Home The Bridge
Options

December Mega - ToS themed!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Garth says, "I am Lord Garth, Master of the Universe!" several times, but I think"Subjugating You Won't Be Enough" would also be a nice title for his ship ability. Trait-wise, I anticipate he'll be similar to the Borg Queen: Brutal, Cultural Figure, Interrogator, and Resourceful. He ought to have Crafty and Tactician instead of her Communicator and Survivalist, though.

Don’t forget Shapeshifter, that was central to the episode.

I didn't forget; it was just a casualty of editing. I assume he'll also have the Human trait, although he isn't explicitly identified as one in the episode. He scoffs at "You Earth people", but he could just be from somewhere else humans have settled or is just being petty. He could also be both from another place humans have settled and petty.

Petty should be a new trait.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ndohoiims67h.jpg
    Garth of Izar
    Security / Command / Science* or Engineer*

* Engineer: transformed a rehabilitation chair into an instrument of torture
    * Science: He manufactured a chemical explosive of substantial strength from available materials and said it was the most potent weapon in history.

"I am master of the universe, and I must claim my domain." – Garth of Izar, 2268

Don't forget that Garth is also a master of disguise and can change from a no talent country singer to an even less talented rocker.

mft0swurau9g.jpg

I always wondered why Garth didn't introduce Chris Gaines on SNL...
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ndohoiims67h.jpg
    Garth of Izar

* Science: He manufactured a chemical explosive of substantial strength from available materials and said it was the most potent weapon in history.

"I am master of the universe, and I must claim my domain." – Garth of Izar, 2268

Don't forget that Garth is also a master of disguise and can change from a no talent country singer to an even less talented rocker.

mft0swurau9g.jpg

*sigh* When will our paranoia stop? Next, you're gonna question why you've never seen Clark Kent interview Superman.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ndohoiims67h.jpg
    Garth of Izar

mft0swurau9g.jpg

*sigh* When will our paranoia stop? Next, you're gonna question why you've never seen Clark Kent interview Superman.

Or why Clark Kent did not attend the funeral for Superman.

https://youtu.be/eQvVxY20yOY
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garth says, "I am Lord Garth, Master of the Universe!" several times, but I think"Subjugating You Won't Be Enough" would also be a nice title for his ship ability. Trait-wise, I anticipate he'll be similar to the Borg Queen: Brutal, Cultural Figure, Interrogator, and Resourceful. He ought to have Crafty and Tactician instead of her Communicator and Survivalist, though.

Don’t forget Shapeshifter, that was central to the episode.

I didn't forget; it was just a casualty of editing. I assume he'll also have the Human trait, although he isn't explicitly identified as one in the episode. He scoffs at "You Earth people", but he could just be from somewhere else humans have settled or is just being petty. He could also be both from another place humans have settled and petty.

Petty should be a new trait.

I choose to believe that he was human and just had a sour view of people born on (or living on) Earth rather than one of humanity’s extrasolar territories. The “of Izar” certainly suggests he is from somewhere that is not Earth, perhaps somewhere that has diverged somewhat, culturally-speaking, from what we have been shown are the predominant social norms for Federation society - choosing mononyms would be one such diversion, for instance.

It’s possible he really is an alien that suffered from the Original Series’ limited effects/makeup budget, I suppose, but there just isn’t enough supporting evidence for me to put much stock in it.
  • Options
    I choose to believe that he was human and just had a sour view of people born on (or living on) Earth rather than one of humanity’s extrasolar territories. The “of Izar” certainly suggests he is from somewhere that is not Earth, perhaps somewhere that has diverged somewhat, culturally-speaking, from what we have been shown are the predominant social norms for Federation society - choosing mononyms would be one such diversion, for instance.

It’s possible he really is an alien that suffered from the Original Series’ limited effects/makeup budget, I suppose, but there just isn’t enough supporting evidence for me to put much stock in it.

In the novels Izar is an old Earth colony that gained independence, so there could be the kind of sniffyness you get between the US and Europe, only contorted by his insanity.
  • Options

Welp. I got Brutal and Resourceful right. I guess Cultural Figure is nebulous enough it's immaterial whether he has that or not, but I'm genuinely surprised he doesn't have Interrogator or Tactician.