Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Longest Day (flashback) - 01/02

Comments

• Data1001 wrote: »
    Help me out guys, what's the difference between a flashback and a rerun?

Sure, happy to help.

A Flashback is when the screen goes all wonky and a little harp glissando plays and all of a sudden you're in a previous scene from your life.

4mbgg4xpvdlo.gif

This is a Rerun.

ao95ot90bgl8.gif

Well played sir. Well played.
    584q84l7hh62.jpg
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »
    Flashbacks sux, they would **tsk tsk** less if they weren't happening instead of reruns but taking a new event slot though.

Reruns have the Event 5 🌟 at 400,000 in the Threshold.

https://youtu.be/5Md_nDXAOZ8

Flashbacks don't.

😠😠😠😠😠

=========================

That Sisko is weaker than some 3 🌟 Crew. I recommend no one even try for him...........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Sure, happy to help.

A Flashback is when the screen goes all wonky and a little harp glissando plays and all of a sudden you're in a previous scene from your life.

4mbgg4xpvdlo.gif

This is a Rerun.

ao95ot90bgl8.gif

Little known fact, they called him Rerun because he kept repeating the third grade

• Ren~ wrote: »
    Flashbacks sux, they would **tsk tsk** less if they weren't happening instead of reruns but taking a new event slot though.

Flashbacks don't.

😠😠😠😠😠

That Sisko is weaker than some 3 🌟 Crew. I recommend no one even try for him...........

Thank you! I'm surprised that that's the difference. In that case why not just make them all reruns. (I could be a little biased though since I was hoping to get another 🌟 on Jake from State Farm. I mean Sisko.)
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Flashbacks don't.

😠😠😠😠😠

Thank you! I'm surprised that that's the difference. In that case why not just make them all reruns. (I could be a little biased though since I was hoping to get another 🌟 on Jake from State Farm. I mean Sisko.)

Re-runs require DB to create a new 5* crew to put as the new rank reward. Flashbacks require no effort other than copy/paste of the old event.

DB wants their staff to have time to focus on other things rather than creating a new 5* crew. So they created flashbacks to save their staff time.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Flashbacks don't.

😠😠😠😠😠

I was under the impression that this Sisko is top 20 voyager.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shhh... Scott almost had some players convinced to sit out. 🙊

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    AviTrek wrote: »

Flashbacks don't.

😠😠😠😠😠

Re-runs require DB to create a new 5* crew to put as the new rank reward. Flashbacks require no effort other than copy/paste of the old event.

DB wants their staff to have time to focus on other things rather than creating a new 5* crew. So they created flashbacks to save their staff time.

I thought that the Ranked 5 🌟 already existed from the original Event?

I thought what was "new" is however many lines of code it would take to tell the game "If player reaches 400,000 VXP, then award the player War Correspondent Jake Sisko."
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Flashbacks don't.

😠😠😠😠😠

I thought what was "new" is however many lines of code it would take to tell the game "If player reaches 400,000 VXP, then award the player War Correspondent Jake Sisko."

That only happens in reruns because they also create a new 5*, who would've been the previous week's ranked reward. If they had created a new 5* this week, say Lieutenant Nog, Nog would've been ranked reward last week (instead of Jake) and Jake would be available in threshold.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    As they obviously overhaul the threshold anyway they could easily throw us a bone and add the 5* event crew at 400k on Flashbacks too. 2 stars within 2 weeks were nice but for whatever reason DB dislikes the idea of happy customers.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Congrats to [IPA] Glise for the FTM on Sisko.
    robownage wrote: »

Flashbacks don't.

😠😠😠😠😠

That only happens in reruns because they also create a new 5*, who would've been the previous week's ranked reward. If they had created a new 5* this week, say Lieutenant Nog, Nog would've been ranked reward last week (instead of Jake) and Jake would be available in threshold.

That's just slavery with extra steps .....
    Data1001 wrote: »

Shhh... Scott almost had some players convinced to sit out. 🙊

This week is gonna be a 🔪 fight. I'm going to probably do a "soft" Jump Start. Won't use Time Boosts. Sat/🌞/Mon just do enough Crafting to get Community Ten Pull and cover my 20 Away Missions/Space Battles a day for the Campaign.
  • Ty Damar!!

And who said he was weaker than a 3*?jjc5u5m911ot.png

And I agree about adding a 5* reward. I am not really participating this event for obvious reasons.
  • Only six missions for each faction? Is this correct?
    Only six missions for each faction? Is this correct?

Looks like it. That lack of depth of bonus crew doesn't hurt so much now.
  • And it's not only six missions, there's also only one Three-seater for each faction...
  • Ren~ wrote: »

I feel the same way. I can understand a flashback once or twice to help the team. But now, it's always that instead of a reruns. Hire more staff greeB!
    edited January 2020
    Chubb wrote: »

I feel the same way. I can understand a flashback once or twice to help the team. But now, it's always that instead of a reruns. Hire more staff greeB!

By my count, this is the third flashback event and there have been two reruns since the Flashback concept was introduced. In fact, they seem to be alternating between flashbacks and reruns.

Personally, I'm okay with alternating. I definitely have no desire to see reruns disappear, but I'm willing to allow for flashbacks if they really do start leading to QOL improvements.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chubb wrote: »

By my count, this is the third flashback event and there have been two reruns since the Flashback concept was introduced. In fact, they seem to be alternating between flashbacks and reruns.

Personally, I'm okay with alternating. I definitely have no desire to see reruns disappear, but I'm willing to allow for flashbacks if they really do start leading to QOL improvements.

I wouldn't mind flashbacks if they didn't take away 1 rerun for it. They could always do 2 reruns 1 flashback 1 new event between megas and I think most of us would be OK with that.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only six missions for each faction? Is this correct?

I came here to ask the same question. Indeed. 6. Looks like I'll be hitting the galaxy portion hard.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering how long we'll have to wait to learn about next week's event.
    Proont wrote: »

Probably about another 53 minutes, since events are usually revealed at noon on Fridays.
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably about another 53 minutes, since events are usually revealed at noon on Fridays.

D'oh. Yeah, I couldn't remember and this thread was started on a Thursday. My mistake.
    edited January 2020

Fraction Event:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15261/key-information-about-next-week-s-event-revisiting-things-past-01-09#latest

Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Revisiting Things Past
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Crew: Ishan Chaye Sisko 5* (New), Dejaren 4* (New), and Trader Odo 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 01/09 until Monday 01/13 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Admiral Maxwell Forrest (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/16.

Event Factions:
    Cardassian Union, Bajoran, Federation

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of B. Sisko, and Odo.

• ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭

Fraction Event:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15261/key-information-about-next-week-s-event-revisiting-things-past-01-09#latest

Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Revisiting Things Past
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Crew: Ishan Chaye Sisko 5* (New), Dejaren 4* (New), and Trader Odo 4* (Existing)
    Event Dates: Thursday 01/09 until Monday 01/13 at noon (17.00 UTC)

Ranked Reward 5*: Admiral Maxwell Forrest (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/16.

Event Factions:
    Cardassian Union, Bajoran, Federation

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of B. Sisko, and Odo.

Yeah, I saw, thanks. Now I just have 2 more Odo variants to thaw.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong, but I think there is a second difference between Reruns and Flashbacks. Flashbacks are an exact replaying of prior event with no bonus 5* at the 400,000 threshold mark, but all the shuttle missions are the same as the first time around, all the item creation recipes are the same, etc. Reruns are a replaying of a prior event but there is a copy of the original event's 5* crew at the 400,000 threshold mark, and some of the details are updated/different like adding in extra event crew, updated shuttle missions, updated item creation recipes, etc.

Shifting gears, this event has been BRUTAL. The seat skill combos do not line up with hardly ANY of my Archer/Kim variants, and there is exactly 1 shuttle that I've found that allows Jake to perform like an event 5* crew. Like, non-event 5/5 crew are actually providing higher predicted success chances than event crew variants because hardly any of the variants match the seats!

And let us not lose sight of this fact, when this flashback was originally run, max threshold was only 130,000 points. The thought of slogging through this all the way to 350,000 feels especially daunting.
  • I wouldn't mind flashback/ rerun so much if they were genuinely that. Having a new 5* to chase means it's not a rerun or a flashback as most of us chase for that ranked place. It would be great to have a genuine rerun which we could sit out and newer players could compete in. I realise the new ranked reward structure (having next week's 5* as ranked reward) means that this has become difficult.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I think there is a second difference between Reruns and Flashbacks. Flashbacks are an exact replaying of prior event with no bonus 5* at the 400,000 threshold mark, but all the shuttle missions are the same as the first time around, all the item creation recipes are the same, etc. Reruns are a replaying of a prior event but there is a copy of the original event's 5* crew at the 400,000 threshold mark, and some of the details are updated/different like adding in extra event crew, updated shuttle missions, updated item creation recipes, etc.

Shifting gears, this event has been BRUTAL. The seat skill combos do not line up with hardly ANY of my Archer/Kim variants, and there is exactly 1 shuttle that I've found that allows Jake to perform like an event 5* crew. Like, non-event 5/5 crew are actually providing higher predicted success chances than event crew variants because hardly any of the variants match the seats!

And let us not lose sight of this fact, when this flashback was originally run, max threshold was only 130,000 points. The thought of slogging through this all the way to 350,000 feels especially daunting.

Yeah, I felt pretty good about the completion percentages on my shuttles...before it got up to the 3,500 VP level. Fortunately, I don’t care at all about this event and have no problem petering out around 112k VP.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got both SRs immortalized and they are are providing jack as far as bonuses go in the galaxy stage.