Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Longest Day (flashback) - 01/02

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold up, are you even authorized to use that hashtag?!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clutter
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    For advance planning purposes, here is a link to the Wiki page for the original run of this Event. 🖖

https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Longest_Day

Is it safe to assume Archer will be the threshold reward? I have both Archer and Kim done except their outfits...
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    For advance planning purposes, here is a link to the Wiki page for the original run of this Event. 🖖

https://stt.wiki/wiki/The_Longest_Day

Is it safe to assume Archer will be the threshold reward? I have both Archer and Kim done except their outfits...

As I understand it, a Flashback Event has the identical structure to the original run. Therefore, 4* Xindi Prisoner Archer should be the threshold reward at VP=3000, 35000 and 130000.

Here is another thing:
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Archer's_Xindi_Prisoner_Disguise
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    OK seriously, it's been like four hours, has the ranting been cancelled?!

Cool your impulse engines; I do try to get out on Saturdays. ;) Besides, I don't mean to get off on a rant here...wait, yes I do.

I've really already said much of what I wanted to say about the ships. Only thing I'd add is much of what I suggested should be simple to change from a coding perspective; just change some values for ships/things and all the animations of the ship battles stay the same. The card part would definitely be harder but that one is pretty pie-in-the-sky.

And nothing I'd say about the Fed Fighter would be any different than what others have said: it's not based on anything in the ST canon and the Delta Flyer has been heavily requested. It's just really silly that it wasn't used in this situation. But what are you gonna do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess I'm not very good at this whole "rant" thing. :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • ... Which brings me to how can the Federation Fighter be a 5 star ship? Seriously ...

Discovery is Legendary. Nearly everything that touches on that show is 4* or higher.

The game prioritizes 5* and 4* over just about everything else. We no longer have to hold onto a handful of Uncommon and Rare crew just to do the daily missions. I'm not surprised that DB has made such a high proportion of its Discovery-based crew and ships as 4* and 5*. It keeps them relevant and makes it most likely that you'll keep them in your crew. As it is, given how often we have Discovery events, I've devoted a far amount of my crew space to Discovery personnel, even SRs. It save s me from going to the trouble of thawing them out.

That's Captain Tambourine Man to you.
  • ... Which brings me to how can the Federation Fighter be a 5 star ship? Seriously ...

Discovery is Legendary. Nearly everything that touches on that show is 4* or higher.

The game prioritizes 5* and 4* over just about everything else. We no longer have to hold onto a handful of Uncommon and Rare crew just to do the daily missions. I'm not surprised that DB has made such a high proportion of its Discovery-based crew and ships as 4* and 5*. It keeps them relevant and makes it most likely that you'll keep them in your crew. As it is, given how often we have Discovery events, I've devoted a far amount of my crew space to Discovery personnel, even SRs. It save s me from going to the trouble of thawing them out.

Oops....forum glitch I didn't type that.
  • Hate to be that guy, but.......

The HMS Bounty doesn't have both Federation and Klingon Trait Tags..........

This was a long discussion in "Make It So". Since it was commandeered by the Federation, it can only be Federation. Now if we had the original "Kruge's unnamed Bird of Prey" – the same ship, but actually Klingon.

Basically, "Finders Keepers"
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to be that guy, but.......

The HMS Bounty doesn't have both Federation and Klingon Trait Tags..........

This was a long discussion in "Make It So". Since it was commandeered by the Federation, it can only be Federation. Now if we had the original "Kruge's unnamed Bird of Prey" – the same ship, but actually Klingon.

Basically, "Finders Keepers"

I was pointing out that the Dreadnought would likely only be Traited Maquis or Cardassian, not both........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Is it just me or does anyone else have a comically low number of event crew for next week? im counting 11... Most of which dont match the shuttle seats on the faction portion
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else have a comically low number of event crew for next week? im counting 11... Most of which dont match the shuttle seats on the faction portion

I appreciate a week without over-saturated event crew.
  • IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    Since this is a flashback, is threshold 130k or do we get the most recent 350k?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 15, 9 of which are Archer, 2 J. Sisko, and 4 Kim. But it really doesn't matter since I have 50K chronitons and so if I decide to get top 1500, I don't need the faction portion. I'll probably do as I usually do and get about 250K from the faction and 350 to 400K from the galaxy.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 14 (excluding the 3* and below variants). When last we experienced the Longest Day, I had 9. But as @DavideBooks points out, the galaxy phase will have a greater impact on who earns the new 5* card.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    Since this is a flashback, is threshold 130k or do we get the most recent 350k?

In the last flashback they extended threshold to 350 and rank 5* to 1500.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 14 (excluding the 3* and below variants). When last we experienced the Longest Day, I had 9. But as @DavideBooks points out, the galaxy phase will have a greater impact on who earns the new 5* card.

11 bonus crew plus both 4* event crew...it’s not much at all, though it was pretty inexpensive to thaw everyone out. I’m not even sure I intend on reserving my top non-bonus crew...I won’t be competing for rank, so I might as well not restrict my ability to staff voyages during the event.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 bonus crew plus both 4* event crew...it’s not much at all, though it was pretty inexpensive to thaw everyone out. I’m not even sure I intend on reserving my top non-bonus crew...I won’t be competing for rank, so I might as well not restrict my ability to staff voyages during the event.

I'm on the fence about this one. Not terribly interested about this variant of Sisko from a story-based perspective (the episode was interesting with respect to Odo, not Sisko). Of course, it is a Sisko, and if the stats are good... eh, we'll see.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a concern for those who plan to participate. ;) Unless the new Sisko has great stats, that won't be me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • I counted 16 in my crew, but I am definitely NOT defrosting them all for 1/2 the event! Worthy or not, Sisko will have to wait while I take a week off from event. (Or at least just threshold & out.)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have four event crew. Strength of crew will be crucial here
    robownage wrote: »
    So Sisko's ENG/DIP combo is more than a bit beastly:

- #12 Overall Voyager
    - #3 DIP/ENG Voyager (behind Interfaced La Forge and BO Number One)
    - #1 DIP/ENG/x Voyager
    - #1 ENG/DIP/SEC (by a mile ahead of Tempted Data)
    - #2 DIP/ENG Shuttle (behind this month's campaign reward Queen Po)

Aren’t you also the same one who said Captain Beverly is the 10th best MED/COM voyager?

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

- #12 Overall Voyager
    - #1 DIP/ENG/x Voyager

Aren’t you also the same one who said Captain Beverly is the 10th best MED/COM voyager?

I am, and as I indicated in that thread I changed my calculations based on the feedback given. But please, feel free to ignore.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

- #12 Overall Voyager
    - #1 DIP/ENG/x Voyager

I am, and as I indicated in that thread I changed my calculations based on the feedback given. But please, feel free to ignore.

Ha! I’m just busting your chops. Sometimes humor doesn’t translate well to text

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    By my calculations he has 3,501 voyage score which is...

0d0kpakkzi0h.png
    Let’s fly!
  • robownage wrote: »

- #12 Overall Voyager
    - #1 DIP/ENG/x Voyager

Thx, for the sum up. I see em as 12th best Voyages crew as well. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    For what it's worth, here's the Google Sheet that I work with: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nOpPsywJhICsrgdtsjUfj_x_J4Bgz_NTJPnV_cweAoU/edit?usp=sharing

You can see the rankings by character on the "Summary" tab (newest at the top, then alphabetical) and the breakdown by category on the "Data" tab, plus a Voyage ranking on the "Top Voyagers" tab.

There's also an "Events" tab, which is updated for each Faction Event to show the best overall cards for that event.

For the Voyage rankings (e.g. DIP/ENG for the new Sisko), I now rank by the two featured skills - but ignore any two-skilled voyagers since they inherently have no place at the top of this kind of ranking - Frederick La Rouque is not going on any CMD/DIP voyages, even if he has the best combined CMD/DIP score in the game.
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Sisko is gonna be a pretty strong crew to have. Also liking how many strong ENG crew being dropped recently - Laborer Kirk, Ishan Chaye Sisko and Queen Po (in the campaign). Thats 3 of the top 5 strongest overall ENG crew
  • Ren~ wrote: »
    Flashbacks sux, they would **tsk tsk** less if they weren't happening instead of reruns but taking a new event slot though.

Help me out guys, what's the difference between a flashback and a rerun?