Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: For Charity - 11/14

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Hey, that's two Bashir cards in a row that look reasonably like Alexander Siddig! Good stuff. :smiley:
    It looks like Love Boat Bashir is ready to take your order.

That is definitely this card's name now.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, that's two Bashir cards in a row that look reasonably like Alexander Siddig! Good stuff. :smiley:
    It looks like Love Boat Bashir is ready to take your order.

That is definitely this card's name now.

Indeed. I wish I could credit the person who first wrote it. Whoever that was should chime in and get the credit.
  • Options
    nu9lxuz4p29d.jpg
    This is from episode "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges". Where he travels to Romulus and works for Section 31.

The picture screams Hotel Waiter Bashir

I would go more for "Love Boat" Bashir.

I found it. Credit goes to Captain Stupid
  • Options
    Does Changeling Bashir provide a bonus? It's not actually Bashir...
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure he has counted as Bashir in the past. Similar to Data Q not actually being Data, I guess.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Pretty sure he has counted as Bashir in the past. Similar to Data Q not actually being Data, I guess.

Yeah, I think he has too.

It does make sense, given no one on the station noticed the difference.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we we get a 2 star Bashir variant, please? Charge of the Light Brigade quoting Bashir from "Sacrifice of Angels" maybe with MEDICAL/COMMAND stats?

For 2* I propose another from Inter Arma, "Pajamas Bashir":
    wzrdv11ydcht.png

Note: the bare feet are critical.

I now want Pajamas Bashir more than any other Bashir. Off-Duty Stamets is throwing a slumber party and so far has no guests.

Are we certain some of those Orion girls and Etna are not ready for a slumber party?

A fair point. Come to think of it, I've always felt TMP uniforms looked like pajamas, so Lieutenant Chekov and Lt Commander Uhura are properly dressed for a slumber party.

this is one of many reasons i'm looking forward to TMP 40th Anniversary Mega Month in December :)
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we we get a 2 star Bashir variant, please? Charge of the Light Brigade quoting Bashir from "Sacrifice of Angels" maybe with MEDICAL/COMMAND stats?

wzrdv11ydcht.png

I now want Pajamas Bashir more than any other Bashir. Off-Duty Stamets is throwing a slumber party and so far has no guests.

Are we certain some of those Orion girls and Etna are not ready for a slumber party?

A fair point. Come to think of it, I've always felt TMP uniforms looked like pajamas, so Lieutenant Chekov and Lt Commander Uhura are properly dressed for a slumber party.

this is one of many reasons i'm looking forward to TMP 40th Anniversary Mega Month in December :)

Honestly, I would love that. But I suspect last month was our best chance for that celebration. It's a crime we don't have the real Ilia in game.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »

wzrdv11ydcht.png

Honestly, I would love that. But I suspect last month was our best chance for that celebration. It's a crime we don't have the real Ilia in game.

To be fair, we barely had the real Ilia in the movie either.
  • Options

He should, but in a galaxy event, only the event crew really matter.
  • Options

Changeling Bashir might matter for the first few builds until Love Boat Bashir is ready to rock. Especially for those who don't have Darth Bashir.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Changeling Bashir might matter for the first few builds until Love Boat Bashir is ready to rock. Especially for those who don't have Darth Bashir.

Still probably not ... Captive Bashir was a recent addition (EDIT: mid-April ... has it been that long? sheesh) and as a 3/4 he has better stats than Changelng Bashir.

SCI and ENG crew are what most people will be looking for ... my best there is Augment Riker for ENG (AoS Riker is 1/5) and for SCI ... Surak (or Raquetball Bashir!! ... not certain how event bonuses go for Galaxies, was it 3x for associated crew? - have AF Bashir as a 1/5).

Decent crew with these skills are:
    - Mirror Bashir (ENG)
    - Chef Riker (SCI)
    - Stranded Quark (ENG) ... man I wish I had this guy.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ljofa wrote: »
    Kamala - shouldn’t she have a ‘caregiver’ trait? Her main role is to be everything her mate desires, to provide for their needs.

Surprised she has CMD and not MED, for that very reason.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Kamala - shouldn’t she have a ‘caregiver’ trait? Her main role is to be everything her mate desires, to provide for their needs.

I was hopeful, but she did seem a bit bossy, so this is what I was expecting whilst hoping for Caregiver. Oh well... Can't win them all.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I'm not sure what her boosted stats would be nor her voyage score, but off hand, she does not seem necessary. I suppose the 4 second evade might be handy?
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

If I recall, she imprinted Picard. So it makes sense that she would pick up more COM and DIP.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Finally! An event where all the character cards are worth chasing. Its now worth burning chrons!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    Ivlain wrote: »
    Will this Bashir be Section 31?

Why? they literally took the Section 31 Trait off SECTION 31 Janeway right before it was a Bonus Trait in an Event.

He "pretended" to work for Section 31, but Sloan and Ross played him. So he should have Section 31 and Undercover, if it's that episode.
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Trait guessing time.... Kamala should be Diplomacy Primary, followed by ? Maybe science/cmd?

Bashir: MED/DIP/SEC (if they want to be consistent) - Human, Federation, Section 31, physician, diplomat, undercover operative, resourceful, engineered. There's a high chance he gets maverick and a small chance he's getting advocate or neurologist (if I remember correctly the episode) too.

That makes him a bit loaded on the traits side but it's what the episode demands.

Med, Sci, Dip [all logical]

Traits: Human, Starfleet, Federation, Cyberneticist, Physician, Engineered, Gambler...

So no Section 31 trait for the one and only episode Bashir ever willingly(ish) took an assignment from them. Also no undercover trait for the plot about working undercover both for and against Section 31...

ETA: It looks like all of these are just default traits they put on all (or most) Bashir cards, cyberneticist being the odd one that he occasionally gets for no clear reason...
    I think the case to add "Section 31" and "Undercover Operative" is more than strong here!

While we all enjoy the spreadsheets aspect of the game, I think it would be more fun for all of us if DB picked traits solely based on the scene or episode. It's a bit disappointing not to see the Star Trek lore honoured for arbitrary balance decisions. This Bashir definitely needs a section 31 and undercover operative trait.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally! An event where all the character cards are worth chasing. Its now worth burning chrons!

To each their own - good luck!

For me, Quark is just honor (FF'd long ago), Kamala is average, and Bashir will be in the vault 1 min after the event ends. Bashir is a nice card... for 2018. (I get it - inside this galaxy event, his stats will be fine. But after... popsicle.)
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI: For those of you who aggregate your own crew stats, the spelling for the Exoarchaelogy trait should be "Exoarchaeology" to match the existing trait with other characters.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    "For Charity: At a Starfleet charity costume gala, dignitaries arrive for a nice evening. Quark, dressed as a Klingon, falls to the floor! Doctor Bashir carries him to a quiet room for treatment, as Riker asks your help to secure the gala without disrupting it."

Well that confirms it! Riker went to the gala dressed as Little John, Quark went dressed as a Klingon, and Bashir went dressed as crew from the Love Boat.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    FYI: For those of you who aggregate your own crew stats, the spelling for the Exoarchaelogy trait should be "Exoarchaeology" to match the existing trait with other characters.

It is how the trait is spelled, I might have made a typo - that trait and I are not friends ;p
    I edited the Event notes.
  • Options

wzrdv11ydcht.png

Why? TMP's anniversary is in December.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

wzrdv11ydcht.png

Wow, you're right. My bad! But didn't they do a whole anniversary thing in September, with a re-release of the film in theatres and everything?
  • Options

wzrdv11ydcht.png

Wow, you're right. My bad! But didn't they do a whole anniversary thing in September, with a re-release of the film in theatres and everything?

Yeah, that was a Fathom Events thing. Those are almost never timed around the actual date of a film's original release. For instance, December's entry in their TCM Big Screen Classics series is When Harry Met Sally... which is being billed as a 30th Anniversary presentation. Its original release was 21 July 1989.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Flemming wrote: »

It is how the trait is spelled, I might have made a typo - that trait and I are not friends ;p
    I edited the Event notes.

"archaeology" is the correct spelling but should it be exo-archaeology or exoarchaeology, that's open to debate, I think most would accept both forms with the de-hyphenated version being a more casual spelling.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO