Home The Bridge
Options

December Mega - ToS themed!

Comments

• Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Hmmm intriguing... I hope that the TOS version Hardcourt Fenton Mudd makes it in, though I can see it might be a stretch to get image rights from the late Rodger Carmel's estate.

Jim

It's only bridge crew, so Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Chapel, etc.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    ToS Pike and #1 should be on that list...... :/

For sure! Was this an oversight? @Shan

Wouldn't be opposed to Robert April and Arex either, FWIW.

TAS is not TOS
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

They weren't TOS Bridge crew. They were guest stars on a single episode.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »

They weren't TOS Bridge crew. They were guest stars on a single episode.

If you don t count „The Cage“, the original pilot to TOS, then ur correct.
    My personal opinion is that it belongs to TOS.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I hope we get Orion slave Batgirl (Yvonne Craig, Batgirl from the 1960's Batman TV show, played the Orion Marta in the episode with Garth).
  • Options
    @Dirk Gunderson – I think I was just as invested with Garth in that thread. And BTW, that's LORD Garth! ;)

bp72lkc2yxyk.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Going by event names, I wouldn't be surprised to see some station characters from The Trouble with Tribbles and some Space Hippies pop up.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thinking about the pattern of reruns before & after Mega events, it occurred to me that we have not yet had a rerun of Ilia’s Hybrid event, Our Thoughts Combined. Guess who one of the 4* crew was? Author Doctor. 🤔

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Our_Thoughts_Combined
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a breakdown on the strongest 4* TOS bridge crew to thaw?
  • Options
    I'm wondering why no one is missing ensign Tuvok on the list as he was bridge crew with Kirk 😉
    Level 84
    65 x 5* immortal
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another note, can we just drop a big THANK YOU to DB for not dumping a ridiculous three-type event over the Christmas holidays again?

I wouldn't have hated a hybrid with an Expedition, but this is all so much better.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    Does anyone have a breakdown on the strongest 4* TOS bridge crew to thaw?

Mind you, you have two weeks to that since the first event is a Skirmish, but here you go:

p9p3tjd369dr.png

Thank you.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another note, can we just drop a big THANK YOU to DB for not dumping a ridiculous three-type event over the Christmas holidays again?
    Unless I've missed an event, that was June, wasn't it?

I remember it particularly well, as I was very excited about adding Com/Eng Augment Commander O'Brien to my roster... and then when his stats were revealed, he was a commander without any command skill! (And a dirty two-skiller, to boot!)
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    a 3 type event has never occurred over Christmas

What is saddening, is we went all of 2019 WITHOUT any expeditions. this is the first Christmas we've had that didn't have an expedition event of some kind.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Unless I've missed an event, that was June, wasn't it?

I remember it particularly well, as I was very excited about adding Com/Eng Augment Commander O'Brien to my roster... and then when his stats were revealed, he was a commander without any command skill! (And a dirty two-skiller, to boot!)

Yup. Faulty memory there. Maybe I'm just happy for no expedition over Christmas then lol
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    a 3 type event has never occurred over Christmas

What is saddening, is we went all of 2019 WITHOUT any expeditions. this is the first Christmas we've had that didn't have an expedition event of some kind.

We technically have no event on Christmas this year with Christmas being on Wednesday.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dirk Gunderson – I think I was just as invested with Garth in that thread. And BTW, that's LORD Garth! ;)

bp72lkc2yxyk.jpg
    That would make for a great ship ability name. Either that, or “I am master of the universe, and I must claim my domain.”
    Katla wrote: »
    Going by event names, I wouldn't be surprised to see some station characters from The Trouble with Tribbles and some Space Hippies pop up.
    I can see myself unloading a lot of shuttle boosts/tokens and chrons for Cyrano Jones, maybe even Arne Darvin. Needless to say, I am super pumped for the entire month.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given this exchange from Whom Gods Destroy, I hope DB gives Garth some really, really good stats - KIRK: Captain Garth
    GARTH: Lord Garth!
    KIRK: No, sir. Captain Garth, Starship fleet Captain. That's an honourable title.
    GARTH: And I was the greatest of them all, wasn't I?
    KIRK: Yes, you were. Yes. But you're a sick man now, sir.
    GARTH: I have never been more healthy.
    KIRK: No. No, think. Think back to what you were before the accident that sent you to Antos Four. Try.
    GARTH: I can't remember. It's almost as if I had died and was reborn.
    KIRK: No, I, I can remember. You were the finest student at the Academy, the finest Starship Captain. You were the prototype, the model for the rest of us.
    GARTH: Yes, I do remember that. It was a great responsibility, but one I was proud to bear.
    KIRK: And you bore it well.

that sounds kind of like CMD-SEC doesn't it? maybe he'll have some SCI or ENG for his shapeshifting ability?

...and what if his ship ability is "Queen to Queen's level 3"? :)
  • Options
    ÷ Dr. Claire Finn÷ Dr. Claire Finn ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    ndohoiims67h.jpg
    Garth of Izar
    Security / Command / Science* or Engineer*

* Engineer: transformed a rehabilitation chair into an instrument of torture
    * Science: He manufactured a chemical explosive of substantial strength from available materials and said it was the most potent weapon in history.

"I am master of the universe, and I must claim my domain." – Garth of Izar, 2268
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • Options
    Given this exchange from Whom Gods Destroy, I hope DB gives Garth some really, really good stats - KIRK: Captain Garth
    GARTH: Lord Garth!
    KIRK: No, sir. Captain Garth, Starship fleet Captain. That's an honourable title.
    GARTH: And I was the greatest of them all, wasn't I?
    KIRK: Yes, you were. Yes. But you're a sick man now, sir.
    GARTH: I have never been more healthy.
    KIRK: No. No, think. Think back to what you were before the accident that sent you to Antos Four. Try.
    GARTH: I can't remember. It's almost as if I had died and was reborn.
    KIRK: No, I, I can remember. You were the finest student at the Academy, the finest Starship Captain. You were the prototype, the model for the rest of us.
    GARTH: Yes, I do remember that. It was a great responsibility, but one I was proud to bear.
    KIRK: And you bore it well.

that sounds kind of like CMD-SEC doesn't it? maybe he'll have some SCI or ENG for his shapeshifting ability?

...and what if his ship ability is "Queen to Queen's level 3"? :)

I’m rewatching the episode now and I could understand a few different combos:

1) COM/SEC/ENG or COM/ENG/SEC. Command is obvious, and security is thanks to his success at the Battle of Axanar. Engineering is present as Garth more or less independently invented the Mirror Universe’s agonizer.

2) COM/ENG/SCI. Since he wasn’t necessarily all that great at hand-to-hand combat (only narrowly defeating a weakened opponent), it is replaced with SCI, based off of Garth’s creation of the explosive from scavenged materials (albeit perhaps not as powerful as promised) and his knowledge of cellular metamorphosis.

3) COM/ENG/MED or COM/MED/ENG. Okay, so this is maybe a bit of wishful thinking but MED could be reasonable due to Garth’s modification of the cellular metamorphosis technique to go beyond tissue regeneration into shapeshifting. More wishful thinking would be MED/COM/ENG or MED/ENG/COM, but I honestly don’t see his primary being anything other than command and would prefer we don’t end up with yet another ENG primary mega recurring legendary crew.
  • Options
    I'm wondering why no one is missing ensign Tuvok on the list as he was bridge crew with Kirk 😉

Excelsior under Sulu. Sorry. :)
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    3) COM/ENG/MED or COM/MED/ENG. Okay, so this is maybe a bit of wishful thinking but MED could be reasonable due to Garth’s modification of the cellular metamorphosis technique to go beyond tissue regeneration into shapeshifting. More wishful thinking would be MED/COM/ENG or MED/ENG/COM, but I honestly don’t see his primary being anything other than command and would prefer we don’t end up with yet another ENG primary mega recurring legendary crew.
    Call me crazy, but I'm hoping for some combination of MED/CMD/ENG. There was torture and that tends toward MED. CMD is pretty obvious. ENG was required as you said. Here's to hoping...
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Garth says, "I am Lord Garth, Master of the Universe!" several times, but I think"Subjugating You Won't Be Enough" would also be a nice title for his ship ability. Trait-wise, I anticipate he'll be similar to the Borg Queen: Brutal, Cultural Figure, Interrogator, and Resourceful. He ought to have Crafty and Tactician instead of her Communicator and Survivalist, though.

Don’t forget Shapeshifter, that was central to the episode.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    ndohoiims67h.jpg
    Garth of Izar
    Security / Command / Science* or Engineer*

* Engineer: transformed a rehabilitation chair into an instrument of torture
    * Science: He manufactured a chemical explosive of substantial strength from available materials and said it was the most potent weapon in history.

"I am master of the universe, and I must claim my domain." – Garth of Izar, 2268

Don't forget that Garth is also a master of disguise and can change from a no talent country singer to an even less talented rocker.

mft0swurau9g.jpg
    Let’s fly!