the UK (Vodafone) but not WiFi (TalkTalk). Using android.
  • Options
    I am also in UK - 4G on Vodafone let me in about an hour ago but is now showing the same Server Error message in the various screen grabs in this thread, Windows 10 on PC has not let me access at all yet and only shows the Server Error message.
  • Options
    Adam2791Adam2791 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    In UK, neither Windows 10 app nor Steam even uninstalled/re-installed still refusing access to the game. Been like this since yesterday evening - only have laptop / no smartphone so can't log in, it's right at the end of the campaign too .. NNNNNGH yet every other website I've tried to visit seems fine except can't play Timelines. On any platform.
  • Options
    I did notice a new icon on my phone this morning for the game so there must have been some kind of upgrade from DB. Could this have any significance?
  • Options
    I'm on the East Coast of North America. I see that it's an ongoing issue. I have a crash report. I'll attach the text file to "Submit a request".

Server Errors 2019-10-23 A

• Options
    Adam2791Adam2791 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I uninstalled Win 10 app again - it opened on the 2nd reinstallation - I had to replay the first 5? levels then was able to relink account and log in for the first time. Hope this may be of use to other players somehow too.. [edited to add] Though after five minutes it crashed and now its stuck back on the stupid server error message, AGH
  • Options
    If the game was down it would actually make things much easier, we would let you know, investigate the issue, fix it and it would get resolved.

The issue is still ongoing.
    It is an AWS DNS resolution issue, intermittent at that.
    https://status.aws.amazon.com/

It affects access to our game but also these forums and hosted images.

Shan, this link says the problem is resolved but I'm still getting the same error. I'm in Nebraska. Going on 15 hours now.
  • Options
    Still having problems accessing game.....Pacific northwest android
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Capt Ajamm. I am also in the Pacific Northwest on an android. I can't get in on WIFI, but can using data.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hong Kong problems between 10pm and 5am GMT. Seems to be resolved now.
    Checked for updates for the game and android, both were on the latest version.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is noted as resolved on AWS side but if that is correct it will still take some time for the situation to stabilize for everyone.
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    ig4gco51dyi2.jpg

• Options
    just wanted to say when my droid 4g/wifi didnt work, it did work on steam so that probably has another "route" pun intended; just a little login problem that seemed same as yesterday but after 3 tries it cleared up and im back in
  • Options
    I'm unable to connect as well. Even re installed the app, nothing