Home Ready Room

Captain Idol's Datacore Analysis Sheet (CIDAS V6.0) (Continuum Best/Trait Finder)

Comments

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re correct, I had forgotten he was older than the movie version.
  • Hi and thanks for the work on this.

I have an issue though and not seen a similar question.

I have exported from datacore today, then loaded that into google drive.

Then made a copy of your most recent version, go to the Datacore import sheet, select first cell, import and replace sheet. The data all loads into that sheet and the 'working' bar sits there for a while and then finishes.

If I then go to any of the other tabs they all say no data? I have refreshed the page, closed and opened it again, but no luck.

It's very weird, any suggestions?
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumbler wrote: »
    Hi and thanks for the work on this.

Then made a copy of your most recent version, go to the Datacore import sheet, select first cell, import and replace sheet. The data all loads into that sheet and the 'working' bar sits there for a while and then finishes.

If I then go to any of the other tabs they all say no data? I have refreshed the page, closed and opened it again, but no luck.

I had this same issue a while back, I was pulling the data from the wrong DB login. I had not logged into the forums with the same ID I used for the game and was getting incorrect data.
  • Bumbler wrote: »

OK so deleted all the data from the import sheet and copy/pasted the data in there instead and that worked a treat. - Still weird
    Bumbler wrote: »

I had that happen a few days ago, had to export the data again for it to load properly.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Future plan, I need to rework how this is calculated as it's not 100% indicitive of how good your skill in it is. For example my ENG/MED is getting much longer voyages than my DIP/ENG so I need to start working out a recalculation to include SEC/TER skills too and not just calculate the top ten. So expect that coming in the next update.

dysadcoy6tnb.png
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This is the main reason I stepped away, a while ago, from Voyage pairs when I started fiddling the with numbers a bit more ... it is still present, but not the deciding factor anymore.

I don't know how you want to do this ... but, I've found that crew with high tertiary skills are actually better for voyages ... an example:

The Borg Queen - CDE - 3353 - with E 715
    Admiral Maxwell Forrest - CDE - 3434 - with E 599.

Ideally, for someone who has both immortalised, the Borg Queen should be shown to have a preference for e.g. CMD/DIP voyages over Forrest.
    In my case, this happens and the Borg Queen goes out, whilst Forrest does shuttle work.

In general, good voyagers have a total over 3350 and of that, 20+% is on the third skill (not taking the uniqueness of skill sets into account here).

I think TP know this actually ... Picard&#1 3558/655/18.4% vs Surak 3496/713/20.4% ... funny enough but Picard usually doesn't go out on my 10 hr voyages ... Surak does! (and Picard is left taking SCI shuttle seats).
    Just check how many new cards fit the above 3350+/20+ parameters ... the ones I own are:
    - Vice Admiral Janeway (1/5)
    - Executive Director Hugh (1/5)
    - Dr. Pollard (not super new) (5/5)
    - Twilight T'Pol (almost 3350, juuust under) (5/5)

Anyway ... just some food for thought when making those voyage top 10 rankings.
    edited June 2020
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    This is the main reason I stepped away, a while ago, from Voyage pairs when I started fiddling the with numbers a bit more ... it is still present, but not the deciding factor anymore.

I don't know how you want to do this ... but, I've found that crew with high tertiary skills are actually better for voyages ... an example:

Ideally, for someone who has both immortalised, the Borg Queen should be shown to have a preference for e.g. CMD/DIP voyages over Forrest.
    In my case, this happens and the Borg Queen goes out, whilst Forrest does shuttle work.

In general, good voyagers have a total over 3350 and of that, 20+% is on the third skill (not taking the uniqueness of skill sets into account here).

I think TP know this actually ... Picard&#1 3558/655/18.4% vs Surak 3496/713/20.4% ... funny enough but Picard usually doesn't go out on my 10 hr voyages ... Surak does! (and Picard is left taking SCI shuttle seats).
    Just check how many new cards fit the above 3350+/20+ parameters ... the ones I own are:

Yes good points and I'm thinking something similar. Might have to start looking into some kind of weighted formula, where PRI/SEC is full, SEC/TER is half and PRI/TER is a quarter or something like that. I need more coffee and a free day to think about that.

Edit: Also the list of top base crew is pretty redundant at this point. Anyone in that list you will already know from the game itself so doesn't add much to the sheet.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Yes good points and I'm thinking something similar. Might have to start looking into some kind of weighted formula, where PRI/SEC is full, SEC/TER is half and PRI/TER is a quarter or something like that. I need more coffee and a free day to think about that.

Edit: Also the list of top base crew is pretty redundant at this point. Anyone in that list you will already know from the game itself so doesn't add much to the sheet.

Well, I sometimes wished there was a full list of bases to easily find the worst. I always used to think back and forth which 4* to freeze if I needed space. Recently I use to take the non-bridge crew with the lowest base but it is always quite a searching process. Also, if no unfreezing of the day is required I sometimes would like to exchange a bad purple for a better one, but finding the good bases in the freezer is... impossible if you do not know it by heart.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    I still use it quite a bit!

I shall keep it in.
    edited June 2020
    I still use it quite a bit!

I shall keep it in.

As it is I do not use it either as there is no indication of immortality, rarity and freezer status. Finding good and bad crew for freezer exchanges there is not really easy. Something like the full voyage or gauntlet tab would be better for my purposes.

/edit: So please do not keep it just because of my previous post.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
    Will you be adding some new art to the spreadsheet like Red Angel or Dahj? Or just leaving it as is?
    Will you be adding some new art to the spreadsheet like Red Angel or Dahj? Or just leaving it as is?

I'll update it at somepoint soon. I like to get a bulk of characters in at once rather than update it every week.
  • What does the "Worst Scoring L100 Voyagers" section mean in the "Overview" Tab and what are the numbers next to the crew? What is the score based on?

59ardp62c5uo.jpg
    It’s a list of your worst unfrozen crew for voyages , the number is their voyage rank.
    I'm due an upgrade for this sheet which I'll work on in the next few months. Is there any requests/tweaks/features anyone would like to help?
    I want to work out a system where it can take your roster and compare it to your roster if it was fully FFFE'd, still working out how to do that as a standalone document however.
    I'm due an upgrade for this sheet which I'll work on in the next few months. Is there any requests/tweaks/features anyone would like to help?
    I want to work out a system where it can take your roster and compare it to your roster if it was fully FFFE'd, still working out how to do that as a standalone document however.

@PsionStorm did something like this some time ago but I think he abandoned it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sd_81DEEnbrCM0ArZFh1AAzHghZLXRTonaqEu9IuCcw/edit#gid=890149562

I suppose it was a huge effort to update the data for new crew all the time.
  • PsionStormPsionStorm ✭✭✭

@PsionStorm did something like this some time ago but I think he abandoned it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sd_81DEEnbrCM0ArZFh1AAzHghZLXRTonaqEu9IuCcw/edit#gid=890149562

I suppose it was a huge effort to update the data for new crew all the time.

It was, plus I could never quite get the voyage part of the tool to suggest the most optimal crew. Then real life got real busy and it just became more of a chore than anything.

Feel free to use the foundation of the sheet if you find use for it!

Thanks, I've got a little voyage tool in the overview and I think that's probably where I'll leave that. For crew updating I'm looking into a script/sneaky formula to get round that using the Datacore websites csv files. If I can get that working (will know when crew refreshes tonight) then there might be a significant update planned.
    Can you pull data from the wiki too? It should all be there.

I do not think that a formula (even if sneaky :) ) can do that as the stats depend on the equipment and I think even the FE stats do not follow the same percentage rule for fusion for each crew.

Would be great to have that in any case. I used PsionStorm's a lot to simulate which crew to level and to cite back then. :)

I do not think that a formula (even if sneaky :) ) can do that as the stats depend on the equipment and I think even the FE stats do not follow the same percentage rule for fusion for each crew.

Would be great to have that in any case. I used PsionStorm's a lot to simulate which crew to level and to cite back then. :)

It would be your stats as they stand VS all crew FFFE, so you could see what your lineup would look like should you finish everyone.
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be your stats as they stand VS all crew FFFE, so you could see what your lineup would look like should you finish everyone.

This would be awesome!

Got that, but still I think you would have to calculate based on the raw stats without bonus like on the wiki and cannot calculate from my 3/5 lvl 70 upwards.
    Users can enter in their own starbase bonuses for the FFFE stats. The actual stats for the datacore you import already accounts for all your existing bonuses.
    Does it contain the stats of the still missing equipment and stars too? That is the crucial part imho.
    Does it contain the stats of the still missing equipment and stars too? That is the crucial part imho.

Sorry I've probably been bad at explaining this. Hopefully if I can get it to work, the sheet will be the same as it is, all your crew and roster listen and analysed. But with an additional tab showing your roster but Fully Equipped and Fully Fused so all stars, equipment and levels.
    This is to aid working out who to cite/level up next. Does that make more sense?

Sorry I've probably been bad at explaining this. Hopefully if I can get it to work, the sheet will be the same as it is, all your crew and roster listen and analysed. But with an additional tab showing your roster but Fully Equipped and Fully Fused so all stars, equipment and levels.
    This is to aid working out who to cite/level up next. Does that make more sense?

Sorry that _I_ could not make clear what I mean. I understood what you are trying to accomplish and that would be absolutely amazing, I am just curious how this will work. ;) As far as I understood the FFFE data is nothing datacore export can provide so I am interested in how you intend to calculate the FFFE values, even if the users enter their bonuses manually.
    Aha yes, datacore has a link you can pull the .csv file for all crew which has full stats (no starbase bonuses) so all I would have to do is import that (and set up a sneaky formula which would refresh the link every now and then to redownload latest stats) and then do some comparisons.
    You can see it here: https://datacore.app/structured/crew.csv