Home Ready Room

Ray’s Law of Ten Hour Voyages

Greetings Capitans;

After extensive testing, I’m ready to convert my theory to law.

If you’d like a ten hour voyage, unassisted by re-fueling, stick to Ray’s Law. Adherence becomes much easier once you pass the 90 fully fused, fully equipped legend threshold, as ship & crew bonus is critical.

Using all bonused ship and crew (you can cheat a bit and still pass with luck, but you need anti-matter in excess of 2925 to be confident) do the following:

Stock primary and secondary skills in excess of 12,000
Sélect two other skills and get them in excess of 6,000
The remaining two skill slots are irrelevant.

Happy cruising, bon voyage,

RayZor, Admiral of KDF (sometime recruiting)

Comments

• #tenhourvoyage
    #voyages
  • That was with a anti-matter refill Banjo, I’m talking about doing it without help. The method described above fails in our squads tests, so perhaps you experienced an anomaly
  • I find its best to have gold and silver at around 12,500. Antimatter can be around 2800.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I ignore three skills, stack a third as much as possible, and always get 10 hours. It’s also the way I got 11 hours. Plus I never get 2925 AM. I’m good if it’s 2750 or so

0g13ak5mpeu2.png

I have tried this several times, the antimatter loss in the first 8 hours was so decent that I never reached 10 hours.
    It's still amazing how big the impact of RNG is when you try to max voyages.
    My best was 10:53

7elmr5ka30eb.jpg
  • @Paladin 27 I do regularly hit 10 hours with 12/12/6/6, so I believe we’re in agreement. Some context around the well I draw from.

94 Immortal legends to draw from, so my crew runs very deep. That doesn’t make your very sound analysis less valuable and I think you’ve provided a great analysis, but my goal is to provide simple benchmarks that others can replicate and easily remember.

@Banjo1012 no need to troll the noobs. Your claim is demonstratably false and we’re veterans on this thread, so no competitive advantage will be gained my man.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RayZor wrote: »
    @Paladin 27 I do regularly hit 10 hours with 12/12/6/6, so I believe we’re in agreement. Some context around the well I draw from.

94 Immortal legends to draw from, so my crew runs very deep. That doesn’t make your very sound analysis less valuable and I think you’ve provided a great analysis, but my goal is to provide simple benchmarks that others can replicate and easily remember.

@Banjo1012 no need to troll the noobs. Your claim is demonstratably false and we’re veterans on this thread, so no competitive advantage will be gained my man.

Wow. You’re a total &!$#!!! And you’re way off base. To be honest when I first read your thread I thought duh, Captain Obvious strikes but I didn’t want to be insulting so I figured I would add my two cents and what has worked for me. You came back with I’m a rookie, I’ve lied about my success, and I belong in STT pre-school.

• RayZor  RayZor ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Always? @Banjo1012

Your claim is “always”
    Your method is “by loading up a third” “as much as you can.” That’s two slots. This takes a bit more balance and finesse than what you describe above and luck matters in voyages, so I’ll highlight once more your claim....

“Always”

Really bro? That’s your words above.

Let’s be honest amongst fellow Trekkers shall we?
  • 361b05zx2n0i.png
    An example of a solid 10 hour cruise.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    So @RayZor 's lower 4 stats add to 18,886 and @Banjo1012 's add to 18,848. Banjo's was a little better because of the primary and secondary being so high, but it terms of chance to hit 10 hours, those two voyages are pretty much the same.
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    So @RayZor 's lower 4 stats add to 18,886 and @Banjo1012 's add to 18,848. Banjo's was a little better because of the primary and secondary being so high, but it terms of chance to hit 10 hours, those two voyages are pretty much the same.

And the difference here may be that I’m not after 10 hours. I’m after the longest voyage I can get every time I send one out. That means getting the gold and silver skills to 13,000 as my goal every time is 11 hours. I have found that the other 4 skills aren’t 10%-10-10-10 it’s more like 12-10-10-8. If you can guess right on which one the 12 is, as I did in the above screenshot with COM, you can get 11 hours
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »

Agreed. However, he claims anti-matter at start is unimportant, our results vary greatly and of course, a claim of 100% 10 hour attainment is questionable based on years of actual play.

Most importantly though, this set up will not achieve 11 hours. He claims it does and in game experience shows that’d a bit of an exaggeration to say the least @Paladin 27

More importantly though, this thread is simple and we agree on all points.

For the noobies, if you want ten hours.

- Get Primary and Secondary skills around the benchmark Paladin has kindly outlined above. 12.5k should work.
    - Get two more above six thousandish
    - Bonus matters. Hit it hard and try your best to use bonused crew and ships exclusively

If you do, you’ll hit 10 hours about 60% of the time based on our squads in game experience.

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. However, he claims anti-matter at start is unimportant, our results vary greatly and of course, a claim of 100% 10 hour attainment is questionable based on years of actual play.

Most importantly though, this set up will not achieve 11 hours. He claims it does and in game experience shows that’d a bit of an exaggeration to say the least @Paladin 27

- Get Primary and Secondary skills around the benchmark Paladin has kindly outlined above. 12.5k should work.
    - Bonus matters. Hit it hard and try your best to use bonused crew and ships exclusively

If you do, you’ll hit 10 hours about 60% of the time based on our squads in game experience.

My main thing is the contention that only 1 or 2 of the tertiary stat's matter versus the total of all 4. 6k/6k/1k/1k is a lot different than 7k/6k/4k/3k as your voyage is. A 12.5k/12.5k with 19k on the other stats will usually get to 10 hours, 60% seems about right. the 6/6/1/1 won't get there very often (well under 25%). A 12.5k/12.5k with 21k on the other 4 stats might get there 90% of the time.
    Noobies can’t get a 10 hour voyage. They don’t have the crew. And despite what you think I have gotten 11 hours with my set up and can get 10 at least 60% of the time just like your elitist narcissistic self can. Stop talking down to me as if I have no credibility whatsoever.

Credibility is earned when you don’t begin with a false claim and dismissive attitude at the top of the thread @Banjo1012
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »

My main thing is the contention that only 1 or 2 of the tertiary stat's matter versus the total of all 4. 6k/6k/1k/1k is a lot different than 7k/6k/4k/3k as your voyage is. A 12.5k/12.5k with 19k on the other stats will usually get to 10 hours, 60% seems about right. the 6/6/1/1 won't get there very often (well under 25%). A 12.5k/12.5k with 21k on the other 4 stats might get there 90% of the time.

That’s a really great point and addition to the thread. Thanks @Paladin 27

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first 11 hour voyage looked like this:

0juv1d86ezwz.png
  • robownage wrote: »

0juv1d86ezwz.png

@robownage great stuff, thanks for sharing and congrats. Curious to know the antimatter stock at start. Was your crew all bonused?

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

0juv1d86ezwz.png

@robownage great stuff, thanks for sharing and congrats. Curious to know the antimatter stock at start. Was your crew all bonused?

Definitely not all bonused, but I don't have screenshots to remind me of the details.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have anywhere near that many immortal gold's... Plus I have no immortal purples outside the freezer (my spreadsheet tells me that my army of golds outweigh the best purple I have and with the crew slots I have, I'm better off with frozen purples).

The best I have managed is 9hrs 30mins, and that was primary and secondary loaded to 12K and the rest balanced at 4000. Also, couldn't get initial AM to much higher than 2750. I reckon 10 hrs will be hit soon though. Incidentally, the best crew I got in that voyage was a green. Typical!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
    So here is my last voyage. I will await your claims that it was photoshopped. Starting AM was 2725

1k4wa1fr7awf.png
    h8pxsvumm0lc.png
    wj4hn9ywkpwo.png
    x5kgatj7fizi.png

So here is my last voyage. I will await your claims that it was photoshopped. Starting AM was 2725

1k4wa1fr7awf.png
    h8pxsvumm0lc.png
    wj4hn9ywkpwo.png
    x5kgatj7fizi.png

Nice one @Banjo1012, I stand corrected. Thanks for sharing

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Just to add my 2 cents but if you have 90+ immortal legendaries I would be surprised if you weren’t hitting 10hours regularly.

Case in point I only have about a third of that and my last voyage made just shy of 10.5 hours, I started with 2750 am.

Personally I’m a firm believer of preventing high attrition rate of antimatter loss in the first 4-6 hours of the voyage.

x6eob2vkakro.png
    h8wjuygo2gi5.png
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    Just to add my 2 cents but if you have 90+ immortal legendaries I would be surprised if you weren’t hitting 10hours regularly.

Case in point I only have about a third of that and my last voyage made just shy of 10.5 hours, I started with 2750 am.

Personally I’m a firm believer of preventing high attrition rate of antimatter loss in the first 4-6 hours of the voyage.

x6eob2vkakro.png
    h8wjuygo2gi5.png

With my set up, I do run that risk. I have gotten over 10:30 many times the way I do it, but I also get bombs that barely go 9:00 in there too