edited November 2019
    3 possible versions for Dress Uniform Bashir:
    A ) The modern one from "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"
    B ) The classic one from "Crossfire"
    C ) The forgotten one from "Move Along Home"
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Famke Janssen!

And she would be perfect for a Picard-related event...

tnmfnbetz5ch.jpg

wow that is crazy, Ive seen the episode with her a few times back in the day, but never realized it was her until just now lol.

She is awesome, looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Hmm. I just had Vice Admiral Dougherty drop from a pack and then a Voyage within about an hour of one another yesterday. I already have Leonardo da Vinci and, of course, both 4* Georgious. I may not be able to resist Kamala after all.
  • Options
    Can we we get a 2 star Bashir variant, please? Charge of the Light Brigade quoting Bashir from "Sacrifice of Angels" maybe with MEDICAL/COMMAND stats?
  • Options
    Just reading through this thread reminds me of how awesome DS9 is and how many great episodes there are.

Oh, and Julian, I’ll have a martini. Shaken, not stirred.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    It is just a title, nothing else :)

Thanks for the clarification.
    Trait guessing time.... Kamala should be Diplomacy Primary, followed by ? Maybe science/cmd?

Thinking about the episode, that sounds like a solid guess. Can't remember if she "counselled" Picard at all, but I'm thinking DIP/SCI/MED isn't out of the question. Though DIP/CMD/SCI is probably second most likely.

I was going to suggest MED as her secondary skill, since she's essentially designed to be a customized caregiver. Maybe CMD as her tertiary skill? I don't seen how SEC/ENG/SCI would fit, unless we're taking into account that Picard has already been imprinted on her (SCI maybe instead of MED/CMD).

She'd be a weaker version of Humbled Archer with that combo.

She was a very well educated woman. She mentioned several topics. That's the main argument for SCI as her secondary. Though I like your caregiver argument and would prefer DIP/MED/CMD. It would be a slightly more desirable skill combo than Gloria with less event potential, methinks.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Trait guessing time.... Kamala should be Diplomacy Primary, followed by ? Maybe science/cmd?

Bashir: MED/DIP/SEC (if they want to be consistent) - Human, Federation, Section 31, physician, diplomat, undercover operative, resourceful, engineered. There's a high chance he gets maverick and a small chance he's getting advocate or neurologist (if I remember correctly the episode) too.

That makes him a bit loaded on the traits side but it's what the episode demands.

Hell of a list, but those first 10 especially are pretty clear-cut fits. Hoping you've called it!

"Inter Arma" has got to be the right one, surely: distinctive, memorable uniform, and damned good episode all around.
  • Options
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Just reading through this thread reminds me of how awesome DS9 is and how many great episodes there are.

Oh, and Julian, I’ll have a martini. Shaken, not stirred.

Here you go!
    8ugdjmcnug1c.png
    (What's that? You wanted to drink it? Oh - never mind.)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we we get a 2 star Bashir variant, please? Charge of the Light Brigade quoting Bashir from "Sacrifice of Angels" maybe with MEDICAL/COMMAND stats?

For 2* I propose another from Inter Arma, "Pajamas Bashir":
    wzrdv11ydcht.png

Note: the bare feet are critical.

I now want Pajamas Bashir more than any other Bashir. Off-Duty Stamets is throwing a slumber party and so far has no guests.

Are we certain some of those Orion girls and Etna are not ready for a slumber party?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    After all the complaining lately I’m loving this thread.

May I also propose “WTF are those pants Bashir”

9mfl5c64ggek.jpeg

This would be a good SR later. But I'm on the bandwagon for 2* Pajamas Bashir to have bridge crew shenanigans with Off Duty Stamets and (eventually) Off Duty Culber.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I'm one Ferengi away from completing that collection . . . but I'm not sure I want to fight for four Klingon Quarks while everyone is going for Kamala. Sounds nearly as brutal as equipping the guy. I'll just wait for Neelix, Rom, or Pel to fuse up.

9mfl5c64ggek.jpeg

Those pants clearly belong in the "inspiring" collection!

In terms of Bashir accouterments, I have the ultimate option. From Season 6, Episode 16 of TNG, I present "Woopsie Slippers Bashir" as Siddig forgets to take off his sound-dampening slippers for the shot.

drkmshzcj5my.png
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »

9mfl5c64ggek.jpeg

Dude, it was the 90s; no one really understood what they were wearing.

It is still better than most of the outfits they gave poor Jake. Poor Jake had a drunkard for a wardrobe designer, I suspect.

Early seasons of DS9, every episode is another round of "Who pissed off the costumer this time?"
    I wonder if the actors learned to dread any scenes out of uniform...
    (Poor Jake! He did get the worst of it, for sure.)
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is still better than most of the outfits they gave poor Jake. Poor Jake had a drunkard for a wardrobe designer, I suspect.

This is true, but he was a handsome guy who could have worn Saru's potatoe sack and still look good. His wardrobe perhaps was intended to (over)compensate that fact. :D
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Jean Grey <3
  • Options

For 2* I propose another from Inter Arma, "Pajamas Bashir":
    wzrdv11ydcht.png

Note: the bare feet are critical.

I now want Pajamas Bashir more than any other Bashir. Off-Duty Stamets is throwing a slumber party and so far has no guests.

Are we certain some of those Orion girls and Etna are not ready for a slumber party?

A fair point. Come to think of it, I've always felt TMP uniforms looked like pajamas, so Lieutenant Chekov and Lt Commander Uhura are properly dressed for a slumber party.
  • Options
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    I'm one Ferengi away from completing that collection . . . but I'm not sure I want to fight for four Klingon Quarks while everyone is going for Kamala. Sounds nearly as brutal as equipping the guy. I'll just wait for Neelix, Rom, or Pel to fuse up.

We'll get one Klingon Quark from the community rewards so you only need a top 2500 final rank to get his other three stars. That's probably doable. I question whether Kamala is going to drive stiff competition. The appeal of being a Famke Janssen character aside, Kamala is not a terribly memorable one-off guest character who will languish at 1/5 for most of us who get her at all. Even if she has amazing stats and bountiful stats, there'll always be a bigger fish. I could be wrong, of course. I'm threshold and out regardless, so at least I won't be in anyone's way.
  • Options
    I hope she has killer stats. My chrons are exploding into I'll never use this many territory.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering her one-off nature, I'm going to predict the following week will be a skirmish. It'll be 5 weeks since the previous skirmish, and getting or not getting Kamala would have little impact on players' ability to blow up ships. Just a guess - we'll know for sure on Friday.
  • Options
    Considering her one-off nature, I'm going to predict the following week will be a skirmish. It'll be 5 weeks since the previous skirmish, and getting or not getting Kamala would have little impact on players' ability to blow up ships. Just a guess - we'll know for sure on Friday.

I'd welcome a Skirmish. I'd double-welcome it if the existing 4* was someone I still need to finish fusing.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    thz76itt90d9.jpg

So it's section 31 Bashir, seeing how they handle his traits is going to be interesting.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like Love Boat Bashir is ready to take your order.