Home Ready Room
Options

Ray’s Law of Ten Hour Voyages

Comments

• Options
    RayZor  RayZor ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    ha75j71wkm96.png
    Very typical outcome for the 12,12,6,6 formula.
  • Options
    ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    Without naming names, I can tell someone in this thread trades crypto
  • Options
    Starting AM 2725. Any bets on if I make 10hr?
    0bn6b4ory2h9.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

a1bmuk4el2w2.png

• Options
    0bn6b4ory2h9.jpg
    You got this brother!
  • Options
    mjmuc48929sw.png
    Standard goodness
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wex8t6byhjgq.png
  • Options
    m0j7obi37ra3.png
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    wex8t6byhjgq.png

An equally close call but distributed power.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ja13b6g6b2el.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6o83vpuxo8vk.png
  • Options
    RayZor wrote: »
    0bn6b4ory2h9.jpg
    You got this brother!

Had a really bad run of RNG and only got 9:47 on this one. My latest made it though, but real life got in the way and it died @10:17.
    y23sje93wrlu.jpg

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    1nk3smo4r700.png

This is one of the riskier approaches, usually I go for balanced 5-6k non-featured skills and 12.5k featured skills.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0scgc4rbaeqz.png
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    0scgc4rbaeqz.png

I think you can let it go now, as you have proven your point. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0scgc4rbaeqz.png

I think you can let it go now, as you have proven your point. 🖖

I was waiting for that as my cue.

• Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Here's a screenshot from one that got really good RNG. I'll try to remember to post the skill checks. Glad I had the time to babysit this all the way to 10.
    0mjook7x2rgn.jpg
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic wrote: »
    So, Ray, where do you base that Banjo refilled his AM? I see nothing there...

FWIW, I try to max AM at the beginning and front-load gold and silver to 12k or so while trying to balance the rest at 4K or better.

And then chicken out at 9 hours, as I miss too many that fail right at 9:55...and work ALWAYS keeps me from noticing.

Fantastic’s Law: if your game needs you, your job needs you more.

Use the Formula.

Remaining Anti-Matter divided by 22 equals minimum minutes left.

Never fails me. {2640 Anti-Matter minimum after a Dilemma guarantees will make the next Dilemma.} At nine hours use the Formula. If you have more than 1320 Anti-Matter, it should always make the next Dilemma.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic wrote: »
    So, Ray, where do you base that Banjo refilled his AM? I see nothing there...

FWIW, I try to max AM at the beginning and front-load gold and silver to 12k or so while trying to balance the rest at 4K or better.

And then chicken out at 9 hours, as I miss too many that fail right at 9:55...and work ALWAYS keeps me from noticing.

Fantastic’s Law: if your game needs you, your job needs you more.

Use the Formula.

Remaining Anti-Matter divided by 22 equals minimum minutes left.

Never fails me. {2640 Anti-Matter minimum after a Dilemma guarantees will make the next Dilemma.} At nine hours use the Formula. If you have more than 1320 Anti-Matter, it should always make the next Dilemma.......

I divide it by 30 just to be on the safe side. A hazard a minute. But I do always have my skill numbers, at least the goals and silver, enough to go 11 hours so I never get to the point where I fail all hazards unless I go past ten and forget to recall. If I am under 400AM at ten hours I recall at 10 cuz I won’t get to 11. If I’m above 400 there’s a chance for 11 so I let it ride

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this has been overkill but it lasted past 11 hours so the pride factor made me do it. It’s my third 11 hour tour!

baq95z2cdobw.png
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this has been overkill but it lasted past 11 hours so the pride factor made me do it. It’s my third 11 hour tour!

baq95z2cdobw.png

RNGesus smiled upon your choice of SEC for unbalanced tertiaries. Rock on, E.W.B.! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

baq95z2cdobw.png

RNGesus smiled upon your choice of SEC for unbalanced tertiaries. Rock on, E.W.B.! 🖖

In my best Alec Guinness voice....”now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time”

• Options
    ReginoldJuddReginoldJudd ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    A while back I did a lengthy bit of testing and theory crafting that ultimately led to the following rule:
    If you were to convert all your stats to points that you could assign as you pleased, the longest possible voyage without refills would come from starting with roughly 6000 points each in the gold and silver skills, and then taking all remaining points and dividing them 1/6th into gold, 1/6th into silver, and the remainder, divide among the other 4 in any way you wish, SO LONG AS no one of the skills exceeds your gold or silver skill.

What does that mean? Well, let's say you have 45,000 points to spend. You start off putting 6k each in gold and silver, so that you get
    6000, 6000, 0, 0, 0, 0
    Now you have 33,000 points remaining. 5500 each will go into silver and gold
    11500, 11500, 0, 0, 0, 0
    And you're left with 22,000 to spend on the remaining 4. You could (theoretically) put 11,000 into 2 skills and 0 into the other 2 and get exactly the same expected run time as 5,500 in each skill.

11500, 11500, 10500, 10500, 500, 500
    11500, 11500, 8000, 6000, 4000, 4000
    Both missions should run roughly the same amount of time.

Now, if you REALLY want to get bogged down, the exact values to substitute in there are:
    Starting value of gold/silver skills = 2x starting antimatter
    31% of points go into gold/silver after that, 69% into the other 4.
    Gold can be 1 point higher than silver, but only 0 or 1 point difference achieve the highest run time. Anything beyond that is wasted.
    Same is true for off-star skills that are above either one.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Here's one I'm kinda proud of ... my first for the combo CMD/MED ... #11 of 15 combos to hit 10 hrs.

lk1iotvqnibs.png

For those interested, crew were:
    CMD - Borg Queen, Prince Bashir; DIP - Gloria, AoS Crusher; SEC - Bartender Guinan, Bell Riots Bashir; SCI - Tenavik, Pollard; ENG - Po, RAF O'Brien; MED - Q as "God", Cornwell.
    Starting AM: 2775.

Interesting fact: Would have been a good DIP/MED too. :)

Also, most of the crew have been available to all players ... bar Pollard, RAF O'Brien and AoS Crusher. Po and Gloria have been from campaigns, Bartender Guinan the gauntlet, Prince Bashir freebee and the rest (5) were mega-event crew.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent out a Voyage pretty much simultaneously with you posting this, @RaraRacing! I think I ended up hitting about what I'd have gone for if I had read your post first, though:

afqps8qav52f.jpg

Primary (DIP): 12063
    Secondary (CMD): 10609
    Others (Cumulative): 24642

Starting Antimatter: 2800
    First Officer: Laborer Kirk
    Helm Officer: Scrooge Data (C)
    Communications Officer: High Roller Sisko (C)
    Diplomat: Surak (M)
    Chief Security Officer: Mirror Jean-Luc Picard (M/C)
    Tactical Officer: Locutus of Borg (G)
    Chief Engineer: Queen Po (C)
    Engineer: The Caretaker (G)
    Chief Science Officer: Q as "God" (M)
    Deputy Science Officer: Timekeeper Tenavik (M)
    Chief Medical Officer: Gloria (C)
    Ship's Counselor: Prisoner Katrina Cornwell (M)

(C: Campaign, G: Gauntlet, M: Mega-Event Recurring Legendary)

Everyone was IMM. Only Laborer Kirk hasn't been in a Campaign, Gauntlet, or Mega-Event as the Recurring Legendary, but he was in the most recent mega's wrap-up packs for 390 dilithium a pop, which is how I lucked into four of his five stars.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Here's one I'm kinda proud of ... my first for the combo CMD/MED ... #11 of 15 combos to hit 10 hrs.

lk1iotvqnibs.png

For those interested, crew were:
    CMD - Borg Queen, Prince Bashir; DIP - Gloria, AoS Crusher; SEC - Bartender Guinan, Bell Riots Bashir; SCI - Tenavik, Pollard; ENG - Po, RAF O'Brien; MED - Q as "God", Cornwell.
    Starting AM: 2775.

Interesting fact: Would have been a good DIP/MED too. :)

Also, most of the crew have been available to all players ... bar Pollard, RAF O'Brien and AoS Crusher. Po and Gloria have been from campaigns, Bartender Guinan the gauntlet, Prince Bashir freebee and the rest (5) were mega-event crew.

That’s a fascinating voyage...I have all of those immortal except Po (5/5*, not leveled), Prince Bashir, and Bartender Guinan. I think I cracked 9:30ish on my last MED/COM voyage with DF Paris and Rev Phlox instead of Prince Bashir and Guinan, plus a few other differences...I might have to review my crew strategy the next time this combo comes up.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I had this yesterday that I felt sure would not reach 10 hours. But then I forgot about it.
    4ksekquj9p9y.jpg
    The primary and secondary are good, but none of the others were overly high. I believe I got lucky.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a fascinating voyage...I have all of those immortal except Po (5/5*, not leveled), Prince Bashir, and Bartender Guinan. I think I cracked 9:30ish on my last MED/COM voyage with DF Paris and Rev Phlox instead of Prince Bashir and Guinan, plus a few other differences...I might have to review my crew strategy the next time this combo comes up.

DF Paris/Mountain Climber Mayweather for Bashir is a good substitute.

Rev. Phlox is an upgrade on Guinan.

Laborer Kirk (or another ENG/CMD/x crew) or Braxton (especially with Paris) would be better than Queen Po, but I have neither at 5/5 and I'd prefer maximum potential ENG there.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I sent out a Voyage pretty much simultaneously with you posting this, @RaraRacing! I think I ended up hitting about what I'd have gone for if I had read your post first, though:

afqps8qav52f.jpg

Primary (DIP): 12063
    Secondary (CMD): 10609
    Others (Cumulative): 24642

Starting Antimatter: 2800
    First Officer: Laborer Kirk
    Helm Officer: Scrooge Data (C)
    Communications Officer: High Roller Sisko (C)
    Diplomat: Surak (M)
    Chief Security Officer: Mirror Jean-Luc Picard (M/C)
    Tactical Officer: Locutus of Borg (G)
    Chief Engineer: Queen Po (C)
    Engineer: The Caretaker (G)
    Chief Science Officer: Q as "God" (M)
    Deputy Science Officer: Timekeeper Tenavik (M)
    Chief Medical Officer: Gloria (C)
    Ship's Counselor: Prisoner Katrina Cornwell (M)

(C: Campaign, G: Gauntlet, M: Mega-Event Recurring Legendary)

Everyone was IMM. Only Laborer Kirk hasn't been in a Campaign, Gauntlet, or Mega-Event as the Recurring Legendary, but he was in the most recent mega's wrap-up packs for 390 dilithium a pop, which is how I lucked into four of his five stars.

Made it!

yaln42cabfnf.jpg

EDIT TO ADD
    Here are the skill check pass numbers, in case they're of any curiosity. (Number) is point value per skill.

143/145 DIP (12063)
    75/82 CMD (10609)
    75/156 Others (24642)

17/40 ENG (5500)
    15/35 SEC (5511)
    15/40 MED (5068)
    28/41 SCI (8563)