Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Longest Day (flashback) - 01/02

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in The Bridge
Coming to you early as I am on a break for a few days :)

Event Name: The Longest Day (flashback)
Event Type: Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event
Event Crew: War Correspondent Jake Sisko 5* (Existing), Xindi ‘Prisoner Archer’ 4* (Existing), and Rogue Harry Kim 4* (Existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 01/02 until Monday 01/06 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Ishan Chaye Sisko (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/09.

Event Factions:
Dominion, Hirogen

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew
• small bonus: variants of J. Sisko, Archer and Kim.

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    Coming to you early as I am on a break for a few days :)

Event Name: The Longest Day (flashback)
    Event Type: Hybrid Faction/Galaxy Event
    Event Crew: War Correspondent Jake Sisko 5* (Existing), Xindi ‘Prisoner Archer’ 4* (Existing), and Rogue Harry Kim 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 01/02 until Monday 01/06 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Ishan Chaye Sisko (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/09.

Event Factions:
    Dominion, Hirogen

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of J. Sisko, Archer and Kim.

The next week, is the Sisko from "The Visitor"......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Visitor_(Star_Trek:_Deep_Space_Nine)

EDIT: Google LIED. It's from the Thrax episode......

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Things_Past_(episode)
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Looks like he's from the episode "Things Past".

EDIT: Same episode as "Thrax".

Well, why the fudgesickle did Google take me to "The Visitor"?!?!?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Says he was an electronics engineer, so hopefully that means a strong ENG.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Flashbacks sux, they would **tsk tsk** less if they weren't happening instead of reruns but taking a new event slot though.
  • Gib - Admiral MarinersGib - Admiral Mariners ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I like flashbacks. For the most part it means I can Threshold and done. the week before, as for the most part I have the featured crew FFFE.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

And it's Sisko, so probably some CMD too. If they sneak MED in there somehow, I might just participate after all. But I really don't remember the episode. Did he CPR someone back to life by any chance?
    Farewell 🖖

Master of cellular metamorphosis, chemical explosives manufacturer = CMD/DIP/SEC

Watch someone else do engineering and make rice picker joke = ENG primary

Hmm...this is easy.

Crew mutinies and throws you in jail...three times = Top overall voyage Commander

Run away unarmed and get shot in the back = 1,000+ SEC

Scientist masquerading as a Doctor = ENG primary

Duel with 18th century antique dueling pistols = not a duelist

"I'd rather spend a year in solitary confinement than listen to any of this." = DIP primary, Diplomat trait and collection

The ultimate evolution in the martial arts = not an athlete

So you're saying I might get my ENG/CMD/MED?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

Master of cellular metamorphosis, chemical explosives manufacturer = CMD/DIP/SEC

Watch someone else do engineering and make rice picker joke = ENG primary

Hmm...this is easy.

Crew mutinies and throws you in jail...three times = Top overall voyage Commander

Run away unarmed and get shot in the back = 1,000+ SEC

Scientist masquerading as a Doctor = ENG primary

Duel with 18th century antique dueling pistols = not a duelist

"I'd rather spend a year in solitary confinement than listen to any of this." = DIP primary, Diplomat trait and collection

The ultimate evolution in the martial arts = not an athlete

"You're hired!"
    - DB, probably.
  •  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    Why not make Thrax event crew since his events since the mega event are probably zero.
    [S14]Bri wrote: »
    Why not make Thrax event crew since his events since the mega event are probably zero.

Maybe they have the fabled Cardassian vs Maquis mega event planned for 2020 and Thrax will get some use. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Ren~ wrote: »
    Flashbacks sux, they would **tsk tsk** less if they weren't happening instead of reruns but taking a new event slot though.

Don't mind them, they're a week off from an event, and if they've got a galaxy aspect, free honour for building one item.
    Ivlain wrote: »

Maybe they have the fabled Cardassian vs Maquis mega event planned for 2020 and Thrax will get some use. :)

I hope so! Then we could finally get Maquis Tom Riker and the 5* Stolen Defiant, finally a 5* Maquis ship.

That 5⭐ Maquis ship would be the main thing for me, and probably a lot of players. Here's to hoping! 🤞
    Farewell 🖖
  • EnderW wrote: »

I hope so! Then we could finally get Maquis Tom Riker and the 5* Stolen Defiant, finally a 5* Maquis ship.

That 5⭐ Maquis ship would be the main thing for me, and probably a lot of players. Here's to hoping! 🤞

I feel like the Dreadnought would make a more interesting Maquis 5* ship.

I guess you mean the one from the Voyager episode, which should have both the Maquis and Cardassian trait. It would be fun to have it in the game! :)
    EnderW wrote: »

I feel like the Dreadnought would make a more interesting Maquis 5* ship.

I guess you mean the one from the Voyager episode, which should have both the Maquis and Cardassian trait. It would be fun to have it in the game! :)

This.

🖖🖖🖖🖖🖖
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean the Maquis repurposed Cardassian MISSILE (and not a ship)?!
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    You mean the Maquis repurposed Cardassian MISSILE (and not a ship)?!

Yes, Dreadnought. There aren't any other unique Maquis ships that could be used for a 5* ship (while the Maquis-commandeered Defiant might work, it's not really different than the ISS Defiant, is it?). And B'Elanna seemed to be conveyed quite well inside the vessel. I'll sidestep the full Bounty-esque argument on traits, but I will say it was definitely Maquis when it went down.

And thus begins another thread hijacking! :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The missles the maquis made that were sentient and nearly impossible to destroy. That was a weird episode. How did the maquis ever lose when their technology was so much more advanced than even starfleet?
    Let’s fly!
  • edited December 2019
    The missles the maquis made that were sentient and nearly impossible to destroy. That was a weird episode. How did the maquis ever lose when their technology was so much more advanced than even starfleet?

Well it was Cardassian by design, and then commandeered by The Maquis and we saw how Cardassians had pretty impressive tech.... so they implemented that tech onto this super advanced missile...save for using a kinetic detonator.
    Edit: I'd also like to add my 1 and a half cents that it isn't a ship to me as yes it has shields, it has on board weapons but it doesn't have a crew, no sickbay, or bridge (it had a mash of a bridge and engineering). A ship needs a command center, engineering section, Crew quarters and sick bay to be classified as a 'ship' otherwise its like a drone or uav in space. Which brings me to how can the Federation Fighter be a 5 star ship? Seriously that thing was NEVER meant for long range assignments and they made it a 5 star so good for voyages, should've been a 2 star, maybe 3 star at the most. (Warning rant detected) Plus as a 5 star ship from the 23rd century (Before Kirk) it can beat a Romulan Warbird in stats, something the Enterprise D, (the most advanced ship in Starfleet in the 24th century) could've had a very difficult time doing... A little shuttle with more weapons? Really? How could it really hold its own against a Borg cube? Ok this turned into a rant.... Better stop now before this gets more derailed
    Hate to be that guy, but.......

The HMS Bounty doesn't have both Federation and Klingon Trait Tags..........
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which brings me to how can the Federation Fighter be a 5 star ship? Seriously that thing was NEVER meant for long range assignments and they made it a 5 star so good for voyages, should've been a 2 star, maybe 3 star at the most. (Warning rant detected) Plus as a 5 star ship from the 23rd century (Before Kirk) it can beat a Romulan Warbird in stats, something the Enterprise D, (the most advanced ship in Starfleet in the 24th century) could've had a very difficult time doing... A little shuttle with more weapons? Really? How could it really hold its own against a Borg cube? Ok this turned into a rant.... Better stop now before this gets more derailed

All good points and why the Fed Fighter should have been the Delta Flyer; but that's a rant for another time...

Your points about the Dreadnought being less ship, and more a metal tube, are sound. But I'd point out that Captain Proton's Rocket Ship isn't a ship either, as it's more of a room on Voyager. So we need to have some leeway here.

Seriously though, this does show that the ships need a revamp and certain 3* and 4* ships need to brought up to the 5* level (such as the Hirogen warship; the only other Hirogen ship not used is a freighter, so how's that going to be used in a battle?!). Again, a rant for another time.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    For advance planning purposes, here is a link to the Wiki page for the original run of this Event. 🖖

https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Longest_Day
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • EnderW wrote: »
    Which brings me to how can the Federation Fighter be a 5 star ship? Seriously that thing was NEVER meant for long range assignments and they made it a 5 star so good for voyages, should've been a 2 star, maybe 3 star at the most. (Warning rant detected) Plus as a 5 star ship from the 23rd century (Before Kirk) it can beat a Romulan Warbird in stats, something the Enterprise D, (the most advanced ship in Starfleet in the 24th century) could've had a very difficult time doing... A little shuttle with more weapons? Really? How could it really hold its own against a Borg cube? Ok this turned into a rant.... Better stop now before this gets more derailed

All good points and why the Fed Fighter should have been the Delta Flyer; but that's a rant for another time...

Your points about the Dreadnought being less ship, and more a metal tube, are sound. But I'd point out that Captain Proton's Rocket Ship isn't a ship either, as it's more of a room on Voyager. So we need to have some leeway here.

Seriously though, this does show that the ships need a revamp and certain 3* and 4* ships need to brought up to the 5* level (such as the Hirogen warship; the only other Hirogen ship not used is a freighter, so how's that going to be used in a battle?!). Again, a rant for another time.

I do agree that (now upon thinking) that Captain protons ship really shouldn't be a 5 star ship. Is it more of a ship than dreadnaught as it has a function other than reach target and destroy? It has a command center but no crew quarters or sick Bay or engineering. But also it can't exist outside the holodeck. Either way in my books dreadnaught and protons rocket ship bith shouldn't be ships and the fed fighter. The fed fighter a 2 star at best and the delta flyer is much more of a ship than the fighter and also more advanced and should be a 4 or 3 star... But this is db so who knows
    ByloBand wrote: »
    OK seriously, it's been like four hours, has the ranting been cancelled?!

If we don't get a rant soon, I'm going to do a rage-quit post!!!!!

😠😠😠😠😠

#AdventuresOfDScottHewitt