Home Ready Room
Options

Captain Idol's Datacore Analysis Sheet (CIDAS V6.0) (Continuum Best/Trait Finder)

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha yes, datacore has a link you can pull the .csv file for all crew which has full stats (no starbase bonuses) so all I would have to do is import that (and set up a sneaky formula which would refresh the link every now and then to redownload latest stats) and then do some comparisons.
    You can see it here: https://datacore.app/structured/crew.csv

Ahhhhhhhh I did not know that.

This is freaking awesome! I am very much looking forward to seeing this implemented. Thanks as always for your great work!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    This might be a bit hard to implement, but its similar to the idea you are working on. I like it when I can compare the FE stats based on the current fuse level. Basically, your current project helps players see good options for cites, this would give players an idea on who to spend chronitons on. It would show players what their crew would look like if they never looked at the honor hall. This would mostly be for mid-level players who are still using tons of Chrons for leveling up crew, but I also think it would be valuable for players who are saving for a big honor sale, but still want to see some improvement in their roster.

An example of how this can help, FO Burnham has a fantastic command score. Her less popular counterpart, EV Burham also has a great command score, but it is in the shadow of FO Burnham, but that is at FF/FE levels. At 1/5 EV Burnham actually has a higher command base than 1/5 FO Burnham. So if you have both at 1/5, you may get a more immediate benefit for leveling up EV first, especially for a Burnham faction event.

The Do not airlock checklist has this idea implemented in the voyage tab where it compares raw voyage scores of your crew at their current fuse level but FE, and it has been one of my favorite resources in looking at who to work on to improve my roster before I start looking at the honor hall. I knew Braxton was a great voyager, but I didn't know his raw voyage score at 1/5 would beat out 3/5 Chef Riker.

In short, a comparison of what your crew looks like now, vs a FE/FF crew is very useful, but I think an additional comparison of what your crew looks like now vs what it would look like if everyone is FE is also useful. It might not have huge value for end game players that have tons of chrons because they have no one else to level up, but it takes a long time to get there. And I think a good portion of the player base would benefit from it.

I hope I am clear in how I am explaining and I completely understand if it is something that you cannot implement in the sheet. Thanks for the work you do though!
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Yeh the advantage the DNA sheet has is that they have all stats from 1-5* which currently the Datacore does not have. And keeping something like that updated myself would take more hours than I have. It would be a great idea, but I'm not sure I can implement it.
    Not unless someone can keep updating that data, upload it to a .csv file someone that I can then import into the sheet.
    For now I'll keep on with the FFFE stats but yeh, that idea would be ideal.
  • Options
    SkettiSketti ✭✭✭
    Looks good, will definitely help in choosing who to cite. Your example just pushed Hawk up my list.
  • Options
    I would love that "Potential X" column! I've been doing that manually for myself to figure out who to cite.

I also take into account where my crew falls in comparison to the top 20 as well - i.e. how exceptional the crew is at the stat being measured/compared. In other words, if I'm weak for one thing, I still may not want to cite my best crew for that thing if their absolute best (i.e. when immortalized) is still pretty lousy. I don't know if that is interesting to anyone else or not but I mention it because that overall ranking might be useful on this "Potential X" sheet as well.
  • Options
    I would love that "Potential X" column! I've been doing that manually for myself to figure out who to cite.

I also take into account where my crew falls in comparison to the top 20 as well - i.e. how exceptional the crew is at the stat being measured/compared. In other words, if I'm weak for one thing, I still may not want to cite my best crew for that thing if their absolute best (i.e. when immortalized) is still pretty lousy. I don't know if that is interesting to anyone else or not but I mention it because that overall ranking might be useful on this "Potential X" sheet as well.

That makes sense, although this starts to fall into the "recommend" category which I want to steer clear of as it's a conceptual and subjective nightmare. But I get your point. I go back/forth between my Backend Sheet constantly comparing, but as my goals now are different to others its not something I can translate easily into this sheet. Want to collect and immortalise all Tier 10 crew for a real flex, do it, I dare you...
    Something that cropped up to me too is Event Crew too, say for someone like Mirror Archer, if he was a full VP bonus, you might not want to use him anyway as his bases are so low that he wouldn't even get seats on faction events over better scoring crew. Again, I think I'll leave all that to the user, most of these decisions sway shuttles by about 1-2% when sent or add maybe a minute on a voyage, so I won't stress about it.
  • Options
    Need yours guys opinions on this before I change things. I'm thinking of removing a few sheets mostly as I feel they are somewhat redundant. Unless of course you guys like them in which case I'll keep, but thinking of cutting:
    • All Crew, 5*, 4*, 3*: Do we need a crew list? Initially this was put in as a copy of Leshy's DNA sheet, I myself hardly refer to it at all but wondering if other people do.
    • Top Bases/Top Pairs: You can see top bases in the game itself so that's somewhat redundant. Top Pairs essentially is a scruffy looking version of the Pair lists and you can refer there instead. A top 10 isn't really that useful anyway...
    • Ship Abilities: I have to admit, this is not really helpful, most people have a lineup sorted already and a quick flick over your own crew will see who's the best damage/init etc etc. Again let me know if this has been helpful

Let me know guys if you find these sheets useful, if you want them I'll keep them and maybe spruce them up a bit. Just trying to cut out some dead weight if not needed.
  • Options
    I occasionally use the All Crew to make it easy to see what variants I have, but I don't use the 5/4/1-3 sheets.

I don't think Top Bases is useful and I don't ever look at it from the reason you mention. Top Pairs is a little handy - I use it to compare where I'm relatively weak so that it makes it easier to decide on what pair I want to improve with citations. It's all in one place, where if I want to do the same thing with the Pair Data pages then I have to do more manual work. Not a big deal either way though.

I don't use Ship Abilities at all. I also don't use Full Gauntlet Rank, I go to the Level 100 Stats page, set my filters for the gauntlet, then just look down the lists for crew I own.

Thanks again for all your work - I've found this resource invaluable! I stopped using the DNA sheet because this had so much more useful data in it.
  • Options
    The All Crew thing is fair, sometimes you need a good list to look down/filter

yes the L100 sheet is much more preferable for Gauntlet. I could probably include it in the future at some point though. Maybe for a future update.

so far cut Top Bases and Ship Abilities...
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Yes 4.0 is now ready to go! Got some very, very exciting features in this one. Grab the new sheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uyMvz5HXd-Idrd_gMv-TF03MZJmy8a90D7Lnkmr9kYY/edit?ouid=106431263982745938946&usp=sheets_home&ths=true

So the two big updates are: Potential Crew and What If?

Potential Crew: Will show you a list of what your crew will look like should you FFFE everybody, fully equipped and immortalised. This will help show you the real hidden strengths in your roster.

What If: A little drop down box in "Intro" that can add a FFFE crew to your roster to see how they fit in with what you have. Good for deciding if you want to go for a crew or not.

Now both of these can be updated in the sheet when a new crew is released with very little work from you. At the top of Intro there is a checkbox.
    - Uncheck it, wait a few moments to recalculate.
    - Recheck it, and wait again. Don't do this too fast otherwise it will not work.
    - This will update the behind-the-scenes crew information NOT your current roster, you still do this the old fashioned way. But any Potential Crew and new What If? crew and images will be updated (if the Datacore has updated them of course!)

Don't forget your Starbase Bonuses

Also I've added a few more new collections! I hope you enjoy this. Have fun!
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not afraid to ask a potentially silly question, so...

How do we calculate the Starbase/Collection bonus?

Add the Starbase and collection bonus for the base and add the Starbase and collection proficiencies for the max roll? What about the min roll?

• Options
    edited August 2020

Add the Starbase and collection bonus for the base and add the Starbase and collection proficiencies for the max roll? What about the min roll?

You go in game, click your Avatar, then go to Active Buffs, sorry I should have explained that!
    edit: added it to the front page of the sheet
  • Options
    You rock!!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

You go in game, click your Avatar, then go to Active Buffs, sorry I should have explained that!

Over four years in this game, and however many years since the bonuses were added, and I’ve been manually adding my starbase and collection bonuses together like a chump this entire time. :) Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Question, on the Overview tab. In the Variants column. Is Q referring just to John de Lancie? There are only 11 "Q" in the game. It seems to be picking up Miss Q and Belle Q.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amanda Rogers too.
  • Options
    Amanda Rogers too.

I believe that will be the Datacore end tagging their variant as Q not specifically anything else.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

Over four years in this game, and however many years since the bonuses were added, and I’ve been manually adding my starbase and collection bonuses together like a chump this entire time. :) Thanks for sharing!

This overview was part of a QoL improvement, it has not been around for too long, if that makes you feel better. :)
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    jrlot1a4cer3.png

I noticed for voyage totals it appears to have MJLP and Forrest switched.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    jrlot1a4cer3.png

I noticed for voyage totals it appears to have MJLP and Forrest switched.

I shall look into this when I can.

Edit: Now fixed!
  • Options
    So turns out when the datacore updated and I reloaded my sheet the new stats got added without a need for the checkbox...but I'll leave it in in case that miracle does not happen for others.
  • Options
    So turns out when the datacore updated and I reloaded my sheet the new stats got added without a need for the checkbox...but I'll leave it in in case that miracle does not happen for others.

Thanks a ton for your work on this, I'm looking forward to trying it out to use all the cites I just got!
  • Options
    I think I found a bug - Saboteur Garak, who I have immortalized, has a different actual score vs potential score in the Shuttle Pair Data sheet for SEC/ENG. I have entered in my bonuses. Same issue with Determined Janeway. Also, the positions of them have switched when comparing actual vs potential which doesn't seem to make sense either.
    40h66v2uokv2.png
    CMD/MED, ENG/MED, and SEC/ENG all appear to have this problem.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I think I found a bug - Saboteur Garak, who I have immortalized, has a different actual score vs potential score in the Shuttle Pair Data sheet for SEC/ENG. I have entered in my bonuses. Same issue with Determined Janeway. Also, the positions of them have switched when comparing actual vs potential which doesn't seem to make sense either.
    40h66v2uokv2.png

Check your starbase bonuses are correct, but I will check on my sheet.
    Edit: Actually yes I just noticed this on mine too. I will investigate
  • Options
    40h66v2uokv2.png

Check your starbase bonuses are correct, but I will check on my sheet.
    Edit: Actually yes I just noticed this on mine too. I will investigate

Okay I've fixed the bug with SEC/ENG shuttles, update your sheet to see the changes.
    The other three I've seen are one point out. This is just a rounding error, nothing to worry about too much.
    Also fixed the Traits sheet showing all crew instead of your roster.
  • Options
    Here's my ENG-MED showing the issue
    vx954mwfxxt3.png
    I know one other column was showing it too but when I look back at CMD-MED it's fine, so maybe I wrote down the wrong column. I had noticed a few are 1 point off, which I agree doesn't matter.
  • Options
    vx954mwfxxt3.png
    I know one other column was showing it too but when I look back at CMD-MED it's fine, so maybe I wrote down the wrong column. I had noticed a few are 1 point off, which I agree doesn't matter.

Is that shuttles or voyages?
  • Options
    vx954mwfxxt3.png

Shuttle pair data tab. This is on the original 4.0 version - I haven't updated it yet.
  • Options
    vx954mwfxxt3.png

Shuttle pair data tab. This is on the original 4.0 version - I haven't updated it yet.

I have fixed it. Thanks, turns out this was a problem in V2-3 too so that slipped the net for a while. Should all be working now. Thanks!