Home Ready Room
Options

Ray’s Law of Ten Hour Voyages

Comments

• Options
    RayZor  RayZor ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Gents, I conceded that point yesterday. Simply scroll up brothers.

That said, “always” was a bit of a reach, but I’ll spot him that as a hyperbole used to create a more engaging and provocative thread.

@Fantastic @ByloBand
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not always but I would say 80% of the time. Here’s my last one

ntv59tbyad9a.png
  • Options
    RayZor  RayZor ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Trust me @RayZor , I have read this entire thread multiple times, and if you think this:

3q7ex85p232c.jpg

...in any way even begins to account for the cavalcade of nastiness you unleashed on Banjo, you are demonstrating an alarming lack of empathy and self-awareness.

You called him a liar. You called him a fraud. You questioned his intigrity. You did these things publicly, and when confronted your first few responses were to stick to your character assassination, and once other people called you out your response was to basically say, "My bad," and think that it is problem over.

Wrong. You need to apologize just as publicly as you were before.

@ByloBand as discussed, the initial claim was "always." It was reinforced as self-evident and easy. "always" means 100% success at ten hours. We all know the hefty element of luck in this game and no one hits their goals 100% in timelines. As forums are packed with trolls and as his success has not been replicated within our fleet, my suspicion was valid and warranted.

Let's dial back the cancel culture, the world has twitter for that.

Let's dial back the silly rage and faux offense.

Most importantly, please don't misquote me when a simple reading of the thread shows this to be incorrect. I never called anyone a fraud and never used the word liar. If you're looking to provoke, you may be on the wrong platform

We're all fellow Trekkers looking to up our game. Please keep the thread on track, positive and up beat.

Live long and prosper my man.
  • Options
    And today’s Voyage died at 9:53 while I was with my boss. A bit hard to say, pardon me while I ignore you to play a game for a couple of minutes.
  • Options
    We’ve all been there @Fantastic

I feel your pain brother
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got this one starting with 2750AM. I actually expected to go somewhere between 9 and 9.5 hours. I was surprised when I kept going. I watched closely at the end. Had it not been 9pm my time, I would have extended, but I would rather go to bed in an hour and recall while I sleep. Even at 10 hours, the chronitons were low. I did get 2 purple crew non-dilemma, and even better, I actually need more stars on both of them.
    w589ahbzeq21.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I set this voyage up with your suggestions in mind. I had 2750 AM. I was surprised at 8 hours when I had less than 1000 left. I was predicting failure when I had 500 at 9 hours. I was shocked to have over 200 left at the ten hour mark. So your suggestions make 10 hours possible, but scary to follow.
    i9pqowkf41fs.jpg

Edit: I recalled the voyage at 10 hours 33 minutes. That is astonishing.
  • Options
    I set this voyage up with your suggestions in mind. I had 2750 AM. I was surprised at 8 hours when I had less than 1000 left. I was predicting failure when I had 500 at 9 hours. I was shocked to have over 200 left at the ten hour mark. So your suggestions make 10 hours possible, but scary to follow.
    i9pqowkf41fs.jpg

Edit: I recalled the voyage at 10 hours 33 minutes. That is astonishing.

Happy to hear @DavideBooks and congrats brother!

Raising the Anti-Matter past 2900 will make it a bit less nerve wrecking and consistent as well.

• Options
    @Banjo1012 you were right, just got very close to my first eleven hour run. Thanks for the tip and guidance. h4nx6anixvql.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RayZor wrote: »
    @Banjo1012 you were right, just got very close to my first eleven hour run. Thanks for the tip and guidance. h4nx6anixvql.png

No prob. Funny. After our exchange I had four voyages in a row go over 10:30 using that method.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5keeqf7crvmv.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4dpq72b6lg5u.png
  • Options
    Just had back-to-back 10hr voyages, with the primary and secondary both at 12k. There was at least an 8k as a third.
    This thread has been very helpful.
  • Options
    Luck plays a big part. I had a voyage stacked heavy with numbers, but it failed at 9:30. (I was planning to watch it, but accidentally fell asleep. It is interesting how much I hated naps when I was young and how much I look forward to a Sunday nap now.)

I used a Token and have 1621 left at 11:30.

pi66kh0s8dph.jpg
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luck plays a big part. I had a voyage stacked heavy with numbers, but it failed at 9:30. (I was planning to watch it, but accidentally fell asleep. It is interesting how much I hated naps when I was young and how much I look forward to a Sunday nap now.)

pi66kh0s8dph.jpg

You could have sacrificed some of that gold and silver total and put it elsewhere. That skill combo also would be perfect to stack heavy on DIP as the third skill

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0cpxgbytlz9f.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

pi66kh0s8dph.jpg

You could have sacrificed some of that gold and silver total and put it elsewhere. That skill combo also would be perfect to stack heavy on DIP as the third skill

pi66kh0s8dph.jpg

Agreed. All my experiments show little gain over 13.5k.

12.6-13.4 k is you golden zone for primary and secondary skills.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6unzekekmp0p.png
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing's Law of 10 Hr Voyages
    - Always make sure RAF O'Brien is on board.

4xsugvkh80fx.png

Naturally, wasn't trying to make it "as far as possible" and so recalled about 5 min after the 10 hrs not wanting to lose the voyage.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

4xsugvkh80fx.png

Naturally, wasn't trying to make it "as far as possible" and so recalled about 5 min after the 10 hrs not wanting to lose the voyage.

Nice! That’s a pretty good honor haul too

• Options
    edited November 2019
    RaraRacing wrote: »

4xsugvkh80fx.png

Nice! That’s a pretty good honor haul too

Thanks ... Yeah ... 3 parter at 4, 6 and 8 hrs (2 down, 2 to go).

CMD/SCI
    Team: Away Team Saru*/Tenavik : Prince Bashir/Borg Queen* : Mirror Picard*/Armus : Surak/Honey Bare : The Caretaker/RAF O'Brien* : Q as "God/Age of Sail Crusher*.
    Ship: Prakesh*

All immortal crew, * indicates bonus.
  • Options
    le1a0cndvn2t.png
    RayZor wrote: »

pi66kh0s8dph.jpg

pi66kh0s8dph.jpg

Agreed. All my experiments show little gain over 13.5k.

12.6-13.4 k is you golden zone for primary and secondary skills.

An example of why going over 13.5k on primary or secondary is a bad spend
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eyqed34o11ju.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xvs3metxyv57.png
  • Options
    This one also squeaked in ... combo #8 of 15 ... set up how I used to do it, as high as possible main stats with fairly balanced 4 others.
    - Some room for improvement, as some crew is not immortal (e.g. Krenim Guest Paris at 1/5).
    - Will try with other crew when the voyage gets back (assume it will be DIP/ENG again, recently have been getting many doubles in a row).

sjq2vv3nqxle.png
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mbuesd3z4z9a.png
  • Options
    RayZor  RayZor ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    mbuesd3z4z9a.png

That’s a world record @Banjo1012
    Absolutely awesome.
    Well done my man.