Home The Bridge
Options

December Mega - ToS themed!

https://intl.startrek.com/news/star-trek-timelines-kicks-off-dreams-of-utopia-mega-event

Garth of Izar the recurring legendary.

ToS is, ironically, the series I know least of so it doesn't fully resonate. Good for big fans of the show - hopefully we'll see a new Kirk/McCoy and some good representation for some of the underrated characters.

No idea of who the new crew will be as yet...

Comments

• Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    NS111111 wrote: »

Regarding his stats this is not very promising, probably quite vanilla.

Overall the entire mega does not sound too appealing to me but... you do not look in the mouth of a gifted horse.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget who had the idea of a Garth of Izar mega event, but I hope it comes close to what they wanted. I'm pretty excited.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice mega theme.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    TOS is not my favorite Trek, but I am excited. Part of the greatness of Trek is that there are so many different series that resonate with different people. We haven’t had a ToS mega for a while (can’t remember the last one, TBH) and it’s great to constantly mix it up to take advantage of the sheer vastness of the Trek universe.
  • Options
    TOS is not my favorite Trek, but I am excited. Part of the greatness of Trek is that there are so many different series that resonate with different people. We haven’t had a ToS mega for a while (can’t remember the last one, TBH) and it’s great to constantly mix it up to take advantage of the sheer vastness of the Trek universe.

That's because there really hasn't been one. There certainly has not been a recurring threshold legendary from TOS.
  • Options
    marschallinmarschallin ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Regarding his stats this is not very promising, probably quite vanilla

Oh, I don’t know that just because it is Garth of Izar, his stats will be poor. Gary Seven, Captain Braxton, Dahar Master Koloth, Juliana Tainer, and Amelia Earhart are some of the best crew in the game, and they are not main cast.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm intriguing... I hope that the TOS version Hardcourt Fenton Mudd makes it in, though I can see it might be a stretch to get image rights from the late Rodger Carmel's estate.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Have some faith, or if that fails maybe wait for the rain drops to fall before deploying your umbrella?
  • Options
    DB need to make all cards equally desirable as much as possible. Since the main and recurring cards as well as any vanity cards like Kamala are already desirable thier stats should not be as high, whereas the one off/non-vanity cards need higher stats to make them more attractive.

Therefore, I would think Garth gets some decent stats.

Also, very excited about this mega, thanks DB!
  • Options
    adonibyte. wrote: »
    DB need to make all cards equally desirable as much as possible. Since the main and recurring cards as well as any vanity cards like Kamala are already desirable thier stats should not be as high, whereas the one off/non-vanity cards need higher stats to make them more attractive.

Therefore, I would think Garth gets some decent stats.

Also, very excited about this mega, thanks DB!

I tend to agree with you. Players have been waiting for a TOS mega for a very long time, and I would hope DB crafted the mega recurring to build on that excitement.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    CMD/SCI/ENG?
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I will post our version as well soon.
    Clarification: the crew in the art for that blog post will not necessarily be featured crew. However as TOS crew they will provide a bonus.

For various reasons things got complicated this month and that has affected crew announcement etc
    Sorry about that :(

Please add a list of eligible TOS bonus crew ... have never watched the show so have no idea who that might all include.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clarification: the crew in the art for that blog post will not necessarily be featured crew. However as TOS crew they will provide a bonus.

For various reasons things got complicated this month and that has affected crew announcement etc

Shan, can you clarify a couple questions about bonus crew?

Are the movies considered TOS?
    Example Characters:
    • Gillian Taylor
    • General Chang

WIll characters who appeared in TOS and then in later series provide a bonus for the variant for the later series or only TOS?
    Example Characters:
    • Ambassador Spock(From TNG but Spock is from TOS)
    • Science Officer Spock(From DIS but Spock is in TOS)
    • Bridge Officer Number One(From DIS but character was from original TOS pilot)
    • Dahar Master Kor(Character from DS9, but character/actor originally from TOS)

Thanks.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Regarding his stats this is not very promising, probably quite vanilla

Oh, I don’t know that just because it is Garth of Izar, his stats will be poor. Gary Seven, Captain Braxton, Dahar Master Koloth, Juliana Tainer, and Amelia Earhart are some of the best crew in the game, and they are not main cast.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
    "Cellular Metamorphosis"... From the wiki;
    Garth had secretly expanded his control of the transformative gift that had saved his life. Far beyond repairing damaged flesh, Garth amassed enough skill to assume the appearance of others, down to the sound of their voice and their clothing.
    He manufactured a chemical explosive of substantial strength from available materials (and claimed it was the most potent weapon in history) and transformed a rehabilitation chair into an instrument of torture

I'll be happy with anything other than CMD/DIP/SEC. Please don't try to limbo under that particularly low bar, DB.

This is exactly what I meant and what I expect. I do not expect the stats to be low but I expect COM and SEC as primary and secondary and the third skill does not matter a lot to me at this point but DIP would not surprise me. But even MED for his self-healing skill or ENG or SCI for the quotes as tertiary would not raise any excitement within me.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cellular Metamorphosis"... From the wiki;
    Garth had secretly expanded his control of the transformative gift that had saved his life. Far beyond repairing damaged flesh, Garth amassed enough skill to assume the appearance of others, down to the sound of their voice and their clothing.
    He manufactured a chemical explosive of substantial strength from available materials (and claimed it was the most potent weapon in history) and transformed a rehabilitation chair into an instrument of torture

I'll be happy with anything other than CMD/DIP/SEC. Please don't try to limbo under that particularly low bar, DB.

SEC/SCI/ENG? Or SEC/SCI/MED?

I agree that variations on the same CMD/DIP/x theme are getting really boring lately, and I don't think asking for something to be excited about in a game is too much to ask.
  • Options
    All TOS crew provide bonus the entire mega...geez 117 crew.... putting together our fleet shuttle bonus spreadsheet will take me 2hs or more...lol :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    TOS is my favorite series, so I heartily approve! <3
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea of this theme, and the layout of the weeks ain't too bad either!
  • Options
    I'm not sure when "Mega" became a description of the number of bonus crew. The first Mega event had around 5 small bonus crew when the event launched. Now we are over 100.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blah, unexciting to me
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

STT internal reasons Shan? Or complicated workload for the small team considering that seemingly your new Archer game will be released soon?

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forget who had the idea of a Garth of Izar mega event, but I hope it comes close to what they wanted. I'm pretty excited.

That would be me, and I am super excited.

aae5su8ml9pe.gif

I added "of Izar" to my name in the game. I tried on the forum, but it just won't take.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Please add a list of eligible TOS bonus crew ... have never watched the show so have no idea who that might all include.

Captain James Kirk as portrayed by William Shatner
    Spock as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy
    Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy as portrayed by DeForest Kelley
    Montgomery "Scotty" Scott as portrayed by James Doohan
    Nyota Uhura as portrayed by Nichelle Nichols
    Hikaru Sulu as portrayed by George Takei
    Pavel chekov as portrayed by Walter Koenig
    Number One/Christine Chapel as portrayed by Majel Barrett
    Janice Rand as portrayed by Grace Lee Whitney
    Captain Christopher Pike as portrayed by Jeffrey Hunter (and Sean Kenney if you are desperate!)

And then presumably random one-offs like Mother Horta, M-113 Creature, etc
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    RaraRacing wrote: »

Captain James Kirk as portrayed by William Shatner
    Spock as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy
    Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy as portrayed by DeForest Kelley
    Montgomery "Scotty" Scott as portrayed by James Doohan
    Nyota Uhura as portrayed by Nichelle Nichols
    Hikaru Sulu as portrayed by George Takei
    Pavel chekov as portrayed by Walter Koenig
    Number One/Christine Chapel as portrayed by Majel Barrett
    Janice Rand as portrayed by Grace Lee Whitney
    Captain Christopher Pike as portrayed by Jeffrey Hunter (and Sean Kenney if you are desperate!)

And then presumably random one-offs like Mother Horta, M-113 Creature, etc

The wiki has a helpful breakdown of TOS crew here:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Category:Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking since STT has a "tos" hidden trait, those characters will be the bonus crew.

Valeris has that trait (Star Trek VI)
    the new Transporter Chief Rand has that trait (Star Trek TMP)
    Captain Scott has that trait (TNG: "Relics") [Same with Ambassador Spock, though Ambassador Sarek does not?]
    Dr. Gillian Taylor has that trait (Star Trek IV)

I also note that none of the Dahar Masters have the trait.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    I'm thinking since STT has a "tos" hidden trait, those characters will be the bonus crew.

Valeris has that trait (Star Trek VI)
    the new Transporter Chief Rand has that trait (Star Trek TMP)
    Captain Scott has that trait (TNG: "Relics") [Same with Ambassador Spock, though Ambassador Sarek does not?]
    Dr. Gillian Taylor has that trait (Star Trek IV)

I also note that none of the Dahar Masters have the trait.

I think that version of Ambassador Sarek may be from the TNG episode "Sarek" and not from the TOS movies. Ambassador Spock shouldn't have the TOS trait in my opinion, either.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends