Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Dead to Rights - 12/26 - ME part 4

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in The Bridge
Event Name: Dead to Rights
Event Type: Faction Event
Event Crew: Laborer Kirk 5* (New), Ev Suit Chekov 4* (New), and Agent Harris 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 12/26 until Monday 12/30 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: War Correspondent Jake Sisko (Existing) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/02.

Mega-Event recurring featured crew: Garth of Izar 5* (Existing)

Event Factions:
Section 31, Ferengi Alliance, Romulans

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and Garth of Izar
• small bonus: variants of Kirk, Chekov, and crew listed below.

Torpedo Surgeon McCoy
Scared Scotty
Sulu of the Body
Rescue Team Uhura
Lt. Uhura
Brainless Spock
Seeking Spock
Christine Chapel
Commander Chapel
Doctor Chapel
Ensign Chapel
First Officer Chekov
Claiborne Chekov
Dancing Chekov
Ensign Chekov
Lieutenant Chekov
Commander Chekov
Admiral Kirk
Kal-if-fee Kirk
Evil Kirk
Gangster Kirk
Nexus Kirk
Command Wrap Kirk
Incognito Kirk
Mirror Kirk
Platonian Kirk
Roman Captive Kirk
Romulan Kirk
Rura Penthe Kirk
Survivalist Kirk
Captain Kirk
Wrathful Kirk
CMO 'Bones' McCoy
Drafted McCoy
Dr. Leonard McCoy
Gladiator McCoy
Katra McCoy
Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy
"Dark Ages" McCoy'
Transporter Chief Rand
Yeoman Rand
Commander Scott
Dress Uniform Scotty
Lt. Commander Scott
Captain Scott
Professor Scott
Tribble Herder Scotty
Ambassador Spock
Mountaineer Spock
Captain Spock
Commander Spock
Kal-if-fee Spock
Gangster Spock
Gladiator Spock
Laborer Spock
Kolinahr Spock
Mirror Spock
Talos IV Spock
Recovering Spock
Astrosciences Sulu
Captain Sulu
Fencing Sulu
Lt. Sulu
Mirror Sulu
Undercover Sulu
Gunslinger Uhura
Dancing Uhura
Lt. Commander Uhura
Mirror Uhura
Comm Officer Uhura
Nyota Uhura
Commander Uhura

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Wow I'm first for a change!!!! We got the "BEES!!!!" Jake Sisko event (from the Longest Day faction\galaxy event) for our rerun. And we now have one more crew for the hopefully incoming EV suit collection!!
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Or flashback...

I have Rogue Kim and Xindi "Prisoner" Archer on ice and Jake at 1/5 FE. If it's a flashback I may not even participate except to get the community 10x pull.
  • Options
    The art of EV Suit Chekov.

I would love to see a hand lifting him up, implying it's Khan. That's the iconic shot.

zvxue2u1yu8u.png

It could make for some fun and very cool bridge themes!!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m excited for Chekov...hopefully I’ll get lucky and draw a Kirk as well while pulling packs.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have 2 immortalized copies of both Rogue Kim & Xindi Archer, and didn't get Jake the first time around, so it looks like I'll be able to coast through the next two events over the holidays. Thanks DB!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    woohoo EV Chekov AND he's a 4/4, thanks Shan...any guesses how many Ceti Eels he will need?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    woohoo EV Chekov AND he's a 4/4, thanks Shan...any guesses how many Ceti Eels he will need?

Alas, it's a Faction event so he'll only be 3/4.
  • Options
    I'm Guessing he'll be CMD/SEC/DIP. Is "brain hijacked by Ceti Eel" a trait?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The art of EV Suit Chekov.

I would love to see a hand lifting him up, implying it's Khan. That's the iconic shot.

zvxue2u1yu8u.png

Are we sure it will be Wrathful Chekov? Not saying I'm opposed to that Chekov. Just asking if Chekov ever wore an EV Suit in TOS. Or in TAS. (Although in TAS, I think they mostly, if not always, wore those forcefield belts.)
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I expected Chekov and/or Rand, as they're the only remaining characters in the bonus pool yet to get a new persona during this mega. It occurs to me that 2* Captain Kirk was (oddly) in the Week 2 thresholds. I think it's safe to assume 3* Commander Chekov for the rank table, but there is no 2* Chekov or Rand. I'd gladly welcome a 2* Rand from The Undiscovered Country. (I still think it's messed up in the end credits they just call her "Excelsior Communications Officer".)

I think any movie version of Rand deserves at least a 4* variant (same as how Chapel’s movie variants are both 4* as is Transporter Chief Rand). A 2* Off Duty Rand from The Enemy Within would be my choice.
  • Options
    Thought it was this Chekov:

7ep6o4pwyfnk.jpeg

Good point...I know I would be okay with either one. I’d be pumped for both at some point, with EV Suit Chekov from this episode and Prisoner Chekov (or something similar) from the film.
  • Options

7ep6o4pwyfnk.jpeg

Good point...I know I would be okay with either one. I’d be pumped for both at some point, with EV Suit Chekov from this episode and Prisoner Chekov (or something similar) from the film.

"Wrathful Chekov" has already been put out there.......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

7ep6o4pwyfnk.jpeg

"Wrathful Chekov" has already been put out there.......

I remember seeing that...I just don’t recall him being wrathful so much as oops-I’ve-made-use-of-the-suit’s-solid-waste-extractor-system scared when he realizes what’s really going on in that hovel.
  • Options

7ep6o4pwyfnk.jpeg

It's amazing how much more advanced the EV Suits were ten years before that...........

Yeah they went from iron man technology to tin foil ten years later. And yet the cheaper looking suits are more memorable.
  • Options

7ep6o4pwyfnk.jpeg

It's amazing how much more advanced the EV Suits were ten years before that...........

Yeah they went from iron man technology to tin foil ten years later. And yet the cheaper looking suits are more memorable.

Maybe someone said "Helmet" at the wrong time and suffocated......
  • Options

7ep6o4pwyfnk.jpeg

It‘s called retro style and not unusual, that things from the past come back, that look quite old, but with advanced technology. But i guess DSC haters just have to hate. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

It‘s called retro style and not unusual, that things from the past come back, that look quite old, but with advanced technology. But i guess DSC haters just have to hate. ;)

I did not get it as mocking on DSC but rather as making fun of STT's lack of design fantasy and budget.

Anyway it would have been weird to design everything in DSC to be congruent with STO while 21st century technology already bypassed some things (e.g these EV suits or touchscreens).

In RL 2200 also DSC will look old, even if the travelling possibilities in ST will remain fiction.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

7ep6o4pwyfnk.jpeg

I just like what I like. I’m not a brand loyalist. I can’t automatically like something just because it has a brand name attached that I recognize.
  • Options
    I'm all for the call-out on the how it looks like the tech regressed from Disco to TOS - it's definitely amusing, even knowing it's a best effort. I just wish they could make up their minds on what Klingons are supposed to look like.
  • Options
    Personally, I hope Chekov's EV suit is from TOS. I adore that Swingin' Sixties aesthetic.
  • Options
    I'm all for the call-out on the how it looks like the tech regressed from Disco to TOS - it's definitely amusing, even knowing it's a best effort. I just wish they could make up their minds on what Klingons are supposed to look like.

You mean, DSC put effort into consistency?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    For clarity, I was not mocking EITHER show. I love all the Star Treks. I was just making a joke about how far technology has come in the TV industry since the 1960s. For instance, those see-through computer screens that were everywhere in season one of Disco? They were the first five made by the company that makes them. Put in the show for awareness purposes and money.

Let's not forget that a 1960s book predicted that the world population would be double what could be sustained by the agriculture infrastructure by 1999.

And the 1973 movie adapted from it went even further. Just a couple years from now, the most popular food item will be green ration crackers that are only available on Tuesdays. And are made from Long Pig.......
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    War Correspondent Jake. I didn’t pick him up the first time, and I haven’t missed him once. Oh well. A chance to take it easy.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends